You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best pubs you've been in??

Harry Squatter

The Faltering fullback in Finsbury Park is worth a look.

Used to do great meals, and the beer garden has been described as being like the Ewok village in Star wars, presumably without hairy midgets

Also there used to be  a pub in Liverpool that i used to get taken too before sporting events called the Windemere (i think) is it still around?

Not sure its the best pub in Liverpool, but certainly brings back fond memories of people trying to sell me razors and batteries

Paris- the Highlander. At the end of Pont Neuf. Always put the match on for me. happy hour with budvar. Also have Belhaven which is tasty

Fishbourne inn on the IOW. Good local bitters, can bring the dog and good food as well.

Ship and Mitre of course. White star line sell train beers to go in lime street. Not really a pub more of a waiting room

Best pub I have been in recently was in Amsterdam on Spui, it was chick full of Sinatra memorabilia and muppets characters.

You were also negged by me, when the bus I was on lurched as I was trying to rep this.

Hahhaha.

Cunt.

It was a f**tball related 'cunting', seeing as how nobody asked.

I'd been at a sports stadium somewhere in the London area earlier in the day, and at about 10pm wound up there. I was pissed enough to say hello to him when he came in. I gave it the 'thanks for everything' shit and his response was 'have you got love? ... use it.' I replied that I had love but also had hate for M*n *td in an ill-judged attempt to curry sky-blue Britpop favour. He told me 'it's not about that'. I  than enjoined him to give it his best on his new album 'for us' to which he relied, 'we'll do it for ourselves, not you you cunt'. Then he shook me hand. 

Needless to say, I had the last laugh. 

• 8 years later...
9 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Looks like our Yorkshire Red may be going up in the world and getting papped falling out of this place.

It will also give him the chance to ask Mrs YR is she fancies him taking her up the Rhubarb Triangle.

Screenshot_20240314-111525_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hope place gets top Marx then. 

When I lived in Acton, we used to drink in a little pub by the station called The Albion. First time in there, we got invited to a stay behind and didn't get home until 6 the following morning. Was rough as houses, but the people in there were sound. Living in London, finding a friendly place to drink where strangers will strike up a conversation and the barmaids remember your round after only a couple of times going there is like gold dust.

It's a fucking beauticians now. Cunts.

24 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The Halton Castle in West Derby is sound. Should have a Pool Table in the back. Best pub round here by a mile 

That was the pub we used to go to about 20 years ago. Loved that place.

Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese off Fleet St in that there London is a good pub. The Coop on College Road has not long been open and is a decent little pub that has no music, no telly, no food, and loads of ace beers. The Volunteers' Canteen in Waterloo is a boss little pub that does a great Guinness.

On 20/10/2015 at 20:37, Bjornebye said:

The Purple Turtle in Reading. Spent a whole saturday in there when I was meant to be at Reading festival. Only popped into town that morning for a shit and a brekkie. Went in there for a quick pint, left 7 hours later. Took a few lads off here after reading away a few years ago. Matty Q shit himself when two lesbians sat near us.

@mattyq where the fuck are you 

• Haha 1

The Cornmarket opposite The Slaughterhouse is a boss pub.

Also The Swan on Wood St but you have to be cool to enjoy it. 

There used to be one opposite St Helens train station fuck knows the name or if it’s even still there that used to be great. Boss pool table and the barmaid had the biggest tits this side of Jedward. Hopefully she’s still working in there doing knee volleys and serving young perverts Boddingtons 

• Upvote 1

The Cornmarket is a great pub. Used to like drinking in the Roscoe Head, the Grapes, and Ye Cracke. Just discovered The White Hart and the Engineer on Hope St. You tried them?

• Upvote 1

Loads in Leeds City centre as @YorkshireRed and others will testify to. Duck & Drake, specially in their beer garden in the summer.

Templar - the finest pint of Kirkstall Three Swords in the city. 

Head of Steam even if it's just for the draught Delerium Tremens

Adelphi - Gorgeous old pub

Scarborough Taps

Could go in forever. So many belting places. Luckily for me I'm off on a daytime pub spree this Saturday. 

1 hour ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Loads in Leeds City centre as @YorkshireRed and others will testify to. Duck & Drake, specially in their beer garden in the summer.

Templar - the finest pint of Kirkstall Three Swords in the city. 

Head of Steam even if it's just for the draught Delerium Tremens

Adelphi - Gorgeous old pub

Scarborough Taps

Could go in forever. So many belting places. Luckily for me I'm off on a daytime pub spree this Saturday. 

I’ve spent time in all of those. Used to work quite close to the Adelphi and Scarborough Taps was always first stop on a night out in Leeds if getting the train in.

I’d add The Grove Inn to this, there’s obviously loads of others. It’s a little out of town, stuck behind Bridgewater Place.

Maintains some decent ales, has some good live music, and used to be the meeting place for the West Yorkshire branch of the Liverpool Supporters Club.

Edit: I’ve just looked The Grove up. Says it’s temporarily closed. Hopefully that doesn’t turn into a permanent thing. It’s been a while since I’ve been, but it was a decent little boozer.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’ve spent time in all of those. Used to work quite close to the Adelphi and Scarborough Taps was always first stop on a night out in Leeds if getting the train in.

I’d add The Grove Inn to this, there’s obviously loads of others. It’s a little out of town, stuck behind Bridgewater Place.

Maintains some decent ales, has some good live music, and used to be the meeting place for the West Yorkshire branch of the Liverpool Supporters Club.

Edit: I’ve just looked The Grove up. Says it’s temporarily closed. Hopefully that doesn’t turn into a permanent thing. It’s been a while since I’ve been, but it was a decent little boozer.

Not been in there for a good 10 years. It is a bit far out for a city centre pub crawl but a cracking boozer. 

Just found this on faceache:

Screenshot_20240314_161440_Facebook.jpg

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Not been in there for a good 10 years. It is a bit far out for a city centre pub crawl but a cracking boozer. 

Just found this on faceache:

Screenshot_20240314_161440_Facebook.jpg

Well that’s a bollocks. Hopefully it gets back open as soon as possible.

Enjoy your afternoon. 

• Upvote 1