You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2016

aRdja

But we now see links to Saponara at Empoli, another number 10.

I actually think we DO need a number 10, because it's quite obvious that the current ones we have are not of a high enough standard.

Remains to be seen what happens with Coutinho, but I see his future as a midfielder, like Gundogan does for Dortmund, or Thiago at Bayern.

I can't see a future for Lallana or Coutinho in the final 3rd of the pitch for us. We can't break teams down at home and they're integral to that issue.

Firmino will take this role

Klopp has said he won't raid Dortmund.

I hope he won't extend that to Mainz as Yunus Malli looks a decent player.

11 goals already in the Bundesliga and also stood out in a recent youth tournament/game I watched when he was playing for Germany.

Pacy, skillfull with an eye for goal from what appears to be a wide left position.

I want Muto from Mainz, going to be ace I reckon.

• Upvote 1

I think FSG are more than willing to back Klopp in the market his January.

Lest you forget, he hasn't made a signing yet, and it's every manager's right to expect a transfer window where they can bring their own players in.

In some ways, bringing Klopp in after the transfer window shut was a very clever move. It means he doesn't rush into make signings, and that he actually gets to grips with his squad and the division first, and then has time to identify the right targets and go after them in January and next summer.

Those two transfer windows will make or break him. The same as it does for almost every manager. Rodgers shot himself in the foot with the signings of Allen, Borini and Assaidi in that first Summer transfer window, and loaned in Sahin, and his subsequent signings of Coutinho and Sturridge the following January were excellent players but neither of them has gone on to become World Class players.

From the moment he got them signings wrong, we were always playing catch-up. Had any of Allen, Borini, Assaidi and Sahin been top class then we'd have won the league the following season.

If you bear in mind that Klopp only has a 3 year contract, it's vital he gets his first signings right. And to that end, I've no doubt that FSG have agreed to back him over a 3 year period in a pursuit of success. If we don't win anything in these three years then I can see FSG jacking it in, and rightly so, because they've been more than fair to this club in terms of money and now bringing in the BEST manager on the market.

I really think our failings come from chances created and not the strikers.

I think we could have Carlton Cole and Charlie Austin as striker options, and with a couple from Firmino, Goetze, Muller, Çalhanoğlu, or Fekir behind them they'd be getting 20 goals. Also Lars Stindl at Moenchengladbach has a knack for finding the net from midfield. Also, what about Ciro Immobile? A Klopp signing, didn't work out, but he's got that Pelle vibe about him and might suit this division.

I also wonder if he might have his eye on Krychowiak as a DM, as he's got a track record in spotting good Polish lads, and Sevilla are about to tumble out of the CL.

Can't imagine we'll spend a lot in January. 

I think we'll bring in a goalkeeper if there's a good deal to be made, but that's probably it. I'd like to see how we defend with a different type of goalkeeper than Mignolet. 

We desperately need cover in the full-back positions but hopefully Flanagan can be that player.

A striker would be nice too to provide competition to Benteke but can't see any players of that quality being available mid-season. I'm going to assume Sturridge will be out for the rest of the season because his availability is abnormal.