You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp interview / press conference thread

Arl arse

I seen it on Instagram so no idea how to show it on here but anyone seen that video of Klopp and his assistant signing and dancing from last night at 6am, what a guy. I don’t think there’s ever been a man made for a club more than Jurgen and Liverpool, whatever he achieves or doesn’t here he’s made thousands of disillusioned Liverpool fans believe and fall in love with football and the club again all on his own.

Ps get Buvac back.

I seen it on Instagram so no idea how to show it on here but anyone seen that video of Klopp and his assistant signing and dancing from last night at 6am, what a guy. I don’t think there’s ever been a man made for a club more than Jurgen and Liverpool, whatever he achieves or doesn’t here he’s made thousands of disillusioned Liverpool fans believe and fall in love with football and the club again all on his own.

Ps get Buvac back.

Reason enough for him to turn the screw publicly if adequate funds (not those based on sales) aren't made available to truly strengthen the squad. For some bizarre reason a sizeable chunk of the support was skeptical enough of Rafa that, for all the protests Hicks & Gillette's actions in undermining him triggered, it was hardly unanimous. There was a lot of misguided "oh, but they've spent so much on Torres!" out there. Klopp being less cagy and guarded than Benitez makes him more relatable and easy to get behind.

Is he still more honest if we don’t strengthen the squad significantly & yet still says he had no intention of doing so? In that case, if we fall short of challenging for the league or CL next season because of that - bearing in mind that the decision not to sign more players was his and his alone - is it time to start looking elsewhere?

I know it’s easier to blame the owners and, as we know, their way of doing business was in place before Klopp’s arrival, but if the manager goes along with it entirely, never questioning their approach, doesn’t he deserve a fair portion of the blame if we fail to improve?

Is he still more honest if we don’t strengthen the squad significantly & yet still says he had no intention of doing so? In that case, if we fall short of challenging for the league or CL next season because of that - bearing in mind that the decision not to sign more players was his and his alone - is it time to start looking elsewhere?

I know it’s easier to blame the owners and, as we know, their way of doing business was in place before Klopp’s arrival, but if the manager goes along with it entirely, never questioning their approach, doesn’t he deserve a fair portion of the blame if we fail to improve?

If the team that barely spends doesn't win the league or champions league then sack the manager haha

Such delusion.

I get the feeling that he has got patience with the owners but the patience won’t last too long.

I think he’ll stay and keep the party line until he believes/ realises that the owners are not as interested in winning and progressing as he seems to be.

The pull of LFC is strong for a person who seems to be a football romantic, but unless the owners are on the same page, and I don’t think they really give a shit about winning, I fear the good relationship won’t last too much longer

I get the feeling that he has got patience with the owners but the patience won’t last too long.

I think he’ll stay and keep the party line until he believes/ realises that the owners are not as interested in winning and progressing as he seems to be.

The pull of LFC is strong for a person who seems to be a football romantic, but unless the owners are on the same page, and I don’t think they really give a shit about winning, I fear the good relationship won’t last too much longer

During some of the post match interviews on the telly-box, I noticed John W Henery and his wife strolling across the pitch looking like they had won the lottery. I wonder if he has the club under his tenancy to give her the chance of showcasing her status on the biggest stages in sport and so long as they are making these kinds of appearances occasionally then it's great. Winning stuff? That would be a bonus but it's not near to top of the list.

Hope I'm wrong and we find out soon enough that there is money to spend on the kind of players that will get us near to the 'winning stuff' category.

During some of the post match interviews on the telly-box, I noticed John W Henery and his wife strolling across the pitch looking like they had won the lottery. I wonder if he has the club under his tenancy to give her the chance of showcasing her status on the biggest stages in sport and so long as they are making these kinds of appearances occasionally then it's great. Winning stuff? That would be a bonus but it's not near to top of the list.

Hope I'm wrong and we find out soon enough that there is money to spend on the kind of players that will get us near to the 'winning stuff' category.

They have won the lottery. Someone put on another thread that getting to the final had netted us £73m whereas winning would have got us £76m

The extra £3m would not have been worth the outlay of better players or even the extra win bonus that the club would have paid. They are happier if we are there or there abouts. Winning costs them money

• 2 months later...
“We are still Rocky Balboa, not Ivan Drago,” said Klopp.

“We are the ones who have to do more, fight more, and that must be our attitude.

“In the moment someone thinks we reached already a point then that is when you start disappointing yourself and the people around you.

“Why should we do that? We didn’t reach anything so far. We went to finals. Should we go to a final again we should try to win it this time.

“We have to be like Rocky.”