You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp Kopped.

thompsonsnose

Klopp is nailed on to be our next manager and what we can expect is a 4-3-3-1 system built on a high defensive line, an ultra-aggressive pressing game, a focus on direct vertical passes, and a lot more injuries. 

In the short term we are likely to struggle to implement Klopp's preferred tactics due to the marked difference in the way our last manager set out to manage the squads' fitness over the season. Brendan adopted a training periodization approach in order to ensure that we 'peaked' in the post Christmas period. Klopp tends to opt for an intense pre-season so that his players are extremely fit from the get go, which is an obvious problem with the squad he will inherit. This issue is going to be compounded by the fact that we have a very full schedule with Europe and cup games so it will be difficult to ratchet up the intensity mid-season. His 'gegenpressing' style may be some way off. 

In terms of personnel, our squad is reasonably well equipped to fit into Klopp's traditional tactical shape but there are a few obvious areas of major concern. There is a strong emphasis on his centre-backs being able to hold a high line and play accurate diagonal and vertical passes - Sakho is ideal but Skrtel and Lovren certainly are not. This is definitely something we will look to address. 

In midfield, Klopp generally uses two holding players; a ball winner and a deep lying playmaker. We do not currently have anybody in our squad who dictates the tempo of play in the manner that Sahin / Gundogan do for Dortmund so we are likely to look for somebody who fits the bill sooner rather than later. A box to box ball winner probably won't be too far behind although perhaps Henderson or Can can be molded to do this. 

Further forward, Coutinho is likely to be deployed wide left (with Lalanna deputising), Sturridge or Benteke will be the loan striker, Firmino will tuck in behind as a second striker / attacking midfielder and a combination of Milner, Ings and possibly Sturridge will likely see game time on the right. None of these look to be bad fits although a pacier wide option will probably be on the shopping list.

We will have to give Klopp time to convey his ideas and get the squad to where they physically need to be to play his football. It will be interesting to see how pragmatic he will be in the interim. 

• Upvote 3

Klopp is nailed on to be our next manager and what we can expect is a 4-3-3-1 system built on a high defensive line, an ultra-aggressive pressing game, a focus on direct vertical passes, and a lot more injuries. 

In the short term we are likely to struggle to implement Klopp's preferred tactics due to the marked difference in the way our last manager set out to manage the squads' fitness over the season. Brendan adopted a training periodization approach in order to ensure that we 'peaked' in the post Christmas period. Klopp tends to opt for an intense pre-season so that his players are extremely fit from the get go, which is an obvious problem with the squad he will inherit. This issue is going to be compounded by the fact that we have a very full schedule with Europe and cup games so it will be difficult to ratchet up the intensity mid-season. His 'gegenpressing' style may be some way off. 

In terms of personnel, our squad is reasonably well equipped to fit into Klopp's traditional tactical shape but there are a few obvious areas of major concern. There is a strong emphasis on his centre-backs being able to hold a high line and play accurate diagonal and vertical passes - Sakho is ideal but Skrtel and Lovren certainly are not. This is definitely something we will look to address. 

In midfield, Klopp generally uses two holding players; a ball winner and a deep lying playmaker. We do not currently have anybody in our squad who dictates the tempo of play in the manner that Sahin / Gundogan do for Dortmund so we are likely to look for somebody who fits the bill sooner rather than later. A box to box ball winner probably won't be too far behind although perhaps Henderson or Can can be molded to do this. 

Further forward, Coutinho is likely to be deployed wide left (with Lalanna deputising), Sturridge or Benteke will be the loan striker, Firmino will tuck in behind as a second striker / attacking midfielder and a combination of Milner, Ings and possibly Sturridge will likely see game time on the right. None of these look to be bad fits although a pacier wide option will probably be on the shopping list.

We will have to give Klopp time to convey his ideas and get the squad to where they physically need to be to play his football. It will be interesting to see how pragmatic he will be in the interim. 

Surely, on this level there is double peaking periodization which means we can have to peaks and can mantain our "form" on sub-maximal level for a prolonged time. In terms of physical preparation.

Other than that, I'd add that he'd probably be looking to get a better GK who can pass more accurately than Ming.

