You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2016

aRdja

From ESPN:

Corinthians have dismissed reports that Liverpool have agreed a deal to sign Alexandre Pato.

Pato's loan deal with Sao Paulo is due to end next month and he has confirmed he expects to leave Brazil amid reported interest from a host of European sides, including Barcelona and Tottenham.

Tuttomercatoweb.com reported on Saturday that the former AC Milan forward had lined up a move to Anfield in the January window, while Corinthians president Roberto de Andrade had been quoted in other publications as saying "Liverpool await" the player.

However, De Andrade told GloboEsporte.com that there have been no negotiations with Liverpool for the 26-year-old and he later added on SporTV: "Corinthians have received nothing. Nothing concrete has arrived."

Sources have also told ESPN FC that there is no truth to claims that Liverpool are pursuing Pato.

However, De Andrade said he remained confident that Corinthians -- who sent Pato on loan to Sao Paulo in February 2014 -- would be able to sell the player in January.

"I still think Pato is a great player, and I continue to be certain that we will negotiate a deal for the player on the European market," he said.

The Brazilian joined Corinthians from Milan in January 2013 on a four-year contract.

• Upvote 1

Was watching a Dortmund game replay last night, and they were so impressive especially in terms of playing a high line with a goalkeeper that basically was nearer the halfway line than his penalty box.

He just swept up behind the defence with consummate ease, playing gutsy first time passes to feet.

I think that if Klopp is to achieve this high pressing game he needs a goalkeeper with a similar skill set.

Klopp has said he won't raid Dortmund.

I hope he won't extend that to Mainz as Yunus Malli looks a decent player.

11 goals already in the Bundesliga and also stood out in a recent youth tournament/game I watched when he was playing for Germany.

Pacy, skillfull with an eye for goal from what appears to be a wide left position.

Klopp has said he won't raid Dortmund.

I hope he won't extend that to Mainz as Yunus Malli looks a decent player.

11 goals already in the Bundesliga and also stood out in a recent youth tournament/game I watched when he was playing for Germany.

Pacy, skillfull with an eye for goal from what appears to be a wide left position.

He's mainly been playing #10 this season. Very talented player but a position we do not need strengthening

He's mainly been playing #10 this season. Very talented player but a position we do not need strengthening

But we now see links to Saponara at Empoli, another number 10.

I actually think we DO need a number 10, because it's quite obvious that the current ones we have are not of a high enough standard.

Remains to be seen what happens with Coutinho, but I see his future as a midfielder, like Gundogan does for Dortmund, or Thiago at Bayern.

I can't see a future for Lallana or Coutinho in the final 3rd of the pitch for us. We can't break teams down at home and they're integral to that issue.