You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs away 17/10/15

Jim MM

I think you're being unrealistic moof. There hasn't been time to instigate massive improvement. Perhaps by the beginning of next season we might see massive improvement.

The first thing he's gonna do is make sure the defence is organised and everyone's roles are clearly defined. That's a massive improvement, to me.

• Upvote 2

The first thing he's gonna do is make sure the defence is organised and everyone's roles are clearly defined. That's a massive improvement, to me.

That shit ain't gonna happen overnight.  Our defence has licked balls since Rafa left, there is no quick fix for that.  Stringy probably isn't too far off in saying next season before we see a big improvement.  In the meantime hopefully the individual errors on a regular basis will be sorted and we'll start to see gradual improvement in the defence as a whole.

The injuries have dampened my enthusiasm a bit, especially being away to a difficult team. Would have loved to see Klopp start his career at the club by having Henderson, Benteke, Gomez, Ings, and Firmino available for the first game. If Klopp pulls off the win, I'm backing us for the title.

Not expecting immediate fireworks myself with the international break, injuries and upcoming midweek Europa and Carling Cup games. Plus we have a really tough run of league games coming up.(Spurs (A), Southampton (H), Chelsea (A), Palace (H), City (A)). Really not the best time for a manager to come in and implement his ideas. We will probably see some snippets of the compact pressing and direct quick interchanges in possession, but it will probably take a couple of months till we can see it carried out over a full ninety minutes. That said, if we can nick some results here and there and stay within touching distance of the table toppers after that run of games, I reckon we could even have a go at the title, but that's a big if.

One thing we are definitely entitled to expect though is an immediate change in the mentality and attitude of the players. If they can't get up their games with a new manager like Klopp coming in, then they don't deserve to be here. But, I'm convinced we will at least see a change in attitude tomorrow.