You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp interview / press conference thread

Arl arse

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp admits it feels “sh*t” to lose a cup final but has told fans not to worry as they will improve next season. The Reds lost in a penalty shoot-out after drawing 1-1 with Manchester City at Wembley. Klopp clearly needs to make changes in the summer, but said on Sunday night: “You have to feel a defeat. You cannot say ‘I don’t care, it’s not important’. “If I was allowed to say sh*t I would say sh*t but I’m not allowed! It was important and we lost, so that feels not too good. “You always have to strike back. We can say all of these things, but you know you can fall down and then you have to stand up. “That’s the truth, but it’s completely normal – only silly idiots stay on the floor and wait for the next defeat.

Of course we will strike back – 100 percent. We struck back today in the game. “But for this and the next time we are in a final, you have to feel how it is when you lose. “It’s really not the best moment, but that is all. “Tomorrow morning we can change everything, but now we can change nothing. That’s the big difference. “But don’t worry, we will go on, we will get better and that’s how it is. We have to go the hard way—that’s how it is. “Nothing is easy in this moment, but we can see if we carry on working really hard then there is new light at the end of the tunnel. “Tonight we feel rubbish – sh*t.”

• Upvote 2

At Melwood for Klopp's press conference ahead of PL clash with Man City. Updates to follow..... #LFC

Klopp: "We don't train until 5pm today. It doesn't look like Lucas will be available. Has a problem with his muscle."

Klopp: "I don't know about Mama (Sakho) yet. We had to make a decision on the sidelines. Sturridge had cramp."

Klopp says that Lucas got injured missing a penalty in the shootout

Klopp: "We have to think about a lot of things (for the summer). We work the whole day. We have to plan for the future."

Klopp: "I don;t know who title favourites are. Man City are still in the race for sure. Title race isn't that interesting for us."

Klopp: "Analysing the game, it showed we are capable of really good things. 60% possession, a lot of good moments against a good City team."

Klopp: "We can't change what happened on Sun by winning on Wed but we have to show that we are ready again. Long way to go this season."

Klopp; "We did a lot of good things, just not enough. We proved we are strong. Now we need to do this tomorrow."

Klopp on Flanagan contract: "Of course we are thinking about it. Best news is that Flanno is back. After long time you have to be careful."

Klopp on Flanagan: "Hopefully at the end we can find a positive solution for both sides."

Klopp: "It's about who is fit enough to go into what will be a really intensive games for both sides. It will be best line up we can."

Klopp: "I can't make a final judgement on a players just because it was a final. I can't say 'I can trust him, I can't trust him.'

Klopp: "We only lost on penalties. I always learn about my players but not just on Sunday because it was a final."

Klopp on Mignolet: "I'm not sure if it was a mistake, but it was not perfect. He's had lot of good games - a good boy with big personality."

Klopp on Mignolet: "Together we have to handle this situation. He's had lot of good games - he is a good boy with big personality."

• Upvote 2