You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2016

aRdja

Was always pie in the sky that Klopp would have a fortune this January. Rodgers spent our budget in the summer.

Ridiculous giving him the summer window when there was obvious so little faith in him to sack him a few months later.

We spent hardly anything in terms of net spend in the summer, there should be plenty of money available for Klopp.

I don't expect us to make any big signings though as we need top quality added and those kind of players are normally not available in Jan, if anything we'll sign some promising youngsters and maybe that squad player Klopp had at Dortmund Grosskreutz.

• Downvote 1

Buying players that get immediately loaned back seems to be the way forward. It saves all that time and disappointment finding out that they're shite . I wish this policy had been in place when we bought Balotelli . Way forward

On the subject of that useless fucking cretin, I wonder what will happen during the Summer? I can make an educated guess now. He will be 2 years into his Three years deal.

We won't wanbt him back.

Milan wont really want him, they certainly wont want to pay a transfer fee for him.

It will be us paying the dopey fucking oaf's contract up and him staying in Milan or going to another Italian club for nothing.

Can anyone see Klopp wanting him?

In fact, will anyone really want him?

Even on a free he's not an enticing prospect is he?

Meh, I'm not overly convinced of Matip from what I've seen of Schalke. Defensively they've been letting in some soft goals. I'm sure I heard on a podcast that they've not kept a clean sheet for 8 games now

Matip is definitely an upgrade over kolo though and he'll be a good squad player for us. Improvement in the squad without spending a penny. Save the money for the first team buys

On the subject of that useless fucking cretin, I wonder what will happen during the Summer? I can make an educated guess now. He will be 2 years into his Three years deal.

We won't wanbt him back.

Milan wont really want him, they certainly wont want to pay a transfer fee for him.

It will be us paying the dopey fucking oaf's contract up and him staying in Milan or going to another Italian club for nothing.

Can anyone see Klopp wanting him?

In fact, will anyone really want him?

Even on a free he's not an enticing prospect is he?

I remember hearing a lot when we signed him about how it was "no risk, because even if it doesn't work out we'll still get most our money back."

Funny how that worked out, eh?

• Upvote 1

We love the club and want players to do well, it clouds our judgement, sometimes turns us into complete idiots, thinking he would ever do well, is one of the best examples ever.

We all knew it but we let ourselves get sucked into maybe Brendan can, he could not and neither will any manager, we got it right up the rear end with that one but it is not the first or the last time.  

In the modern game he has no place, you have to work and be disciplined and those are two attributes he does not have.

Javier Hernandez is the one we should go for.  Would be hilarious to watch the Manc fume when he started to bang in goals for us to get us top 4 ahead of them.

Only half-joking here, by the way.  I mean, I know he wouldn't leave Leverkusen so soon, but it would still be hilarious, and I really think he'd be very good for us.