You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (A) 31/10/15

smilezzz

Irrespective of where you sit on someone losing their job over such comments, it's pretty remarkable that someone in a prominent position within the field of law would allow themselves to be filmed coming out with that sort of shite by someone who's likely going to be putting it on the internet, as well as writing it on their own Twitter account.

What could possibly go wrong?

An unmitigated fucking idiot.

Exactly. And, apparently, Twatter folk are using it as a further stick to beat the people of Liverpool with, blaming us for his sacking.

Nope. It's only one person's fault. The gobby knobhead in the video.

Why is it pathetic? Guy was an absolute wanker and his views showed a stunning bias that would affect his ability to do the job. If a doctor or politician had come out with that he'd have been fired on the spot.

But he's not a doctor or a policeman, so who cares?

It's pathetic because once again people have shown themselves up as fucking tryhard, crying cunts. 

It's a bellend being a bellend; it doesn't affect anyone at all. It's the internet equivalent of telling all the teachers because someone in the playground told you you stink.

Professional outrage is something that needs knocking on the head.

• Upvote 3

Couple of things I'd like to mention from Clive's little rant.

" supported Chelsea since I was a boy ? " Doubtful. More than likely since Roman came and he learnt about football at a paint ball team bonding trip to St Tropez.

" we sung for Benitez to stay at Liverpool they sang about sacking Mourinho ". I think Clive may not quite get the whole sarcasm thing. You were singing because we weren't doing well you fool.

Did you see the snarl he gave the young Chelsea lad shouting over his shoulder ? Real dismissive sneer. A bit like Hos Lordship when the footman forgets to clean Hound shit of his boots.

It's pathetic because once again people have shown themselves up as fucking tryhard, crying cunts. 

It's a bellend being a bellend; it doesn't affect anyone at all. It's the internet equivalent of telling all the teachers because someone in the playground told you you stink.

Professional outrage is controlled by...well by the professionals. In fact a doctors personal beliefs would have less effect on his process.

The firm just ventured outside the US in the last calendar year and have no time for footballs tribal bullshit or England's collective meatheadedness in general. It directly affects their ability to do business in the way they choose and that is all that matters. If the profession deems it to be non-consequential, and he is at the top of that profession he will get another gig tomorrow. 

If the ethnic group in question was not connected to football the fella would be facing legal sanctioning.

The only thing more ridiculous than his rant is someone trying to justify it as sporting rivalry.

• Upvote 1

I'm not bothered about his YouTube antics and Nazi-like blogs, but had he followed in the footsteps of Mr Sinatra, and purposefully posted something on TLW, then naturally we'd have been obliged to destroy his life.

As it is, as Ted said, just laugh at the little biff and the damage he's caused to his firm's reputation by it all being made public.

Are you talking about Maureen now?

All true.

But it's still funny that his acting like a... well, like a Chelsea fan has resulted in him being put out (although it probably is only a temporary blip in his leechy career).

Do what I did, just laugh it off.

I don't get it, personally. That Old Holborn tool was rightfully hounded on Twitter because of his Bulger/Hillsborough comments, which were vile. This fella is just a posh lawyer who got a bit of a cob on because his team lost. Is it worth sacking him over it? Nope, not in my opinion. Let him have his little rant and as Ted says, laugh at it and get on with your day.  

I don't get it, personally. That Old Holborn tool was rightfully hounded on Twitter because of his Bulger/Hillsborough comments, which were vile. This fella is just a posh lawyer who got a bit of a cob on because his team lost. Is it worth sacking him over it? Nope, not in my opinion. Let him have his little rant and as Ted says, laugh at it and get on with your day.  

But it isn't us that has sacked him. His company has decided that having one of their employees slagging off huge groups of people on the internet/telly probably isn't great for business. 

But it isn't us that has sacked him. His company has decided that having one of their employees slagging off huge groups of people on the internet/telly probably isn't great for business.

Especially considering he's not a run of the mill employee with little clout.

In fact, he's anything but an employee. He was a partner. He would've had all sorts of duties which he had to abide by written into the partnership agreement, such as:

- to act in the utmost good faith to the partnership and the other partners,

- Not to place themselves in a situation where their and/or another’s interest would or may conflict with duties owed to the partnership or the other partners.

