You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Elvis

Lee909

21 hours ago, Lee909 said:

I'd add far to much fame for somebody to deal with aswell to him ballooning up. 

Must be one of the first true world wide celebrities and dealing with that fame and it leaving you pretty much housebound can't help. Add that to a manager working you to the bone through most of your early 20s to mid 30s. 

Yep.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

What? He only had one of the greatest voices ever mate. 

He sounded great but its no confidence that he is the widest copied voice to perfection on the planet. Even I could do a convincing Elvis line. 

You want a good male singer? Steve Perry. Fuck me even Phil Collins has a better voice. 

• Downvote 2

Jesus Christ some shite being spouted here. He has one of the best and most distinctive voices in history. Even in his last few years, we'll over weight and drugged up and struggling to breath he could still belt out a tune. 

Thing is most of the performances you see he's half the time taking the piss and pushing everything past 100 just cause he can. Watch the comeback special it's full of him taking the piss. 

To get the best of his voice its best to hear his gospel songs when he was doing what he wanted not what Parker wanted him to

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

He sounded great but its no confidence that he is the widest copied voice to perfection on the planet. Even I could do a convincing Elvis line. 

You want a good male singer? Steve Perry. Fuck me even Phil Collins has a better voice. 

Fucking hell. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Fuck. ING. Hell. 

Negged. 

And sort your fucking autocorrect out. 

And record yourself singing like elvis. I guarantee you will regret it. 

And Phil Collins? 

You fucking pillowcase. 

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Its only the most copied because it's the most recognisable. 

9 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Stig’s on the rum don’t worry. 

He’ll be fucking ashamed of that comment later this morning. 

We're talking about a man who  idolised Oasis.

Nuff said , the big fuckin' dimwit

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Phil Collins,- Elvis  hmmmmm

Are the pubs back open?

"Then someone sat me down last night
And I heard Caruso sing
He's almost as good as Presley
And if I only do one thing
I'll sing songs to my father
I'll sing songs to my child
It's time to hold your loved ones
While the chains are loosed and the world
Runs wild"

Tracey Thorne and Ben watt