You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp Kopped.

thompsonsnose

And he sends an ultra defensive team out. I can tell you what will happen. people will say why are we playing defensive against these?

And if we conceed a goal, why's he not got any strikers in the team?

Yeah you're not wrong but if it at least stops us conceding from every attack the opposition throws at us it'd be something to build on.

As it stands its far too easy for teams to hit us on the break. Everytime its a goal

People keep banging on about personnel but surely tactically doing something as basic as going ultra defensive and putting people behind the ball would at least be a start.

Genuinely, everyone we have is shite so we'd still concede anyway. Inviting teams to attack our defence is madness due to their utter incompetence mate. Jimmy is spot on (rep owed mate) as well. We're fucked as the squad is so unbalanced and this has been exacerbated by our injuries/shit players. Leicester scored a worldly and got some luck tonight. We weren't poor (in isolation), simply toothless.

No harm but we were far from ultra defensive against stoke.

Absolutely were in the first half until that goal forced Klopp's hand, we let them have the ball and played on the break.   Ended the first half with a stupidly low possesion stat.

I wouldn't be interested in watching that every week, nor would it be anywhere near a succesful way of playing

Genuinely, everyone we have is shite so we'd still concede anyway. Inviting teams to attack our defence is madness due to their utter incompetence mate. Jimmy is spot on (rep owed mate) as well. We're fucked as the squad is so unbalanced and this has been exacerbated by our injuries/shit players.

Personally I think its madness for us to continue as is game in game out. Unless of course sturridge magically reappears. At least then we'll have a spearhead who will tie our way of playing together and get on the end of a few chances. Right now though we are toothless up front and leaving ourselves exposed all the time because every move breaks down and gives the opposition a ready made counter attack. Couple that with set pieces and we are going to lose a lot more games

As much as I think JP / Brendan is full of shit, he does have a point! Klopp has to take responsibility for the teams that get sent out, and the tactics or lack of them.

How long do we keep saying it's all Rodgers fault before it starts getting like the Tories saying Labour maxed out the credit card?

Yep weirdly enough I'm also somewhat with JP on this one. We may not be a team transformed but it would help if Klopp changed the record, switched things up and tried something new instead of us repeatedly bashing our head off the wall and expecting different results. A recognisable plan would help.

He doesn't appear to be doing that, and that is a failure on his part.

• Upvote 1

As much as I think JP / Brendan is full of shit, he does have a point! Klopp has to take responsibility for the teams that get sent out, and the tactics or lack of them.

How long do we keep saying it's all Rodgers fault before it starts getting like the Tories saying Labour maxed out the credit card?

For the rest of the season at the least. If we're still saying similar this time next year after some squad turnover then perhaps I'll see your point but for now the only people Klopp has brought in are Steven Caulker on loan who's likely a stop gap at best (but given his performance against West Ham could well end up being bought if he takes his chances like that) and a young midfielder who's been compared to the likes of Paul Pogba but hasn't yet pulled on a Liverpool shirt so no one really knows what he'll bring to the table. Him wanting to stay at Red Star to win the league speaks of a kid who wants to win things so for me that's not a downside as much as I'd like to see what he could do now given the current state of our midfield (full of pussies and morons besides Lucas who needs a set of bionic legs almost as much as Sturridge does, but at least he stays fit).

We've got one fit striker who's devoid of any confidence (much to his own doing I must admit) and doesn't really seem to fit the way Klopp wants us to play NOR the way we played under the manager who signed him. Rodgers didn't have much time with Origi but given what I had seen at the beginning of this season the kid has shown more promise in his short time under Klopp. That coupled with Rodgers treating of Markovic last season where he barely played and when he did was usually out of position makes me think we'd be seeing Origi at wingback by now if Rodgers was still here unless of course the kid was getting injured either way. Ings looked to have bought in as well before he took an arrow to the knee. Firmino and Lovren have both looked better under Klopp as well so of our summer signings/returnees and one player who's been here we've got 2 out of 3 performing. I thought Clyne was solid before Rodgers got sacked so I'll leave him out.

The only player who looks to have regressed under Klopp for me was Coutinho but is that down to injuries whether to man himself or to the players he's supposed to be feeding the ball to? I'm not sure honestly, we'll have to see when he's fit. Other than a couple of good goals early in the season he wasn't exactly setting the world alight when Brendan was here either. Sturridge has remained the same, a player who's amazingly talented but never seems to find his way on to the pitch because something is always hurting him. I say fair enough, listen to your body and collect your check for doing nothing but don't be surprised if you find yourself sold to a mid-table or lower club who won't be winning anything anytime soon. If he runs out his contract as is his right he'll miss out on England caps (which I know very few of us give a shit about anyway) and likely only be offered a relatively low wage or a pay as you play deal from anyone worth moving too.

