You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp interview / press conference thread

Arl arse

Why just count summer windows? This is the third window.

Why!? Because the winter window is notorious for the lack of clubs willing to sell their best players and make themselves weaker.

You can point to judas and Suarez as being examples of great business in January. First off, how many other great and influential signings have we made in January over and above these two in the last 5 or so years?

Second, how many years apart were these great pieces of business in January? 5 years? So, that illustrates we havent signed great players more often than not in January.

Third, it may technically be Klopp's 3rd window. He was only in the job from October before the first window opened in the January. You expect him to know within a couple of months who is not going to fit his plans, identify suitable replacements and get them signed within 3 months!? You might, I dont.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

Interesting he didn't completely write off Sakho...

= Sakho puts the effort in at Palace and we get a decent price from them, or someone else come the summer. If Sakho is half arsed we could end up having to sell on dirt cheap or be forced to keep a player on the wage bill who we don't want. We should never have agreed to a loan imo, knew we fucking would though. 

= Sakho puts the effort in at Palace and we get a decent price from them, or someone else come the summer. If Sakho is half arsed we could end up having to sell on dirt cheap or be forced to keep a player on the wage bill who we don't want. We should never have agreed to a loan imo, knew we fucking would though. 

I like the thinking! I was surprised how he worded it but that makes sense. Class from him saying he'll talk to Sakho not through the papers!

Re loan, I know it was gutting but at least Palace get to pay his huge wages

Guest Pistonbroke

I like the thinking! I was surprised how he worded it but that makes sense. Class from him saying he'll talk to Sakho not through the papers!

Re loan, I know it was gutting but at least Palace get to pay his huge wages

Yeah, Klopp is playing a good hand. If he was going to forgive him he would have done so when we had those injuries at the back, Sakho's done at our club. Hopefully he realises that putting in the effort at palace is good for both himself and our club. 

i reckon he might just have finally clocked that the shower he manages aren't up to it and that he needs to do something different with them for the rest of the season and then ruthlessly cull the fucking frauds in the summer

We all knew it, he had to learn it.

I'd rather him just come out and call them out. They're shit we can all see it so why try and convince us otherwise. He'd get a lot more respect and leeway with the fans if he just came out being honest, call the owners out if they are withholding transfer funds and call out the players who clearly aren't up to it. He might aswell try something else, maybe it will push them on maybe they'll continue this shit run, either way we're on a shit run. If he calls the owners out and they don't like it what can they do? Sack him? He'll just go to a club that will actually back him in the transfer market. I can't see him sticking around past the summer if this shit continues and I'm not saying he's not completely blameless because after 5 similar games against shit who sit back and pick us off he should have learned how to stop it. He said after the Burnley defeat he didn't mind losing that one because he learnt from it and how to stop it, well clearly he hasn't because we've literally played that Burnley game now at least 5 times with the same results.

• Upvote 1

how many do you think it will take Jim?

I said when he was appointed I thought it would take him 2 or 3 summer windows to get the squad he wanted. I still think that way although it really looked like we were making very quick progress to getting there quicker.

As Ive said in the match thread, he needs to make a start to this by getting rid of achterberg. It doesnt matter if we'd sign Neuer, that tit would wreck him inside 5 training sessions.

As for the interview, I think he's seething inside but kept it low key because he was being interviewed by some woman/

As for people say that's on klopp again, they're entitled to think that but I disagree. I think and Im sure he knows the players let him down today. People think one or two signings in the last window would prevent the recent results and today in particular? Not having it. When your best player is missing an virtual open goal from 6 yards, a signing in January aint making that goal happen.

Im hopeful FSG make money available in the summer and we go for our targets and dont come up with this 'oh they wanted another 5m for him so we pulled out.' Time will tell but fuck me, 28 years and counting!

• Upvote 1

He looks disappointed in the whole Liverpool experience if you ask me.

Can you really blame him though? Since he's come here he's realised our amazing fan base is a load of moany cunts (me included sometimes) and our amazing anfield atmosphere is a myth (unless it's a massive game) going from German football, especially Dortmund, to the quiet mundane Premier League crowds must be a huge culture shock. I agree he looks like a lost broken man, his charms is on the wane being taken over by anger.

Im happy if he's angry

He fucking should be with them bollockless cunts that take the field most weeks. Fucking mental midget the fucking lot of them.

Fuck me were are the nasty,snidey cunts teams need. Suarez,Mascherano,Carra,Gerrard and Alonso wouldn't havevlet these cunts get away with being such shithouses each week

Guest Pistonbroke

Im happy if he's angry

He fucking should be with them bollockless cunts that take the field most weeks. Fucking mental midget the fucking lot of them.

Fuck me were are the nasty,snidey cunts teams need. Suarez,Mascherano,Carra,Gerrard and Alonso wouldn't havevlet these cunts get away with being such shithouses each week

We certainly need a new captain, Henderson is a fucking pussy who just passes the buck asap. Plus when I say we need a captain I mean by buying one in, none of those fuckers at the club seem to have the mentality for it. 

Im happy if he's angry

We Don't buy players like that anymore.  John Henry calls them bad purchases.