You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2016

aRdja

I'd like to see this starting team after Jan 31st....

Grujic

Grujic  Grujic  Grujic  Grujic

Grujic  Grujic

Subs;

Grujic

Grujic

Grujic

Grujic

Grujic

Grujic

Kolo.

• Upvote 2

Grujic

Grujic  Grujic

Subs;

Grujic

Grujic

Grujic

Grujic

Grujic

Grujic

Kolo.

Already has a better balance to it.

Has anyone actually watched Grujic play ? Sky had a piece on their website the other day, half a dozen people gave their opinion on him, nearly all of them had a differing opinion on what his best position was, from defensive midfielder to winger. They all said he had a lot of potential, but it seemed as though nobody really knew what sort of player he'll become, basically he's a kid with a lot of potential, perhaps a tad early to be drawing up starting XIs that include him in my opinion.

In other words sky talking out there hole

Granted, I'm a bit overly ambitious putting Grujic into the team! I'm just hoping he's got something we're missing at the moment, and will add a bit more oomph through the middle. He's a big unit and has a lot of natural talent, and I'm hoping that alongside Henderson and Can we win the midfield battle against anyone, then beyond that, Coutinho behind two strikers who will move - Origi and Sturridge (!) or Embolo/Dembele, whoever we end up buying. Surely we will buy a striker, won't we?! We're scoring so few goals.

In other words sky talking out there hole

In all fairness the comments were from the Serbian U21 coach, a former Red Star coach and a couple of Serbian journalists, people that would actually have some sort of idea. It wasn't as if they asked Curbishley, Taylor and Merson, the normal names they pull out of their hat.

Breel Embolo, young striker, plays for Basel. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to be spending 40M to buy Aubemayang or the likes, but I'm operating on the assumption that we are looking for a similar sort of player nearer the start of his upward surge. As such, I'm throwing out a couple of names I've seen floating around. 

Dembele at Fulham. 

Embolo at Basel. 

I think we might end up getting this sort of player for Klopp to mould, alongside Origi. 

My guess is we will end up jibbing Sturridge off as he won't be able to train enough (or arguably  Klopp will wheel him out for matches, ala Ledley King, which might be a good option). And I don't think Benteke will make it here, and while his stock is still high enough, we might cash in. If not, he will be a back up.

Has anyone actually watched Grujic play ? Sky had a piece on their website the other day, half a dozen people gave their opinion on him, nearly all of them had a differing opinion on what his best position was, from defensive midfielder to winger. They all said he had a lot of potential, but it seemed as though nobody really knew what sort of player he'll become, basically he's a kid with a lot of potential, perhaps a tad early to be drawing up starting XIs that include him in my opinion.

Grujic - What are you?

• Upvote 1

Grujic

Grujic  Grujic

Subs;

Grujic

Grujic

Grujic

Grujic

Grujic

Grujic

Kolo.

I support Liverpool F.C, not Marko Grujic F.C.

Breel Embolo, young striker, plays for Basel. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to be spending 40M to buy Aubemayang or the likes, but I'm operating on the assumption that we are looking for a similar sort of player nearer the start of his upward surge. As such, I'm throwing out a couple of names I've seen floating around. 

Dembele at Fulham. 

Embolo at Basel. 

I think we might end up getting this sort of player for Klopp to mould, alongside Origi. 

My guess is we will end up jibbing Sturridge off as he won't be able to train enough (or arguably  Klopp will wheel him out for matches, ala Ledley King, which might be a good option). And I don't think Benteke will make it here, and while his stock is still high enough, we might cash in. If not, he will be a back up.

Can't we buy a full sized adult?

Another great signing by the foxy Foxes,,,,,,

Weren't we supposed to have first dibs on Gray after loaning them Ibe? Hope it's not gonna be another Deli Ali situation and we've got something else lined up!

Can usually judge a manager by his first five or six signings on how good his player judgement is.......fingers crossed Klopp knows his stuff

Can't we buy a full sized adult?

Embolo* is 6'1, strong, and fast as. But I know what you mean.

Ideally we will buy a mature striker to be as close in attributes to Sturridge as possible, minus the injuries of course. I don't know who that person is. Aubemayang is banging the goals in so it might be him... but unfortunately he will cost 40M and there will be other suitors. If we can get someone like that, so much the better.

I'm betting that we won't be in the market for that level of player, and we will have to buy someone who is hopefully on the way up to that level. I'm not frustrated by this though, as I've every confidence in Klopp to sort it out.

There is a case to be made that when a lot of players get rich they lose some of their hunger. Mentality is a big issue in our squad right now, so maybe the way forward is for Klopp to shape a new team with a few younger and hungry players in there. But given the way the Premier League is, we'd want them to be able to handle themselves too.

Players like Ter Stegen, Matip, Grujic, Sane, Embolo...

These might not quite be the ones we land, but I think that's where we'll be operating in the market. Talented youngsters with very high ceilings. Obviously there are risks in this sort of approach, but a fella like Klopp has a great track record of polishing a lot of rough diamonds. I would be more excited by this sort of approach under him than getting more 'sure things' like Lallana and Benteke, who were both Prem proven, at a good age, and seemingly ready to do good things here before they came.

* I'm not necessarily all in on Embolo. I've only seen clips and I don't have lots of knowledge. But I'm just trying to imagine the strategy we will pursue in the market.