Tactically Klopp I don't think he's done much wrong with the options he has. Right now we have a team full of complimentary pieces but no one for them to compliment.

• Upvote 5

I think we should remember that we have had the second worst injury record in the league and we have played the most fixtures of any team in Europe this season. That's without mentioning the average and unbalanced squad Klopp has to try do something with and the fact that we didn't invest in January. The squad is tired, bare and shit

I've been a little disapointed with our defensive play and some of his decisions but there are so many impediments he has to deal with that I can't expect him to really do anything yet.

• Upvote 2

For the rest of the season at the least. If we're still saying similar this time next year after some squad turnover then perhaps I'll see your point but for now the only people Klopp has brought in are Steven Caulker on loan who's likely a stop gap at best (but given his performance against West Ham could well end up being bought if he takes his chances like that) and a young midfielder who's been compared to the likes of Paul Pogba but hasn't yet pulled on a Liverpool shirt so no one really knows what he'll bring to the table. Him wanting to stay at Red Star to win the league speaks of a kid who wants to win things so for me that's not a downside as much as I'd like to see what he could do now given the current state of our midfield (full of pussies and morons besides Lucas who needs a set of bionic legs almost as much as Sturridge does, but at least he stays fit).

We've got one fit striker who's devoid of any confidence (much to his own doing I must admit) and doesn't really seem to fit the way Klopp wants us to play NOR the way we played under the manager who signed him. Rodgers didn't have much time with Origi but given what I had seen at the beginning of this season the kid has shown more promise in his short time under Klopp. That coupled with Rodgers treating of Markovic last season where he barely played and when he did was usually out of position makes me think we'd be seeing Origi at wingback by now if Rodgers was still here unless of course the kid was getting injured either way. Ings looked to have bought in as well before he took an arrow to the knee. Firmino and Lovren have both looked better under Klopp as well so of our summer signings/returnees and one player who's been here we've got 2 out of 3 performing. I thought Clyne was solid before Rodgers got sacked so I'll leave him out.

The only player who looks to have regressed under Klopp for me was Coutinho but is that down to injuries whether to man himself or to the players he's supposed to be feeding the ball to? I'm not sure honestly, we'll have to see when he's fit. Other than a couple of good goals early in the season he wasn't exactly setting the world alight when Brendan was here either. Sturridge has remained the same, a player who's amazingly talented but never seems to find his way on to the pitch because something is always hurting him. I say fair enough, listen to your body and collect your check for doing nothing but don't be surprised if you find yourself sold to a mid-table or lower club who won't be winning anything anytime soon. If he runs out his contract as is his right he'll miss out on England caps (which I know very few of us give a shit about anyway) and likely only be offered a relatively low wage or a pay as you play deal from anyone worth moving too.

Tactically Klopp I don't think he's done much wrong with the options he has. Right now we have a team full of complimentary pieces but no one for them to compliment.

Spot on for me that.

I think we all expected a little bit more from Klopp at this stage but he's not been helped by almost constant games and a huge injury crisis. 

Throw in the fact that half the team are fucking shit and you have a recipe for disaster. 

My one complaint of the manager would be that we keep trying to do the same thing with the same players every week and expect different results. 

Ojo, Kent, Teixeira might not be as good as a Milner of Lallana at this moment in time, but they offer different options and fresh ideas. I can't understand why Klopp isn't being more ruthless with certain players. 

• Upvote 1

I agree with all those who say we can't really judge Klopp until at least next season but I would really like to see Smith, Ojo and Brannagan given a chance more. I think the youngsters in the cup games have looked a better unit than our so called stars.

I did think that myself towards the end of last season, I started it knowing it was going to be a bad one and thought to myself no matter what happens I don't want the manager sacked.I tried to show others the light but I think it went the opposite way and worked against the manager with some on here as some didn't want to accept what I was saying was right.

Without being arrogant I'm fairly sure I've been right about 80-90% of the time the last two years, some just want to take the piss and make out what I say is wrong whole others are being sheep.Even when I say something that is 100% right it's just the same old replies because people want to follow the crowd.

The players could learn something from your commitment to trolling this forum.
  • Upvote 5

There's not a great deal wrong with that article. It's not too much to hope for a "new manager bounce". And it's not an act of unspeakable blasphemy to grumble when the new manager isn't getting the best out of his (admittedly limited and injury-depleted) squad.