Other than that I'd expect him to start (if he does take over) in the lines of:

Ming

Clyne-Skrtel-Sakho-Moreno

Lucas-Can

Milner-Firmino-Coutinho

Sturridge

Or something like that? The weak links obviously in a midfield, exepct if Can can show some real ability.

One striker to play out of Sturridge, Benteke, Ings and Origi would be interesting.

I think he will play 4-4-2, with narrow wide midfielders.

Klopp is nailed on to be our next manager 

Not wishing to piss on your chips but BBC reports ...

"

Liverpool's American owners Fenway Sports Group have no plans to travel to the UK and, at this stage, plan to oversee the recruitment process from the United States."

What could possibly go wrong ?

8458487672_85dcdb46ec.jpg

• Upvote 1

I questioned Klopp last season and highlighted mistakes he made which were similar to mistakes BR made.As everyone knows I rated BR highly and I was not trying to say Klopp was shit, my point was a top manager was struggling so it's understandable a young manager learning could have the same problems.

He's the best man for the job and I sincerely hope the club don't fuck this up and appoint someone else.Ancellotti would fail miserably here imo, he's used of working with the strongest players and richest team in the league.

I look forward to Klopp coming in and am excited to see what he can do here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Downvote 3

"

Liverpool's American owners Fenway Sports Group have no plans to travel to the UK and, at this stage, plan to oversee the recruitment process from the United States."

All the newspapers were briefed with the same lines, the timing is very deliberate, and Klopp has refused to distance himself from the rumours (as he did with Gladbach and other suitors). I will be absolutely stunned if this is not a fait accompli. A bit of stagecraft on the club's behalf to avoid suggestions that they went behind the incumbent's back. 

• Upvote 2

Surely, on this level there is double peaking periodization which means we can have to peaks and can mantain our "form" on sub-maximal level for a prolonged time. In terms of physical preparation.

Other than that, I'd add that he'd probably be looking to get a better GK who can pass more accurately than Ming.

Other than that I'd expect him to start (if he does take over) in the lines of:

Ming

Clyne-Skrtel-Sakho-Moreno

Lucas-Can

Milner-Firmino-Coutinho

Sturridge

Or something like that? The weak links obviously in a midfield, exepct if Can can show some real ability.

I agree with you about double peaking being possible - I'm nearly doing that myself with the prospect of Klopp's appointment! I just think it will take the squad a bit of time to get to the optimum physical condition for gegenpressing. Maybe the answer is splitting the squad into two teams and building them up on an alternate basis for now. 

"

They could change their minds and send a load of yanks to seal the deal?

• Upvote 1

I agree with you about double peaking being possible - I'm nearly doing that myself with the prospect of Klopp's appointment! I just think it will take the squad a bit of time to get to the optimum physical condition for gegenpressing. Maybe the answer is splitting the squad into two teams and building them up on an alternate basis for now.

I've been reading about Klopp the last couple of days and have heard about that gegenpressing.One concern I have is some have said Klopp struggled when teams worked out what he was doing, they would just sit back behind the ball and let Dortmund have the ball.We have struggled against teams that set up like that for a while, hopefully during Klopps break he has been thinking about a way to overcome that problem.

• Downvote 1

@GuillemBalague: I think Klopp is waiting for Bayern. That doesn't stop his ppl talking to LFC. I'd give it to McAllister and in the summer Roger Schmidt

bullshit_breaking_bad.gif

That was last night.  

This is what he said today:

@GuillemBalague: Klopp hoped Bayern would want him but been told they don't think he's the right guy and want Pep to stay. So Anfield beckons if all agreed

Its on! 

Well, hopefully this comes off although I have my doubts. I don't see him agreeing to work under this transfer committee. A yes-man like Rodgers is one thing but a proven winner and strong personality like Klopp is something else.

Are you Nightcat?

Well, hopefully this comes off although I have my doubts. I don't see him agreeing to work under this transfer committee. A yes-man like Rodgers is one thing but a proven winner and strong personality like Klopp is something else.

Watch the video I posted a couple of pages back, the decisions at Dortmund were made by 3 people including Klopp.He said there has been occasions where people were out voted 2-1 and the one who wasn't happy had to go along with it.

• Downvote 1