You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lucas

Kevin D

Well managers tend to keep playing him there so I just sort of went by those examples myself.

Wherever he plays he just simply isnt very good anyway.

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet over both Rodgers and Allen. Both of them are pretty average in their roles.

More like you're the one with a bee in your bonnet, I rarely think about or mention either of them. You're the one obsessed with telling the world how average they are.

Managers have never played players out of position have they?

Matic has already made his big move, silly goose.

Lucas is clearly bang average. There are scores of people who can do what he does.

None of your other points have any relevance to anything I've said.

The problem is that we haven't even tried to sign any equal let alone better over the last four years.

• Upvote 1

Not at this club. Including that winger we acquired in the summer who fancied the role.

Jurgen likes Lucas, I reckon. Though he'll surely be buying a long-term replacement...

I'd really like for us to sign someone who could challenge Lucas for the position, let alone replace him.

I thought his legs had gone a bit and a replacement was needed.

But he's looking better, fitness wise, with more games under his belt.

He's in the team on merit and we look much more solid for it.

I think we'll be looking for a central midfielder still, but I'd argue that he'd be to play alongside Lucas, rather than replace him.

Mascherano has scored none in five years at Barcelona. 

Why would anyone judge a fucking holding midfielder on how many goals they score?

I'm not judging a fucking holding midfielder on goals they score. Touchy Jacko style fans. Lucas has been really good the last couple of weeks, he isn't world class, but he's been good. Let's dream eh?

He plays centre back for them and rarely goes up for set pieces.

He's played both positions. No-one cares how many goals he scores because his objective is to stop his team conceding them.

Same with Busquets. 12 in seven years.  Makelele got two in 217 games for Chelsea. One in 141 for Real Madrid.

It's a really odd thing to expect of a holding midfielder. 

I'm not judging a fucking holding midfielder on goals they score. Touchy Jacko style fans. Lucas has been really good the last couple of weeks, he isn't world class, but he's been good. Let's dream eh?

What?

I think for some people their opinion's matter more to them than the actual football.

We've just tonked Chelsea on their own patch and yet one of the best players on the day is moments later, still being labelled as 'bang average'.

Shameless shit.

• Upvote 8

More like you're the one with a bee in your bonnet, I rarely think about or mention either of them. You're the one obsessed with telling the world how average they are.

Managers have never played players out of position have they?

Out of position all the time?

Rodgers maybe but I trust Klopp more.

Allen is pretty average then,can we not just agree on that?

Matic has already made his big move, silly goose.

Lucas is clearly bang average. There are scores of people who can do what he does.

None of your other points have any relevance to anything I've said.

Nar allen is bang average lucas when he leaves will have a better selection of clubs from city to juve lining up whereas allen will be at burnley.

• Upvote 1

He's the best in the league though, surely he's good enough? Maybe Barca or Bayern?

Maybe he's just a bang average player who has played better than normal and his diehards are going well over the top. As. Per. Usual.

The players youve claimed are top on here are allen, hendo, mignolet, lovren and i recall konyplanka.

Just to recap for anyone, this mans judgement in players is shite.

• Upvote 3