You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2016

aRdja

We are struggling for goals. Striker needed. I've said a couple of times that I think we will keep Ings and Origi as third and fourth choice next season, while I think it will end up being one or the other of Sturridge and Benteke, with Klopp likely to go for a main man who he wants and can depend on to lead the line up front. 

Whether that player will be available in January or not remains to be seen. It's also possible that Klopp will clear the decks up front more than I'm suggesting. 

So, a top striker in January, if available. 

I think in the next couple of windows the spine of the team will change. I think Sakho will get a new regular partner, and we'll also add a central midfielder, with Allen and Lucas looking most vulnerable to me, though the latter is a solid pro and a good player - it's just that we need a bit more than the post injury Lucas.

I'd love Gundogan but doesn't he have injury concerns as well?

Beyond that I've seen us linked with Aubameyang in which case I think Sturridge would be the odd man out of the 4 strikers we currently have unless Klopp wants Aubameyang as a wing rather than a Striker. Wouldn't be surprised if we were in for Reus as well. I think his opinion on taking Dortmund players will be not to unsettle them but if they're likely to be sold anyway then it might as well be to us rather than Bayern, PSG, Madrid, or Barca.

That Ruben Neves from Porto has been linked as well, he's young but from the admittedly little I've seen he'd be an ideal replacement for/understudy to Lucas. Perhaps has a bit more overall in his locker as well.

Someone who I haven't heard of for 3 m > Someone I have heard of who is shit for 20 m.

Totally agree. The meltdown on here because we don't buy big names is a big ridiculous at times. All great teams are the sum of their parts, regardless of price. If it was all about price then Real would have won a lot more over the last 30 years than they have done.

One thing we do know is that Klopp will buy players that will run through walls for him. That's already a massive plus.

• Upvote 1

We'd probably be looking at John Ruddy and Kyle Naughton if the last manager had gotten more time.

Klopp and his team should be well ahead of the curve in terms of available German talent.

Rafa brought Alonso in during his first window. Along with various others, we badly need a player in that position.

• Upvote 1

Everything everyone on here has been banging on about for the last half dozen windows.Anything but more dwarf AMs.

This. And what I've been banging on about is pace, mobility and creativity in attack (and on the wings if you like). More off the ball movement, especially running in behind the opposition defence, is what this team is really missing. Our deficiensies in CM and defence are quite clear, but our main problem remains the total lack of ability to tear teams apart. Best evidence is maybe our total lack of counter attacking threat. When you face a quality team you know the one thing you can't afford is losing possession in danger areas and let them counter. When was the last time we really hit someone on the break? April 2014 probably.