You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2016

aRdja

Just add the depth and quality we are desperately short of.

We probably need to be a about ten points better in the 2nd half of this season than we were in the first to wrap up a top 4 place - something that could be done if Klopp is allowed to reshape our spine and add some strength and depth in key areas.

We go into January fighting on 4 fronts and we haven't got enough depth, bollocks or quality to be successful without adding in January - would be criminal to expect Klopp to work until the summer with what he has been left and expect him to do the business with that shower....and i find it hard to believe he isn't telling the owners he needs to buy.

If they won't back him then they clearly don't have any understanding of what it takes to be successful or have any desire to be successful.

Any investment now would have to be for an immediate return in league position - the owners don't rate the cups and winning the El with this squad is beyond a big ask.

We need too much - goals, dm, goalkeeper - for anything less than a big investment. We're competing with too many teams for 4th spot at the moment to warrant one.

• Upvote 1

I'd be happy with Grujic and Sane for now. Sane might be difficult as Man City are interested, and Schalke seem to want to use the fee Man Utd paid for Martial as some sort of benchmark for young players with a lot of potential. 

I'd love a player like Kroos, but I don't have much hope of that. If he is less effective in Rafa's style he should wait, as I don't think Rafa will be there for years on end. Even if Kroos really is off, surely there will be a number of teams who are richer than us and able to offer more of a guaranteed shot at challenging for the title and competing regularly in the Champions League than we can offer at present. 

I'm very hopeful under Klopp. He has shown he is good in the market and can build a very good team. January is always tricky, but if there are deals to be done that would help us, we should get in there. We'll all be saying summer is difficult because of the Euros! So as ever, the time is now. You should do what you can, when you can. It will be very interesting to see what happens. 

The mancs are meant to be signing Felipe Anderson for £35m.

Real boom or bust signing that would be. Really talented but equally as inconsistent. Unplayable on his day, but others he looks like Ryan Babel.

Just hope if he does sign for United this isn't another Douglas Costa situation where you have a guy lying in the weeds than he signs for a bigger team and he suddenly starts showing his talent in a big way.

Would be a big gamble though

So its yet another major rebuild in the summer and a summer when pre season will be fractured as well.

Fuck that get some in now and give them half a season to bed in - you can't tell me Klopp does not know the likes of Allen, Lucas et al aren't the answer now or going forward.

• Upvote 3

If we are adding random names into the misx, I would like to add Pjanic for his freekicks.

I'd love to see that too. Imagine what he could add against the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham and Crystal Palace. Every time we got a free kick there would be...

Pjanic on the streets of London. 

* I'll get me coat. 

• Upvote 2

Another shitty link but here goes

Jean Catuffe/Getty Images

Gianni

Verschueren

Jan 1, 2016

Comments

Liverpool are reportedly "ready to spend €9 million" for the services of RB Leipzig's Emil Forsberg in the January transfer window, while the Reds are also set to announce Marko Grujic as their first winter signing and Fenerbahce will rival the club for the signature of Juventus' Martin Caceres.

Swedish winger Forsberg has already scored five goals for Leipzig this season, his first full season in the German Bundesliga II, per WhoScored.com. Per Bild (h/t Joe Mewis of the Daily Mirror), he has now caught the eye of Reds manager Jurgen Klopp.

Michael Campanella/Getty Images

RB Leipzig is an ambitious club that was only founded in 2009 and is on the fast track to the highest level of German football, as they currently lead the Bundesliga II standings.

Convincing Die Bullen to sell won't be easy, although it shouldn't be too hard to make Forsberg fall in love with Anfield. The talented speedster has spent his entire career playing for relatively minor teams, which is remarkable, given his obvious potential.

Here's a look at some of his highlights from his last season with former club Malmo:

On the surface, Forsberg looks like an odd transfer target for a storied club like Liverpool. He's not a well-known player, doesn't even ply his trade at the top level of German football and is already 24 years old.

But Klopp has always had an eye for talent, and he managed to build an impressive squad with Borussia Dortmund by making a number of shrewd signings. If he believes Forsberg is good enough to play in the Premier League, he's probably right.

#LFCLFC.png opened discussion with Ter Stegen,he doesn't have much time playing and he is Klopp priority ! No discussions with FCB for The moment.

From the chief football editor at RMCsport. Don't know how reliable that is but he's verified on Twitter so probably not the worst source

Edit: RMCsport is a French sport station

Pretty sure that the only other time I heard Bouhafsi's name was when he announced we were after Manquillo before anyone else had a sniff, so he obviously has some sources.  A quick google reveals he was also the first person to report Martial to United.

Still not letting myself believe that until it happens.  On the one hand, I've maintained that Klopp is not well-served by saying anything publicly about a new goalkeeper, as it does nothing but hurt Mignolet.  On the other hand, he has been rather adamant about the fact that he's not interested in replacing him at the moment.  

One thing's for sure - if it happens it'll be brilliant for us.  Ter Stegen is a really good player and the only reason we'd have any chance of him coming here is Klopp + the fact that Bravo is clearly preferred over him at Barca.  Fingers crossed.

• Upvote 1

I fucking hate transfer 'windoz,' they're shit. the Europeans should have moved to the English model of being allowed to buy when you want with an exception being a block, like we used to have from around the middle of March to season end.

UEFA put the ridiculously artificial windoz in place because in Europe, it was thought clubs would buy their way out of relegation or at the other end of the table, the title. But in reality, how many times did that really happen?

The only time I recall anything like that happening (gulp!) was when we signed Ronnie Rosethal who fired in a few goal in a title run in.

Get it fucking scrapped.