You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp interview / press conference thread

Arl arse

I love Klopp.He keeps defying those people who say you have to have a squad full of £50m+ players to challenge for trophies. He stays loyal to the players people say he should bin off because they are not good enough. He continues to get the best out of his players. He will only spend big money on a player if he sees that player bringing something extra to the team.

I love Klopp.He keeps defying those people who say you have to have a squad full of £50m+ players to challenge for trophies. He stays loyal to the players people say he should bin off because they are not good enough. He continues to get the best out of his players. He will only spend big money on a player if he sees that player bringing something extra to the team.

Thy aren't good enough to win the league, we need better.

Thy aren't good enough to win the league, we need better.

I don't think we're too far away to be honest.

If it wasn't for City having such a good season it would have been a tasty title race.

If we get off to a good start next season then I think we're good enough to carry on the momentum similar to 2013.

If we add 4 or 5 decent players this summer, I think we can do it too. However, if City failed it would have been the Mancs and not us that would have capitalised.

We are scrambling for 4th as it stands.

A little unfair with "scrambling" comment, we have had the CL as a focus. I think without that we'd probably have been finishing 2nd.... but I'll take 4th and Number 6.

That was funny about the transfers. Some journos ask the most stupid fucking questions. Why does he have to have something to say about Alex Ferguson? What are they hoping he'll say?

They do that all the time to all the managers and then they show on Sky a montage of all the managers discussing it like they decided to talk about it, not that they were asked!

Very funny about the transfer! "What is his name? Ooh he's available?!"

Klopp Golden boot cool.

Love it when he said we should have scored more but he was happy that we did not because Brighton did not deserve to conceed that many.

Wasn't there some sort of disagreement between Klopp and Hughton at some point and it was cleared up in conferences? 

Wasn't there some sort of disagreement between Klopp and Hughton at some point and it was cleared up in conferences? 

Yes , Hughton thought Klopp had avoided shaking his hand at the Amex . but Klopp explained that he got jumped by Mo & others right at the end & he couldn't get away. Sorted out quite quickly by a Jurgen apology & they seemed fine yesterday. I quite like Hughton.

• Upvote 1

He’s absolutely fantastic isn’t he? Every answer is great to listen to, and there’s no way he’s putting that team out there with anything other than total belief.

Belief in themselves. Belief in him. Belief in his methods. Belief that we can win the final.

I’m officially excited now.

The man behind the smile - Jurgen Klopp special

5 live's Football Daily

A special in-depth interview with Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp before his side's Champions League final against Real Madrid. Mark Chapman is joined by Spanish football journalist Guillem Balague, who went out to Marbella to interview Klopp, and German football writer Raphael Honigstein, who has written a book on his career. You will also hear from Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana on what it's like to play for Klopp.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0680z2x

• Upvote 2