You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2016

aRdja

Aubemayang?

I reckon Reus might do one at the end of the season and I can't see Dortmund letting both go but as far as proven pacey forwards go he's gotta be up there. Lacazette would perhaps represent a bit more of a risk but assuming this is the type of forward Klopp wants then there's not many 'proven' players I can see us getting especially with Arsenal on the look out for a top forward.

Personally i'd rather see the transfer committee demolished and either fucked off or rebuilt in Klopps vision before we splurge anymore big money. Definition of madness and all that.

I wonder how Leicester will play it - borrow against the incoming tv money and splurge to win the title? I would.

Maybe they'd be interested in Allen, Lallana, et al. Might be a good chance to unload some dross.

They'd want to improve not go backwards.

• Upvote 1

xzTAE.jpg

Translation: Quique Guasch "Ter Stegen , if not play, wants to leave the club. He has an offer from Liverpool and it is possible to accept it."

Keeper starts considering his exit strategy

Ter Stegen hits rock bottom

Barcelona lifted their third Club World Cup trophy last Sunday at Japan's International Stadium in Yokohama. The Catalan players were all smiles... all except one.

Goalkeeper Ter Stegen just went through the motions whilst celebrating the win. He posed with his teammates for the mandatory photos, but looked serious - barely cracking a smile after the game - in contrast to the rest of the squad.

He did not feature at all for Luis Enrique's side during this Club World Cup. He watched the semi-final against China's Guangzhou from the bench, although everyone thought that the Barça boss would shuffle his pack for the final and start the German in goal. After all, that is what he did at last summer's Spanish Super Cup, which was played over two legs.

The surprising decision has angered Ter Stegen and the Barça boss is now faced with a complicated situation. The German joined the Catalan club two years ago expecting to take over as first-choice keeper once Victor Valdés left the Camp Nou. Luis Enrique's arrival at the club changed all that. He was not taking any risks and asked the club to sign Claudio Bravo.

Juan Carlos Unzue recommended this keeper, a player he knew well. Faced with a tough choice in his first season in charge, Luis Enrique played the Chilean in the league and Ter Stegen in the Champions League and the Spanish Cup.

http://www.marca.com...956a8b45aa.html

Ter Stegen i cant see  happening but if it did would sort our keeper issues out for years to come  he is a very gifted keeper that ive kept an eye on when he was in the bundesliga with mönchengladbach and can easy become  the world best keeper in years to come 

A decent goalkeeper would be a huge transformation for us.

Look at the impact at Arsenal getting a keeper in that can deal with corners and crosses as well as making crucial saves at vital moments.

We currently have 2 keepers who can't deal with any crosses that even come into their 6 yard box.

• Upvote 1

Daddy wants more cash

Said after he wins the league he will be worth more each year. But in his words "I wont let them ruin my boy". Dont worry you are doing a good enough job at that yourself

He made a compelling case to be fair to him; young Serbs tend to fail in the Premier League, and experienced Serbs tend to do better.

Ter Stegen i cant see  happening but if it did would sort our keeper issues out for years to come  he is a very gifted keeper that ive kept an eye on when he was in the bundesliga with mönchengladbach and can easy become  the world best keeper in years to come 

It's depressing how often we've said this phrase or very similar about players over the past 5 years.  

"I can't see Varane happening but if it did imagine how good he'd be next to Sakho..."

"This link to Kovacic can't possibly be real but if it was we could box off midfield ..."

"Higuain is a pipe dream, but just imagine if it came off, ..."