You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sopranos or Game of thrones?

Dave D

Why not both. It's chalk and cheese you can't really compare them as to what's better. i love sopranos and thrones equally fuck the heirarchy of enjoyment. i love custard, I love gravy, both have their place.

I'll eventually get to both.

Just takes me forever to watch a series of anything.

3yr old and 5yr old currently watch Charlie and the chocolate factory on loop (original version of course)

Before we had kids Sunday afternoons were box set City.

Appreciate everyones feedback, will be commences much Soprano watching pronto

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Tough one. I've watched both multiple times. If I had to watch one right now, it'd be GoT. I love The Sopranos, and I won't stop.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Why not both. It's chalk and cheese you can't really compare them as to what's better. i love sopranos and thrones equally fuck the heirarchy of enjoyment. i love custard, I love gravy, both have their place.

Forget what I said, just this.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched series 1-4 of GOT in about two half days. Great series,still behind the wire and sopranos though. Just started Sons of Anarchy now. Seen seasons 1-4 before but starting at the begging again. Season 2 now with Henry Rollins playing Weston. It was great the first few seasons but i hear it went a bit ott later on.

• 1 year later...

Well....

After posing the question I tried Sopranos and got to start of season 3 and lost interest- thought it was a bit slow at times.

Moved on to Game of Thrones- Fucking Brilliant- just finished Season 6.

So the question now, is where to head from here?  

Narcos

Breaking Bad

Sons Of Anarchy

Ive seen episodes of The Sopranos but never watched a full series. Someone mentioned Luther in another thread being a bit shit but I quite liked it. Couldn';t get into Better Call Saul but will revisit it. Same for Prison Break. 

Ive never seen an episode of Game of Thrones in my life. I had the box set but my ex took it when we split. Anyone know anywhere online I can see it for free? 

Narcos

Breaking Bad

Sons Of Anarchy

Ive seen episodes of The Sopranos but never watched a full series. Someone mentioned Luther in another thread being a bit shit but I quite liked it. Couldn';t get into Better Call Saul but will revisit it. Same for Prison Break. 

Ive never seen an episode of Game of Thrones in my life. I had the box set but my ex took it when we split. Anyone know anywhere online I can see it for free? 

I thought Prison break was good, people keep on about The Walking Dead and Peaky Blinders

I jibbed the Walking Dead after a couple of seasons. It was go into a convenience store - get attacked by zombies, go into a drugstore - get attacked by zombies. Every episode felt like the same shit repeating itself. Although i've heard it's picked up again now in the 6th and 7th seasons.

If you haven't seen the first series of True Detective then i'd strongly recommend that. But i speak to some people and they hate it, so it's a polarising thing. But that series with McConaughey and Harrelson as far as acting goes is untouchable. Can't go wrong with Breaking Bad.

I jibbed the Walking Dead after a couple of seasons. It was go into a convenience store - get attacked by zombies, go into a drugstore - get attacked by zombies. Every episode felt like the same shit repeating itself. Although i've heard it's picked up again now in the 6th and 7th seasons.

If you haven't seen the first series of True Detective then i'd strongly recommend that. But i speak to some people and they hate it, so it's a polarising thing. But that series with McConaughey and Harrelson as far as acting goes is untouchable. Can't go wrong with Breaking Bad.

Breaking Bad looks good.

Anybody seen The Blacklist? (James Spader)