You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I will never forgive him for selling Reina and bringing Mignolet and Lovren to the club. Let him off on Moreno as I think that was the committee.

Rodgers fully understands average and the clubs he plundered players from were definitely full of bang average players. At least the ones he seemed to see.

After all, Sadio Mane came from the same club as Lovren and it's like he didn't notice him at all.

We're just lacking that wee bit of being bang average. Oh no we're not, it's still here. Let me out!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Loosing 12-1 to one of the tpp 4 or 5 sides in Europe with what is a side no better than a Championship side. Not really a shock.

They lost 5-1 to Bayern over two legs.

Not great but far better than Arsenal managed

Im no big Rodgers fan but what do people expect

• 2 weeks later...

Listen Hades you stupid jumped up little bastard. Rodgers was one game away from having a fucking statue outside the Kop. He built a brilliant team and had us playing the best football we had played since 1991. He might have had Suarez but a manager still has to get the best out of his players. Look at the performances he got from the likes of Sturridge, Sterling, Henderson, even Flanagan. We were a fucking force back then and I managed to take in a good few away games during that 2nd half of the season run. Trust me, it was fucking party time going to other grounds and watching us dismantle them. Show some fucking respect.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Listen Hades you stupid jumped up little bastard. Rodgers was one game away from having a fucking statue outside the Kop. He built a brilliant team and had us playing the best football we had played since 1991. He might have had Suarez but a manager still has to get the best out of his players. Look at the performances he got from the likes of Sturridge, Sterling, Henderson, even Flanagan. We were a fucking force back then and I managed to take in a good few away games during that 2nd half of the season run. Trust me, it was fucking party time going to other grounds and watching us dismantle them. Show some fucking respect.

He’s not a bad manager so don’t get me wrong but I think that was genuinely 80% down to Suarez lifting all around him to levels they never achieved before with Rodgers or after with Rodgers or Klopp. That season was an exception not the norm, he had a very good season season that year sandwiched between two underwhelming ones. I hope he gets a decent crack at the Premier League again after he leaves Celtic and does well but he was hugely aided by a maniac season from a crazy Uruguayan.