You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2016

aRdja

I think we should pay for Texeira, even go to £38m, and just get it over the line and get the squad energised and focused on a big finish to the season, and getting 4th or even 3rd place would instantly repay the inflated fee for him.

We've got Flanno back, and in the next 2 weeks we're looking at the return of Origi, Coutinho, Lovren and Skrtel, Rossiter, and anything that happens with Sturridge is a bonus. Interestingly, it could be that he makes a cameo in a few games and gets us to the CL, and we part ways on good terms, with him attracting big bids and going to the Euros.

That's the mad thing, if he comes today, then he could make the Leicester game on 2 Feb.

If we got 3 points against Leicester then it could be the difference between 4th place and 7th place by the end of the season. It's so tight, that 3 points could be the difference between CL qualification income, and not.

Qualifying for the group stage = £9.1m

Per Group match win = £1.1m

And that's not taking into account the increased revenue from matchday and a 55,000 capacity of Anfield next season.

We're 8 points off Spurs in 4th place. Spurs look like they're motoring, but this is a purple patch, it will stop.

We have Spurs, Chelsea and City at Anfield to come this season, they're the big 'tough' ones on paper.

Spurs have City, Chelsea, Stoke and us away, and also have games against United and Arsenal.

Get him in and show a bit of ambition. You never know, it might be contagious.

I have zero idea if this kid is worth anything like 38m. what i will feel sure about though is where we are in the league now would make it most unlikely we will qualify for CL with or without any new signing. in fact we've probably more chance of getting CL through the uefa cup. i love to give fsg a kicking, as i think they're a bunch of cunts, but i genuinely wouldn't criticise them for not wanting to spunk an additional 14m (about 50%) on a player to get us to this seasons CL - for me the player is either worth it or he is not at this point. i am more than happy to kick them for going for a player they would have been pretty sure they won't match the valuation on from a stubborn owner (38m for an uncapped 26 year old brazilian does seem expensive), as it seems little more than a PR stunt as it stands right now. 

• Upvote 2

If we DO get him, and it's a big if, he'll be sensational in the PL.

He's got the lot; pace, upper body strength, great finisher with either foot, any distance, makes runs, can hold the ball up.

He's definitely a striker, his showreel demonstrates that. I never thought of him as a striker, but he definitely is.

The problem for Shakhtar though is what they do with £38m on the last day of the transfer window to replace their man source of goals, especially as they're level on points at the top of the league with Dinamo Kiev and only the first place team goes straight into the CL group stages.

Today is a very good day for my family. A friend informed me that the Teixeira PC Computer backs and wallpapers that my mum designed and posted on her the other week as been widely appreciated and shared throughout the internet. But most of all - they were loved by the man himself, Alex Tex!

This image was sent to me by my brother this morning!

7ggdYgK.jpg

It seems like my mums great PC Computer wallpapers has helped Tex deciding to join Liverpool. This is the highest praise a artist can receive!

My mother is so happy that she has decided to make the images copier. FREE to download and share for everyone for the rest of Tex life!

Enjoy!

Mobil background/PC Wallpaper - enjoy!!!

e0504911_o.png

Macintosh background. Suitable for MacBook Air. Enjoy!

V6sEPGH.jpg

• Upvote 12

Alex ”Tex” Teixeira confirms completed Liverpool transfer – thanks the Reds’ supporters for their passionate displays in social media

Brazilian attacker Alex Teixeira has confirmed his move to Liverpool, saying he was aware of the Reds’ interest early on, but that in the end it was the fans of his new club and their efforts that prompted the switch.

The Reds agreed terms with Texieira a fortnight ago but have been waiting for a confirmation from Shakhtar Donesk. According to the player himself that’s now been sorted out and Teixeira is today Liverpool bound, subject to a medical. 

The Brazilian, who wants to break into the Brazil squad for the Copa America this summer has told Brazilian newspaper Globo: “I told my previous club early on that I wanted to move to the Premier League this winter, and in the end it was between to clubs. 

“They both tabled to similar offers so I was actually free to decide which club to choose.

“It was never a easy choice, but nowadays it is easy to establish an opinion of the different clubs and their fans by going on the internet.”

Teixeira, who has 22 goals in 15 league games for the Ukrainian side this year, has described how he took use of Instagram to decide on which club to play for during the coming 5 years. 

“It was my desire to move to a big league and I knew that the English league is very strong. Yesterday evening, when I logged on to instagram hunting for football fans pictures of myself, I found that those who were most anxious were supporters of Liverpool. The place was overrun with wonderful 'Tex-collages'.

“I am ready – and I know that I will grow up a lot there. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank in particular Quaresmas mother, who’s PC Computer Backgrounds really made the choice clear to me! A true graphical artist!

Liverpool coach Jurgen Klopp has been in need of reinforcements for some time now and he is certain to sanction more business this month if the club can secure the right kind of recruits for the right price.

• Upvote 1