You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Frank De Boer

navbasi

While De Boer's methods and execution showed signs that this was a precocious coaching talent, the last two years of his career have shown his limitations, or at least that he has stagnated in his development.

It has become evident that he is still relying on the same ideas which saw him emerge as a future coaching star, regardless of how unsuited to it are the players at his disposal.

That's from an article talking about him this season, I've never rated him as winning that league with one of the two strongest teams is not a big acheivement.Hes hasn't done great in Europe either and said last season he would swap a league title for a place in the semis of he cl.

• Downvote 5

I agree Id want better but I would settle for and get behind him if it came, even if he fails the point is the owners would have come round to the fans by going for someone who has trophies at a big club who may go onto be a top manager rather than someone who had never managed a big club or won trophies its too much of a divide a gamble to work fsgs system is confusion and more likely to break and ruin an potential top manager than produce one out of endless nearlymen from curbishley on who brought a team up and played passing footy shock horror.

Someone id settle for is someone who can get us in the top four eg de boer, ideally we want someone who can, yes, god forbid consistently challenge in league for lfc, an ancellotti simeone, guardiola it depends on what we are willing to accept as fans in our negotiations with the owners who in truth i dont even think will sack rodgers even if the bitters smash four past our hapless team, without mike gordons sayso. Gordon needs to fuck off back to hedgefundland or expect only shit managers or deluded fools to sign up to work for these wankers.

I'd rather Klopp, but I'd be pretty happy with De Boer.

Not sure about his eye for talent, but I'd hope that we'd be looking to bring in a top DOF and bin off Ayre (at least from the football side) anyway.

Can't understand why some seem to be implying he's not any better than Rodgers.  4 league titles in a row, then finished second last year to a PSV side that were unbelievable at times, now he's got Ajax top of the league again.  What more do you want from him?  Any manager would have a difficult time getting Ajax out of the CL groups they've been drawn in, and winning the league four times in a row speaks for itself.

Like I said, if we have a chance for Klopp we have to make that move, but if we're talking about consolation prizes there are far worse options out there than De Boer.

• Upvote 6

I'd rather Klopp, but I'd be pretty happy with De Boer.

Not sure about his eye for talent, but I'd hope that we'd be looking to bring in a top DOF and bin off Ayre (at least from the football side) anyway.

Can't understand why some seem to be implying he's not any better than Rodgers.  4 league titles in a row, then finished second last year to a PSV side that were unbelievable at times, now he's got Ajax top of the league again.  What more do you want from him?  Any manager would have a difficult time getting Ajax out of the CL groups they've been drawn in, and winning the league four times in a row speaks for itself.

Like I said, if we have a chance for Klopp we have to make that move, but if we're talking about consolation prizes there are far worse options out there than De Boer.

Agree with this.

Whilst I agree that there should be no talk of De Boer until we get firm rejections from Klopp and Ancelotti, suggesting that De Boer hasn't achieved more than Rodgers is utter lunacy.

The guy won four consecutive Eredivisie, a feat that has never been achieved preciously. Not by Van Gaal, nor Hiddick, Rinus Michels, Cruyff, Koeman etc... All with a team that hadn't won a single trophy since 2004 when he took over. He was also assistant manager in that Dutch team that reached that 2010 world cup final, wasn't he?

And, one more thing he's got over Rodgers is that his team didn't fucking implode when Suarez left. In fact, it didn't have any impact at all as he went on to bag the title. Neither did the losses of Alderweireld, Eriksen, Vertonghen, Van Der Wiel etc... either for the record.

• Upvote 4

Whilst I agree that there should be no talk of De Boer until we get firm rejections from Klopp and Ancelotti, suggesting that De Boer hasn't achieved more than Rodgers is utter lunacy.

The guy won four consecutive Eredivisie, a feat that has never been achieved preciously. Not by Van Gaal, nor Hiddick, Rinus Michels, Cruyff, Koeman etc... All with a team that hadn't won a single trophy since 2004 when he took over. He was also assistant manager in that Dutch team that reached that 2010 world cup final, wasn't he?

And, one more thing he's got over Rodgers is that his team didn't fucking implode when Suarez left. In fact, it didn't have any impact at all as he went on to bag the title. Neither did the losses of Alderweireld, Eriksen, Vertonghen, Van Der Wiel etc... either for the record.

Plus, he mite have bought us Alderwield Eriksen, Vertonghen and Van der wiel.

Not Allen, Lambert, Lovren and Lallana

So what your saying is we have here a manager used to selling off his best players year in year out without grumbling too much.

Posted Image

• Upvote 4

Ajax managed a famous point at European heavyweights Molde FK (currently 7th in the league, 21 pts adrift of leaders RBK) on Thursday.

Winning the Dutch league with Ajax counts as much as winning the Scottish with Celtic or Swiss league with Basel in my book.

Unless we get someone guaranteed to be better (Ancelotti or Klopp) I'd be keeping things as they are.

• Upvote 2

Ajax managed a famous point at European heavyweights Molde FK (currently 7th in the league, 21 pts adrift of leaders RBK) on Thursday.

Winning the Dutch league with Ajax counts as much as winning the Scottish with Celtic or Swiss league with Basel in my book.

Unless we get someone guaranteed to be better (Ancelotti or Klopp) I'd be keeping things as they are.

Yeah but bet ajax dont have the seventh highest budget in europe his four leagues in a row trumps rodgers record.

Don't agree Lebron.

My reasons are outlined below:

1. De Boer was a top level player, and as such I think our players are more likely to be receptive to a manager with that sort of background.

2. He was a fantastic defender, and so you would assume he wouldn't be accepting any of the defensive shit we've been served up, and would have a good idea about how to rectify it.

3. He would bring a good pedigree in terms of aligning youth development with the first team. Not only from his time managing Ajax, but also having been a product himself of their academy.

4. Anyone can win 1 title in Holland, see McLaren, but to win all those titles in a row indicates he sets very high professional standards for himself and his players. He's a natural winner.

He is, in Twins terms, the Arnold Schwarzenegger to Hodgers Danny DeVito.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

We clearly haven't if the sources saying Klopp wants to manage us are true. It's just the choice the owners make

He wants the job on terms the owners wont be offering, without united fan pressure on the owners that wont change and i dont think our fanbase has the appetitte for it they want a quick fix a lot of them, I just think if its someone like this its at least an upgrade on rodgers an admittance of a problem and drawing a line under a waste of four years experimenting with our club.

It's pointless discussing managers, it's not the main problem.

We need a proper football man in the boardroom, a dof or whatever. Let him decide the football we want to play and employ the managers to suit that.

Zorc (dortmund), Overmars is the Ajax one, Monchi (sevilla) someone with a clue.

I actually prefer de boer to Klopp.

And I love Klopp, but part of me thinks his awesome demeanour and character will only get him so far, and if his side doesn't win things within 2 years then we'll be calling him a clown and criticising him for those same traits.

Or, he builds a great side and he's a legend.

I just think that de boer has started his managerial career on fire, and our moons align. It could be that he ends up leaving us, rather than us sacking him, such is his potential.

He achieved all those wins with Ajax despair them never really having a top striker. Never rally had a world class player. And I just wonder what level he could go to with our squad, it could be something special.

• Downvote 1

It's pointless discussing managers, it's not the main problem.

We need a proper football man in the boardroom, a dof or whatever. Let him decide the football we want to play and employ the managers to suit that.

Zorc (dortmund), Overmars is the Ajax one, Monchi (sevilla) someone with a clue.

Overthinking it. Get a good manager and all this talk of dof goes away again.