You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp interview / press conference thread

Arl arse

He wants to watch the match from behind the goal.

There is another end where the goal is.

Look mate, I'm really not trying to argue, I have said that it's not a perfect situation nor would I advocate it happening it was merely a suggestion at something that could work. Like I said surely something has to change because Klopp can't keep calling out the fans week in week out and the fans can't put up with shit performances week in week out.

Yea he could, it's clearly not just the fans, the team aren't performing at all. It's a vicious cycle, they don't give a shit about individual fans but when 50,000 people are cheering a tackle or an interception or a 50 yard pass it's bound to motivate anyone. Not matter what we all say on here nothing's going to change is it.

I love Klopp but he's talking out of his arse on this atmosphere issue. There were thousands of fans outside the ground singing the team into the stadium and at kick off, then we got the usual 45-minute training session with no urgency served up.

The bottom line is - the squad needs improving. Either he's reluctant to do it, or FSG are.

• Upvote 1

The squad is wafer-thin and semingly lacks quality. Klopp is paid to pick the team and motivate the players. He is responsible for overseeing training, tactics and substitutions. Consensus seems to be that the players look to have run out of steam and it's not yet February. The atmosphere is what it is and as you say, it's not going to change.

I'm sorry to say this but I honestly don't give a shit anymore. I got to the point a few years back when I realized it's all a load of bollocks and I was investing too much time in something I get fuck all back from. I haven't been to a home game in 5 years and I prob won't bother my hole either. Was debating going to the legends match the end of March but even then I might not bother. Too much money in the game and too many teenage vaginas playing the game. It's dead.

This stuff about the arl lads not cheering is bollocks.  Half of the stadium is obsessed with taking selfies and waving at their mates.  That's not us old cunts.  We sing like loons.  Look at all the old twats on here - Tokyo and that lot.  No-one is outsinging them. 

It's the daytrippers and the scals who are too cool to sing. 

• Upvote 1

It's a little bit of everything. The too cool for school brigade, once a season types who don't know the words, people dicking about with phones, long term season ticket holders who just want to watch and the match and can't be arsed to sing, the inability to carry on drinking once the game starts, etc.

Sorry but Jurgen can fuck off regarding the fans. It's not even a two way street as far as I'm concerned. The players are there to entertain the fans, they should lift the fans with their performances. £100k a week and you need someone earning £200 to motivate you ?

Fully understand it can be like a library sometimes but using the lack of fan support to cover up for are performances is wrong. Not the fans fault we have a wafer thin squad, not the fans fault we have average keepers, not our fault Moreno makes Joey Essex look bright, is it your fault Sturridge is a lazy malingerer ? I know it's not fucking mine. My interest is waining fast.

Give the manager money, spend it wisely, and give us a team worthy of the name. The odd spike aside this has gone on for a quarter of a century, we are a very rich club with huge support.

Make us ,don't milk us . Oh no doubt the fans expectations affect the players. Doesn't affect their wages. Fuck off.

• Upvote 6

teams playing expansive football scoring and conceding for fun usually finish 2nd. Well for the last 20 years anyway. Teams who are solid defensively, have a good threat upfront and on the bench can come first. There are a few teams in both the mentioned camps, us included.

The myth that the fans want exciting footy all the time is just that, a myth. Most will settle for dour wins and a league trophy.

Next season, go 4231, 2 holding players and don't over commit, stay patient. Spend on attacking players so you have a threat from the bench if it's not going well. Maybe I'm talking shite, I'm definitely fucking fed up.

Sat next to my Dad for years and we are both very vocal. I'm 49 he's 68. I'm cool enough to not care what others think and pay enough I don't care what others think. Don't see any point going if you're going to be passive and cannot understand the day trippers who don't get involved. Might be their only visit per season. Enjoy it. Players should never need motivating however when they're on the pitch. Motivate them with performance related pay. Imagine. Sturridge might break into a sweat, or break.

The thing is, mate, not everyone enjoys things in the same way. Some people enjoy singing and shouting at the match, others don't. I sang when I used to go, but my Dad, who is 69, has never sang.

Each to their own but it cannot be bracketed can it. It's not all old fellas like it's not all the scalls who don't sing. Klopp is wrong though on this. Those over paid pampered prima donnas are there to entertain. It was quiet at times when we were doing well this season too so was that the crowds fault.

Some won't murmur at all, some never did when we swept all before us. We had a good team then though, they done their job, needed the win bonus back then.

Each to their own but it cannot be bracketed can it. It's not all old fellas like it's not all the scalls who don't sing. Klopp is wrong though on this. Those over paid pampered prima donnas are there to entertain. It was quiet at times when we were doing well this season too so was that the crowds fault.

Some won't murmur at all, some never did when we swept all before us. We had a good team then though, they done their job, needed the win bonus back then.

Agreed.

This stuff about the arl lads not cheering is bollocks. Half of the stadium is obsessed with taking selfies and waving at their mates. That's not us old cunts. We sing like loons. Look at all the old twats on here - Tokyo and that lot. No-one is outsinging them.

It's the daytrippers and the scals who are too cool to sing.

So it's Turdseye's fault? I fucking knew fit.

• Upvote 1