You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp interview / press conference thread

Arl arse

I can see Klopp vs the media being an ongoing narrative. I suggested he might be forced out by them in the future, that was tongue in cheek but you never know with these poisonous cunts, if he doesn't play ball they're not going to give him an easy ride.

It cuts both ways though, liverpool fans like nothing more than someone who is prepared to stand-up to the media and tell them how it is. On the flip side, when the going gets tough they'll be like sharks with blood in the water. Like that Henry Winter disgrace when Rafa's dad died. Despicable cunts.

• Upvote 4

All you hysterical fannies obsessing over the questions and answers at press conferences are the origin of the problem. If no-one gave a good fuck about anything that went on at these monuments to bullshit, then reporters would have no reason to grandstand.

Shut up you fuckin donut, who's obsessing over questions and answers? Loads of people like hearing him speak because he's witty and engaging. The press in this country are fucking poisonous and closing our eyes and pretending they aren't here won't make them go away.

• Upvote 1

Shut up you fuckin donut, who's obsessing over questions and answers? Loads of people like hearing him speak because he's witty and engaging. The press in this country are fucking poisonous and closing our eyes and pretending they aren't here won't make them go away.

Yep, and that's why the press try to court controversy. Because delicate flowers like yourself are so easily bent out of shape about it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yep, and that's why the press try to court controversy. Because delicate flowers like yourself are so easily bent out of shape about it.

I would think Liverpudlians and Liverpool fans, more than most, have a pretty good reason to hate the gutter press of this country.

• Upvote 2

There's no shifting of goalposts you daft whopper. The press in this country are fucking poisonous - and that's a standalone statement.

As was mine - all those crying that Klopp will run away from the press, or that they are asking mean questions, perpetuate the cycle. The solution is simple: pay no attention to press conferences because they are fucking wank.

But your option of watching them and stoking your indignation and then crying about it and then wondering why the press continues to push those same buttons, that's good too, I guess.

When the paparazzi take pictures of two-bit celebrities, and the news is packed full of meaningless crap about how Kylie Minogue likes green tea enemas....whose fault is that? Someone is the audience for this fucking shit.

As was mine - all those crying that Klopp will run away from the press, or that they are asking mean questions, perpetuate the cycle. The solution is simple: pay no attention to press conferences because they are fucking wank.

But your option of watching them and stoking your indignation and then crying about it and then wondering why the press continues to push those same buttons, that's good too, I guess.

When the paparazzi take pictures of two-bit celebrities, and the news is packed full of meaningless crap about how Kylie Minogue likes green tea enemas....whose fault is that? Someone is the audience for this fucking shit.

What exactly are the press gaining from me writing on a forum calling then all cunts?

I don't get this at all. I have no interest in press conferences. No amount of wit and wisdom from Klopp would make me watch one live. But do you really think that if all Liverpool fans stopped tuning in to them, and therefore the press conferences stopped, that the media would stop throwing hand grenades at him? 

Er... publicity? Many's the time I've read on a forum that such and such a journalist wrote such and such a thing and how scandalous it is and only been made aware it ever happened through that.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Ok but it's not really applicable to the press in general.

Ok but it's not really applicable to the press in general.

Yes but I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that the people who complain about the press in general are probably the same ones who share individual articles that serve to illustrate their point.

I don't think you're wrong at all btw, the English media is a disgrace. But getting people wound up seems to be their business and if you are angry at either the writers or whoever they happen to be hanging out to dry they've done their job well.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Some of the shit he gets asked, fucking hell. Reporter there expecting him to throw Clyne to the lions for the goal. Anyone can be a reporter/journo in this country.

Usually the slime-ier and more duplictious they are the higher they rise..

This is murdochs domain,  rebecca brookes being a fine example.. 

• Upvote 2

Usually the slime-ier and more duplictious they are the higher they rise..

This is murdochs domain, rebecca brookes being a fine example..

Its the same scenario at every corporation in this country (the whole fuckin planet) that's why the global economy is heading down the shitter.
  • Upvote 1

I don't get this at all. I have no interest in press conferences. No amount of wit and wisdom from Klopp would make me watch one live. But do you really think that if all Liverpool fans stopped tuning in to them, and therefore the press conferences stopped, that the media would stop throwing hand grenades at him?

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on how precious people are about what they read as well.

The papers want to be discussed; football is a great opportunity for that because with every dig at a particular club, you get a bunch of rivals cheering it on, and fans of the club all up in arms. Success, all the time, because the audience eats it up on both sides.

My issues are with press conferences in particular because players and coaches talking about what they just did or what they are going to do is the most boring, mind-numbing thing ever. It's up there with actors talking about their inspiration for a role; I simply don't care. (I appreciate that others disagree, but to be fair, I'm very consistent in this - I don't watch any interview/PCs for any team I support, win or lose.) To me, getting upset with the questions asked at a press conference is pointless and a little funny; as was all those who used to watch Rodgers' press conferences searching for things to hang him by.