- Not to place themselves in a position where their own interests conflict with their duty.

I'm sure his rant has potentially breached these duties in that it reflects badly on the overall law firm and damages their reputation.

I think his dismissal isn't really attributable to what he said, but how he said it, how it's been reported and because a person in his position is held to fairly high standards and reputation is key in the legal business. Not one individual factor led to his sacking, rather it was a perfect storm of all these factors.

He's been an absolute arse. Fan cam shit goes viral if anybody says something funny or has a monumental rant or meltdown. Just look at The Redmen TV, Andy Tate, the United "bobbins" arl bloke, the red in the face Chelsea fan recently, the Arsenal blokes Claude and the other one.

When they do something mad, it's all over stuff like LadBible, "banter" pages (euuuugh, banter, what a horrid concept, Paddy Power etc.

That he thought he could go off on one like that without it going "viral" shows massive naivety on his part, but it was this factor that brought it to the attention of his employers and led to his dismissal, rather than the "those typical whinging Scousers" narrative that some are spinning.....again.

• Upvote 2

It's only football. We do it on here all the time, calling people a lot worse things than your man did. There do be some fierce spiteful venom on TLW and people getting very worked up about chavs, scum, bitters, twats, cunts, shitehawks, referees, neanderthals, mouth-breathers, diminutive Portugese child abusers and inbred morons from anywhere that can be found on a map.

It's just football, everyone else is always a mong. Old mate made a right fool of himself very publically but at least he did it because of the blinkered partisan nature of following your team. I have more respect for him than the majority who would have given a self conscious, bland opinion about 'turning it around...faith in the squad...blah blah' straight out of the socially acceptable handbook of not making waves. If you want passion in sport you need to accept guys going over the top, otherwise you get stadiums full of iphone watching, half and half wearing consumers.

• Upvote 1

It's only football. We do it on here all the time, calling people a lot worse things than your man did. There do be some fierce spiteful venom on TLW and people getting very worked up about chavs, scum, bitters, twats, cunts, shitehawks, referees, neanderthals, mouth-breathers, diminutive Portugese child abusers and inbred morons from anywhere that can be found on a map.

It's just football, everyone else is always a mong. Old mate made a right fool of himself very publically but at least he did it because of the blinkered partisan nature of following your team. I have more respect for him than the majority who would have given a self conscious, bland opinion about 'turning it around...faith in the squad...blah blah' straight out of the socially acceptable handbook of not making waves. If you want passion in sport you need to accept guys going over the top, otherwise you get stadiums full of iphone watching, half and half wearing consumers.

Have you read his blogs were he's going on about Boris Johnson and "self pity city"?

I don't have any respect for him, to be honest. He's typed that bile out when calm and lucid. And had time to reflect before posting it online.

He's a cunt and got what he deserves.

• Upvote 3

We don't earn hundreds of thousands of pounds a year. 

He seemed to be a self appointed expert on Liverpool according to his blogs. He has probably never been here and if he has it's only been on a coach for an away game. Just a typical London knobhead who never ventures outside the Truman Show that is London.

Middlesbrough fans singing sign on last season and that article by the Sunderland fan in the Liverpool Echo had some snide digs in it like the pubs they went in were a dump and the generosity of the locals being astounding despite everyone they met being poor. Because everyone aspires to live in fucking Sunderland don't they. There's areas of London that are completely and utterly shit but you still have to pay top whack to live there.

This whole "Liverpool is the worst shithole ever" gets on my fucking tits, I've been to most big cities in the UK and all of them have their shit areas, at Liverpool has its own identity and character. Yet people from grim no mark places in Lancashire and Yorkshire have the cheek to look down on us.

• Upvote 2

We don't earn hundreds of thousands of pounds a year.

Neither does he anymore.....

Let's face it there has got to be fundamentally something wrong with you if you have to be that nasty and slag off swathes of people and a City because you've lost a football match, and that ain't anything to do with passion....

I hate a lot of clubs and yeah you can come out the ground pissed off but it still no excuse for the way this prick behaved....fuck him the cockney wanker .

• Upvote 1