You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp's Tactics

Mil-ing Around

Not that much wrong with the tactics when you constantly create three chances for every one you give away. Some games cry out for a change of approach because you're creating nothing but we haven't had one of those this season.

Burnley was quite poor and the towel was thrown in against City to save ourselves for games that matter but agree, pretty much every other game, we've been the better side by far.

Defensive stats

Most tackles:

1. Ndidi
  2. Kante
  3. Mooy
  4. Schindler
  5. Gueye
  6. Monreal
  7. Schneiderlin
  8. Fletcher
  9. Merino
  10. Obiang
  11. Richarlison
  12. Pieters
  13. J Ayew
  14. T Carroll
  15. Stephens

Most interceptions:

1. Monreal
  2. Schneiderlin
  3. Defour
  4. Dann
  5. Matip
  6. Femenia
  7. Romeu
  8. Zabaleta
  9. Dawson
  10. Fosu-Mensah
  11. Kante
  12. Koscielney
  13. Lowe
  14. Fernandinho
  15. Williams

Aerial Battles Won

1. Benteke
  2. Mounie
  3. Tarkowski
  4. Duffy
  5. Hemed
  6. A Carroll
  7. Schindler
  8. Vokes
  9. Romeu
  10. Mee
  11. Richarlison
  12. MaGuire
  13. Diouf
  14. Ndidi
  15. Koscielney

Well from this I can see we need to buy Ndidi or Romeu for our midfield, and that we'll probably end up with Richarlison as another defensive forward.

You really struggle, dont you dick. The OP was going on about city, united and spurs finishing 20 points in front of us. I replied to that. Then, to show just how big a dick you are dick, you then go on about goal difference or something completely unrealated to the number of points those 3 sides may finish ahead of us.

Better luck next time, dick but for now, the computer says, no.

You where saying they won't finish 20 points ahead which is more than likely true so I was pointing out there goal difference will come into effect possibly at the end of the season you thick cunt.

@Globies

If you want  to talk results, we've won 4,211 consecutive games @LFC

in response too - Jurgen Klopp: "We are not the Harlem Globetrotters... We're out here for results!"

So now we're quoting tweets from a bunch of performance artists. Desperate.

And the exact same amount of points in the league.  

They've moved stadiums, their keeper has been wank and their striker didn't score a goal in August.  And they're still ahead of us in the table.

Their next 3 are Huddersfield, Bournemouth and Liverpool.

Our next 3 are Newcastle, Man United, and Spurs.

I wonder who will be higher in the table after these respective runs.

Yeah those rich clubs just buy the best players and then get any old jobsworth to coach them. That's why Mourinho won fuck all until he joined mega rich clubs like Chelsea - he's not actually a good coach, he just had good players.

There's an element of truth in this but to be fair to Mourinho he did do a decent job at Porto with their golden generation. There are some excellent coaches that never get jobs they deserve at big clubs and there are terrible ones who do,but at the end of the day the tactics are mostly about how good the players you have to carry them out. The increasing element in modern football is the manager's psychology over his players and how to motivate multi millionaires who are often better paid than him. I think a good deal of Ferguson's success came from this as his tactics often fell well short in europe versus so called inferior teams. I think Klopp has a bit of that about him but with a decent tactical awareness due to how overseas coaches are trained.

Looking at them stats that that dick head has put up, I reckon our scouts should scour Europe and buy players based on how good their specific stats are. We could call it something like 'Moneyball' or something like that.

Yeah, I'm sure Southampton didn't buy Van Dijk or Mane or Romeu or anyone else based on their stats.

Likewise Leipzig or Salzberg, they just knew Keita was a top player from the goals he scored for FC Istres in the French second division.  

I'm sure Ndidi is shit and won't be getting bought by Man City or something next year.

The stats are interesting and reinforce what we know: our team is piss poor in midfield and defence.

I imagine for successful dribbles or passes in the box we would do a lot better.

I dunno.  Successful means something different to me, it means a goal.

We can have 100 shots on target but they might be blams from 25 yards in there as well as headers from corners that loop 15 yards above the goal. 

I saw the Morata hat-trick the other day.  I don't think I've seen a worse hat-trick, but to be fair to him he hit the target from 6 or 7 yards, and if you do that then they'll mostly hit the back of the net. 

Saw Moses ping a cross across the goal, ball was hit way too hard, it was basically a shot that went wide, but Morata was back post and gambled and almost got his 4th.  We need that sort of player.

You read this about Kane's rise from the Spurs ranks, and they all say he was nothing special, just worked really hard and believed in himself and trained on his weaknesses.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36321045

Can't help but think there's aspects of Woodburn that you could make comparisons with.  I don't like this theory that he's a budding midfielder.  He's a top finisher, he should be developed as a striker.

Tactics are immensely overrated. The richest teams,ergo the best,clean up because they buy the best players and pay them the biggest salaries. Tactics only come into play during games between evenly matched teams and then its often individuals who make the difference. As for Carragher and Neville's analysis,which teams have they guided to trophies based on their tactical nous? (I don't watch any of that sky analysis bullshit anyhow,but its always easier from the warmth of a studio over the intensity of a dugout.)

You think Rafa won the champions league with players like Djimi Traore, Igor Biscan, Josemi, Nunez and Baros without tactics?

Come on mate, that's stretching it! Tactics play a huge part at the highest level. Fat Sam has rescued many teams from relegation because of his defensive shape and organisation. Same with Pulis. Same with Mourinho winning so much and Rafa working miracles in 05 and to get us there again in 2007.

Sure better players matter but a quality coach + tactical approach can get a lot more from average players too.

Personally i think Klopp has got a fairly average bunch of players into the champions league and two cup finals with his tactics and man management. Sad thing is he didn't replace most of them last year or this year and now they are really getting found out.