You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp's Tactics

Mil-ing Around

Has a single person ( pro or anti Klopp ) on here said everything is fine ?

I think everybody thinks the summer recruitment was pathetic , but it is a long stretch from that to wanting to sack a seasoned manager who significantly over-achieved only last season & has lost 2 of 12 games this season.

A fair few players need shifting but I have not noted a lack of effort & we always try to win ( It may actually be a problem us being over-positive on the pitch )

Criticism is fine & deserved but the tone of some of it is bordering on ridiculous.

• Upvote 3

The football Klopp wants to play will leave you open, he has made mistakes and clearly defended players when he shouldn't have. Also not bought players he should have. But you cannot cater for the amount of basic errors and mental weakness we have, he should root them out asap as you cannot have this many players of weak mind, and body. Should have done it sooner, his demeanour of late tells me his patience is wearing out. Maybe he finally realises if he didn't already that we are way short in certain areas. Keeper, centre half, centre mid and striker a must, one identified one already sussed.

• Upvote 1

The only dickheads on here are you and the rest of the supes turning into hysterical fannies throwing tantrums whenever st Juergen or FSG have the slightest bit of criticism directed at them on here. I’m sick of you and the rest of the little mangina’s on here trying to make out like we’re some newly promoted team who needs time to settle into a new league with the big boys.

Comparing what klopp took over to what shankly had to deal with shows you up to be either clueless or are happy being some run of the mill club who can't deal with the slightest bit of pressure put on them.

I can’t wait for the other little fanny to start flouncing around with his desperate to be edgy comments saying bring Eddie Howe or some other none entity in, despite the fact no ones asked for klopp to be sacked just to maybe change it around.

The Liverpool way wasn’t to tolerate shite, it was to do your best at all times and win. You seem to have forgotten this when you turned yourself into a little housewife saying everythings fine despite what’s happening in front of us.

Haha. Have a read of that again. Im only surprised you didnt throw the 'superfan' thing in. Thing is, the 'superfans' are the dickwads running around and losing their heads as if the sky has fallen in.

Cunts like you are the very reason papers are running stories that Klopp is 'under pressure.' The same people who post 'I dont want Klopp gone but.......'

The thing is this, Klopp under pressure, the pressure mounts then cunts start posting wanting his head. He goes and someone comes in (cue calls for simone, ancelotti or even benitez again). Then they get less than 2 fucking years to get us in the top 4 and when they fail, they're out on their arse and the next one comes in. Only by this time, the likes of Eddie Howe and the like are the only managers to consider the roles because any top, top manager goes, some of those Liverpool fans will be on my back in 18 months, fuck that, I'll give it a swerve thanks.

You fucking muppet. Call yourself a Liverpool fan? You've been 'supporting' the club for 2 fucking minutes and think you know all the answers. You know jack shit.

• Upvote 1

Haha. Have a read of that again. Im only surprised you didnt throw the 'superfan' thing in. Thing is, the 'superfans' are the dickwads running around and losing their heads as if the sky has fallen in.

Cunts like you are the very reason papers are running stories that Klopp is 'under pressure.' The same people who post 'I dont want Klopp gone but.......'

The thing is this, Klopp under pressure, the pressure mounts then cunts start posting wanting his head. He goes and someone comes in (cue calls for simone, ancelotti or even benitez again). Then they get less than 2 fucking years to get us in the top 4 and when they fail, they're out on their arse and the next one comes in. Only by this time, the likes of Eddie Howe and the like are the only managers to consider the roles because any top, top manager goes, some of those Liverpool fans will be on my back in 18 months, fuck that, I'll give it a swerve thanks.

You fucking muppet. Call yourself a Liverpool fan? You've been 'supporting' the club for 2 fucking minutes and think you know all the answers. You know jack shit.

The response of the hysterical superfan

The response of the hysterical superfan

Haha. That your best shot? Im not the 'superfan' running around losing my head over a run of results that's seen us lose once at man city in a 10 v 11 and our second string against leicester's second string in a competition the Football League doesnt give a toss about.

You were saying 'superfan'?

For me, the worrying aspect is how long each manager gets to impose their methods and ideology on the team.  With each manager we hire the grace period seems to be diminishing.

When Rafa and Ged were here, they were given a reasonable amount of time to achieve their aims.  Some would say Ged was given one season too long, but I think it was about right.  By the end of his time here it was fairly clear that he had taken the team as far as it could go using his methods.  So in came Rafa.  He confounded expectations by winning the CL straight away.  In my view he was let go too early, but I cannot argue that he wasn't given a reasonable amount of time.  

The next proper manager we had was Kenny Dalglish.  He was only given one full season.  Although you could argue that a seventh place finish was below expectations, I don't think he was given long enough taking into account the immediate improvement he made upon his predecessor and the fact that he won a trophy in his first full season. 

We then had Brendan, who was given three full seasons, which seems like a reasonable amount of time in this day and age but the period of time is diminishing and the calls for his dismissal were deafening by the time he got the axe.

