You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp's Tactics

Mil-ing Around

you know, thats actually a good reply that

Thanks.  Sorry I laughed at your post, I just thought it was... laughable.  I mean, no style of play other than running around?  If that's the case the opposition managers must be clueless because we usually end up creating more chances, having more possession and so on.  Whereas if all we did was run around like headless chickens, I would have thought that would be something that's quite easy to stop.

Last night wasn't a tactical failing, it was down to the players missing some very presentable opportunities and that clown in goal not doing what he's paid for. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks.  Sorry I laughed at your post, I just thought it was... laughable.  I mean, no style of play other than running around?  If that's the case the opposition managers must be clueless because we usually end up creating more chances, having more possession and so on.  Whereas if all we did was run around like headless chickens, I would have thought that would be something that's quite easy to stop.

Last night wasn't a tactical failing, it was down to the players missing some very presentable opportunities and that clown in goal not doing what he's paid for. 

I honestly don't think you watch our games. 

Hysterical? He was even worse in his first season here. Do you not remember throwing away points at home to garbage like palace, Sunderland and Newcastle? And let's not forget the ultimate shitfest in Basle that we threw away. City away the other week was a sickening surrender. We lost a forward who wasn't having the best of games anyway, yet we played like we'd had our keeper, a centre half and a centre mid sent off.

I'm just not seeing anything from him tactics wise once the games underway at all

I'm not saying he didn't have similar problems in his first season. We had a few games like you mentioned but there were plenty of others where we did come out a better side in the second half and it felt like it was because Klopp was getting his ideas into the players and telling them what they needed to do different to be better in the game.

I'm not saying it's hysterical to suggest we didn't have those problems. I'm saying it's hysterical to say he didn't change a game ONCE in his first season here. He clearly did. It just feels like that isn't happening any more. In a way I'm agreeing with you about this season.

Ah, here we go, another massive overreaction because we didnt win last night. The manager's got no idea, we've no plan A never mind plan b, every signing he's made is shit.

If only football was so predictable. We wouldnt need to play the games in that case.

Apparently we just run around and pay Klopp £7m per year for the privilege. 

Guest Pistonbroke

They're the two most expensive squads ever assembled I believe. So it's not all that surprising. If anything they should be much better.

I fully agree, they just get away with it at times due to stronger squad depth, especially quality wise . It is hard to match such spending power unless you have owners who are more interested in winning trophies than amassing further wealth. We could get closer with a few shrewd buys and concentrating on areas we know are not good enough, but we'd have to take that up a notch further to win a league title which needs consistency over a long period of time. 

This thread is embarrassing. If you can't read a little criticism of the manager's approach without throwing a tantrum and crying about how unfair it all is, you seriously need to be having a fucking word with yourself. Personal attacks on him are out of order, but for the most part nobody is doing that. So get a fucking grip.

The only people having a tantrum are the people throwing toys out of the pram when we don't win every game 3-0.

• Upvote 1