We have seen all of these players perform better, either for Liverpool or for their previous clubs. I was hoping to see a few of them turn their form around under the new boss. I think Joe Allen is the only one who has done that. Obviously, the main responsibility for this lies with the individual players, but it's the manager's job (between transfer windows ) to get the best performances from the players available.

I don't get this notion that Klopp must be held exempt from criticism until every last Rodgers signing has been cleared out. He was brought in, in the short term, to work with these players. League performances and results are as bad as they were. So, yeah, I'm disappointed and I want more.

• Upvote 3

I think Klopp has quite rightly given up on the league and is focussing on the cups. That's why he plays the kids in them. The twats turning up in the league games are losers.

Can we "quite rightly" give up on paying for tickets (or paying the players' and manager's wages) for the league games?
  • Upvote 1

Not one player deserves to be accepted as an established first teamer they haven't earnt it. From now on klopp has to mix it up play the likes of smith and Ojo or whoever because the so called stars are fucking atrocious. Our first choice midfield is the shittest of all time. We hung out hope on mediocre players.

It'll be interesting to see the team for Sunderland, as I'd hope the priority between that game and the FA Cup replay would be the latter.  

Klopp is a top manager and will do better. A cup final already is no bad thing.

Its been said that due to the sheer amount of games he cannot do more than a few tactical sessions. I thought we were in charge of the game for long periods but without a goal threat we are fucked. A fit Origi and even Ings would make a massive difference to us but lets not kid ourselves this squad is pretty awful,on balance or imbalance should I say.

Klopp is a top manager and will do better. A cup final already is no bad thing.

Its been said that due to the sheer amount of games he cannot do more than a few tactical sessions. I thought we were in charge of the game for long periods but without a goal threat we are fucked. A fit Origi and even Ings would make a massive difference to us but lets not kid ourselves this squad is pretty awful,on balance or imbalance should I say.

I'd agree with that.  These guys are professional football players, and they do as they are told to do.  However, they can only absorb so much.  

Right now we seem to run a lot, but with little purposeful movement.  There are no drilled patterns of play, players crowd the same spaces, and have to look for the pass rather than know the pass.  You cannot change from A to Z just like that.  But then again it has also been written that most of the training is spent on tactics, as heavier physical training would be too much with all the matches right now.

Again, I'd like to see a style of play, I don't mind which, but a clear understanding by the players of the manager's instruction.  Decision making comes from repetition and everyone understanding and carrying out their roles.   Just look at Leicester.  We knew exactly how they would play, thus the short corners.  They played their way regardless, a long pass to (or more towards) a fast striker, he scored.  

We do not seem to have our way right now.  I don't want to apportion blame, it's kind of pointless right now.  It's up to Klopp to fix things, to find the solution, that much is clear.

Despite what people think, he's got limited resources available. He cant pitch the young lads in every week because they'll be fucked.Then he's got a load of fucked young lads for the cups.

He'll also decimate the U21 side by using those players and even if it can be argued that the first team is the priority, there's nothing to say playing them would improve results.

We've got some key players out injured, there's just no getting away from that.

We'll have less of your sensible reason and common sense round here, thanks very much.

There's not a great deal wrong with that article. It's not too much to hope for a "new manager bounce". And it's not an act of unspeakable blasphemy to grumble when the new manager isn't getting the best out of his (admittedly limited and injury-depleted) squad.

We have seen all of these players perform better, either for Liverpool or for their previous clubs. I was hoping to see a few of them turn their form around under the new boss. I think Joe Allen is the only one who has done that. Obviously, the main responsibility for this lies with the individual players, but it's the manager's job (between transfer windows ) to get the best performances from the players available.

I don't get this notion that Klopp must be held exempt from criticism until every last Rodgers signing has been cleared out. He was brought in, in the short term, to work with these players. League performances and results are as bad as they were. So, yeah, I'm disappointed and I want more.

The problem with that article isn't that it's critical. It's that it's unbelievably snarky. "Less Grinning More Winning" I mean  come on. He also completely dismisses the fact that he's already managed us to a cup final, something his predecessor couldn't do in 3 years.

Tony Evans regularly write's context-less, flagrant bullshit to make himself seem like he's the only one who truly understands the "problems" at hand, and this article is no different.

It's basically a shitty hot take. "There's no consistency in the play", well maybe if half the team wasn't out injured there could be some consistency. "It is no excuse to say that this isn't Klopp's squad", why isn't that an excuse, these players failed the previous manager as well?