We're now getting to the same stage with Klopp where a lot of fans are losing patience.  Some are declaring that they've had enough and can't ever see Jurgen sorting out the defensive lapses. 

I don't like it at all.  We're nearly at a point where our managers will be given one season to hit the jackpot or the fans will start to lose patience.  All that will lead to is long-term mediocrity.   

• Upvote 4

Haha. That your best shot? Im not the 'superfan' running around losing my head over a run of results that's seen us lose once at man city in a 10 v 11 and our second string against leicester's second string in a competition the Football League doesnt give a toss about.

You were saying 'superfan'?

Superfans more offensive than the N word to you isn't it you soft cunt.

For me, the worrying aspect is how long each manager gets to impose their methods and ideology on the team.  With each manager we hire the grace period seems to be diminishing.

When Rafa and Ged were here, they were given a reasonable amount of time to achieve their aims.  Some would say Ged was given one season too long, but I think it was about right.  By the end of his time here it was fairly clear that he had taken the team as far as it could go using his methods.  So in came Rafa.  He confounded expectations by winning the CL straight away.  In my view he was let go too early, but I cannot argue that he wasn't given a reasonable amount of time.  

The next proper manager we had was Kenny Dalglish.  He was only given one full season.  Although you could argue that a seventh place finish was below expectations, I don't think he was given long enough taking into account the immediate improvement he made upon his predecessor and the fact that he won a trophy in his first full season. 

We then had Brendan, who was given three full seasons, which seems like a reasonable amount of time in this day and age but the period of time is diminishing and the calls for his dismissal were deafening by the time he got the axe.

We're now getting to the same stage with Klopp where a lot of fans are losing patience.  Some are declaring that they've had enough and can't ever see Jurgen sorting out the defensive lapses. 

I don't like it at all.  We're nearly at a point where our managers will be given one season to hit the jackpot or the fans will start to lose patience.  All that will lead to is long-term mediocrity.

This is the best thing I have ever seen you post. I agree with everything you've said here

• Upvote 1

Bang on this. There's a reason shit clubs like palace, watford and a few others are shit and get shit managers. It's because they bin the manager off quickly.

Superfans more offensive than the N word to you isn't it you soft cunt.

It's the 'superfans' like you that are doing all the wailing. 1 league defeat and yes some draws. But to 'superfans' like you, that's a mega crisis and one where questions have to be asked of the manager's tenure.

You're the one losing your head. 

There's no award for 'ignoring huge mistakes your manager is making and not admitting to'.  

You don't get to watch a game in his front room, there is no secret door you get to go through at Anfield, you just sound weird because you ignore the huge burning issue that is 1 win in 7, and no idea how to unlock teams who sit back.

You're the one losing your head. 

There's no award for 'ignoring huge mistakes your manager is making and not admitting to'.  

You don't get to watch a game in his front room, there is no secret door you get to go through at Anfield, you just sound weird because you ignore the huge burning issue that is 1 win in 7, and no idea how to unlock teams who sit back.

You've been called a cunt on here by others so I'll just let them speak for me there.

Bang on this. There's a reason shit clubs like palace, watford and a few others are shit and get shit managers. It's because they bin the manager off quickly.

It's the 'superfans' like you that are doing all the wailing. 1 league defeat and yes some draws. But to 'superfans' like you, that's a mega crisis and one where questions have to be asked of the manager's tenure.

Embrace being a superfan Jim. To my mind, it means that we want what's best for our Club, both short term and long term. There's gonna be blips, like in every walk of life, but we have the patience and don't do 'knee jerk' that might set us back even further. The opposite of being a Superfan is being a Shit Fan. There are many Shit Fans on here.

• Upvote 1

Jim, this is his 3rd season in charge now. He was brought in as the previous incumbent was getting slaughtered for not being able to set up a team that could keep a clean sheet. Christ, the man was slaughtered for losing weight and brushing his teeth. For a manager of Klopp's calibre, I honestly expected a lot more tactically and in purchases yet I'm seeing the same things happen that were happening before he came.

Klopp's no idiot and you only have to hear him speak in his interviews and the man says the same things were saying on here yet these aren't getting translated into the pitch.

If he hasn't got the players to do what he wants tactics wise then he's gonna have to change what we're doing to suit what he's got. We're too easy to play against at the min and good teams would have realised that spartan and Newcastle were awful after 5 minutes and swept them aside with ease instead of letting them escape with a draw.

All depends on the starting point though.

Zidane took over at Madrid and won the CL within 4 months. 

Madrid had dropped points in 7 games upto Jan 2016 when he took over.

From that point they only dropped points in 3 more games.

• Conte came in and won the title in his first season at Chelsea.
  • Ranieri came in and won the title in his first season at Leicester.
  • Mourinho came 4 points behind CIty in his return to Chelsea, and then won the league in the following season.
  • Pellegrini came in and won the title in his first season at Man City.
  • Mancini won the title at Man City within 18 months of taking over.
  • Ancelotti won the title in his first season at Chelsea.

You can hate the modern game all you want.