Sign in to follow this  
Lee909

Elvis

30 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Greatest rock star in history.

He was a bona fide superstar, far more than a rock star. To think he achieved worldwide success without internet, advertising or music videos. And he also achieved it when lots of people were trying to ban him.

If anything, his achievements are underplayed.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

He was a bona fide superstar, far more than a rock star. To think he achieved worldwide success without internet, advertising or music videos. And he also achieved it when lots of people were trying to ban him.

Banning people is great for business.

28 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I'm pretty sure his music and films were advertised. The music videos point is also debatable.

Regardless, he was fucking brilliant.

3 hours ago, Mook said:

I'm pretty sure his music and films were advertised. The music videos point is also debatable.

Regardless, he was fucking brilliant.

From the beginning of his career? Certainly later but surely not in his early career. Music videos weren't around in the 1950s, surely?

He was tremendous.

4 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

From the beginning of his career? Certainly later but surely not in his early career. Music videos weren't around in the 1950s, surely?

He was tremendous.

I'm sure his concerts would've been advertised and his singles/albums in the music press at least.

The music videos point as I said is debatable, he was singing (maybe miming) songs on the telly early doors, which you could say is a primitive form of music video then you had things like the '68 Comeback Special, which was basically a feature length music video.