You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp Kopped.

thompsonsnose

I don't think we have the right players for the system Klopp wants and I find it strange how he has persisted with it for so long. In his defence(no,not that shambles) is it possible that due to budget restrictions he has decided that the best form of defence is attack? Seems both of these circumstances have some merit.

I find it hard to believe that there's a group of players capable of playing this system successfully in this league.

Goalkeeper needs to sweep.

Full backs need to be athletic freaks with great delivery.

Centre backs need to be very quick and great passers.

Midfield need to be olympic marathon runners, and wade in with tackles and 7+ goals a season.

Forwards need to get 20 goals each per season, have great stamina and amazing pace.

Not only do we need 11 players to fill this order, but a further 8 or 9 players of the same level as back-up.  IN addition to this, they need the mindset to win, to battle.

In my opinion, of the 20 players we need for this system, we have:

Trent

Moreno (don't laugh)

(+ perhaps Milner and Robertson)

Sakho (ish)

Lallana

Wijnaldum

Salah

Mane

Solanke

I think everyone else has deficiencies in their positions, be it pace, or character, or stamina, or end product. 

• Downvote 1

I was told on this forum that Wijnaldum is a better player than Matic.

Matic is finished they said.

Did nothing last season they said.

Pogba - overrated.

Lukaku - overpriced lump.

Zlatan - past it

Mourinho - busted flush

That lot are a pacy winger away from having a hell of a side. They've got a great spine, DeGea, Bailly, Matic, Pogba & Lukaku are all miles better than what we have in similar positions.

• Upvote 1

We are only competing because our team mentality is far better than our individual players,although this hasnt been helped recently. We are only a couple of signings away from challenging and they dont have to be ridiculously expensive,just the right fit for the team. A DM is really a must for us and Klopp's refusal to buy one could ultimately cost him his job. If our defence is expected to be as isolated as it is then a DM is vital.

We are only competing because our team mentality is far better than our individual players,although this hasnt been helped recently. We are only a couple of signings away from challenging and they dont have to be ridiculously expensive,just the right fit for the team. A DM is really a must for us and Klopp's refusal to buy one could ultimately cost him his job. If our defence is expected to be as isolated as it is then a DM is vital.

Which will enrage everyone when William Carvalho moves to West Ham.

• 1 year later...
On 05/10/2015 at 23:00, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

From the looks of it, this has been a done deal for a while.

Welcome Jurgen. I'm fucking made up. Exciting times ahead. Fair play to FSG as well. I didn't think they could pull it off.

yea-fuck-yea.gif

Good call.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 05/10/2015 at 23:12, moof said:

@GuillemBalague: I think Klopp is waiting for Bayern. That doesn't stop his ppl talking to LFC. I'd give it to McAllister and in the summer Roger Schmidt

On 05/10/2015 at 23:56, Gym Beglin said:

I love Klopp, but unless he can play CB then we've still got problems.

Don’t worry about it, mate. I suspect he will pop up with a cheapo bargain from a lower league club that will become the best young centre back in the world. He might even have enough to buy a top player, too. Probably turn him into the best centre back in the world. You know what Klopp’s like. 

On 06/10/2015 at 09:40, El Rojo said:

He'll have our Deutsche/Brazilian Firmino ripping defences apart by Christmas. Mark meine Worten.

Agreed.

On 06/10/2015 at 10:35, Babb'sBurstNad said:

37db2e202fb10e4ed062919eba167105_bigger.indykaila News@indykaila

The best thing about Jürgen Klopp, he is a big fan

of our account. We are told he loves our updates.

Nice to hear... #LFC

Yeah. No doubt Klopp reads your tweets.

On 06/10/2015 at 12:33, Jairzinho said:

Can Firmino play on the right?

Moreno/Milner gives much more balance on the left, and gets Coutinho into his best position.

Listen, Bozo. Klopp will play Firmino through the middle in a 4-3-3. Get used to it. 

On 06/10/2015 at 12:35, aRdja said:

One striker to play out of Sturridge, Benteke, Ings and Origi would be interesting.

I think he will play 4-4-2, with narrow wide midfielders.

K. 

54 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

Anybody got that smint video? Hopefully some fucker has downloaded that for when society collapses and there's no internet. That video is the first thing I'd give to aliens in a First Contact scenario.  

• Upvote 3

On 19/01/2016 at 10:09, Em City said:

You don't win derbies with donkeys, it's going to take Klopp a long time to clear out the shit we've been left with.

You can say we're five times European champions all you like but that was 11 years ago and whatever practical legacy from that win has now disappeared. Every player from that team is gone and we don't have a single world-class player for the first time in decades. Notts Forest have two European Cups but that doesn't help them beat the likes of Huddersfield every week. Villa have more than Arsenal, yet one is top of the league and the other is rock bottom and heading down.

Klopp is the right man for the job, he has the pedigree and experience in turning this kind of thing around and we have to be patient and suffer a lot more embarrassments before it's get better. When Bob Paisley was asked what the secret to his success was, he replied "It's simple, good players." That's coming from the greatest there's ever been so I think you can think you can take that to the bank. We just don't have the players and we certainly don't have anything resembling balance.

In short, we and the club have to give Klopp all the time and backing that can be mustered; because if he can't turn this omnishambles around, we'll be watching our Istanbul DVDs with painful nostalgia for a long, long time.

How far we've come in just 4 years.

We can finally give those Istanbul videos a break.

On 15/08/2017 at 11:16, Gym Beglin said:

I find it hard to believe that there's a group of players capable of playing this system successfully in this league.

Goalkeeper needs to sweep.

Full backs need to be athletic freaks with great delivery.

Centre backs need to be very quick and great passers.

Midfield need to be olympic marathon runners, and wade in with tackles and 7+ goals a season.

Forwards need to get 20 goals each per season, have great stamina and amazing pace.

Not only do we need 11 players to fill this order, but a further 8 or 9 players of the same level as back-up.  IN addition to this, they need the mindset to win, to battle.

In my opinion, of the 20 players we need for this system, we have:

Trent

Moreno (don't laugh)

(+ perhaps Milner and Robertson)

Sakho (ish)

Lallana

Wijnaldum

Salah

Mane

Solanke

I think everyone else has deficiencies in their positions, be it pace, or character, or stamina, or end product. 

That was quite an interesting post in retrospect. Certainly right about the high demands of Klopp's system. 

On 06/10/2015 at 00:06, an tha said:

Keep hearing and reading people comparing us and Dortmund especially in terms of the fans and the atmosphere.

Klopp is going to be very disappointed when he realises Anfield is virtually silent most of the time.

Oh ye of little faith!!

• Upvote 1