Quantcast
Adam Lallana - Page 56 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
SlugTrail

Adam Lallana

11 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Simon PeachVerified account @SimonPeach

Asked Adam Lallana if he was staying at #LFC this summer. "Yeah, absolutely no question about it," he said. "I couldn’t be happier here, winning Champions Leagues. I know my ability & I know what I can give"

Simon PeachVerified account @SimonPeach 2h2 hours ago

Adam Lallana: "The gaffer & his staff and the recruitment guys have all made it clear they know I have a big part to play with what’s to come next, so I’m buzzing with that. No question my future is here and I can’t wait for what’s next" #LFC

Colour me sceptical.

No way does Michael Edwards not have a huge folder full of players who would contribute far more for the £65k/week Lallana is on. I cannot even imagine him sitting down with Lallana to convince him that he has "a big part to play in what comes next."

I strongly suspect this is Adam's way of telling the club "no, I'm not leaving, I want to stay and try to work my way back into the team." Which, fair enough, he's seen Origi do it, so despite the fact that he's far more likely to end up as a Moreno than an Origi, if he doesn't want to go there's not much we can do about it.

Hopefully, though, we can still convince him to go. Maybe Southampton would want him back and we could persuade him that a cushy retirement there would be better than life on the fringes of the bench and getting 300 minutes/season for the next 2 years.

9 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I’d imagine Edwards sitting down with Lallana to go something more like this...

AnxiousTintedErmine-size_restricted.gif

All true except I would imagine Lallana would miss with his shot.

Either that or Lallana would get shot in the hamstring.

I0000lM0hqwM1Mso.jpg

“I’ve spoken to Adam and explained the situation to him, but it’s clear he’s still refusing to entertain the idea of leaving. Get your team together, it’s finally time to implement The Sturridge Protocol.”

1 hour ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Colour me sceptical.

No way does Michael Edwards not have a huge folder full of players who would contribute far more for the £65k/week Lallana is on. I cannot even imagine him sitting down with Lallana to convince him that he has "a big part to play in what comes next."

I strongly suspect this is Adam's way of telling the club "no, I'm not leaving, I want to stay and try to work my way back into the team." Which, fair enough, he's seen Origi do it, so despite the fact that he's far more likely to end up as a Moreno than an Origi, if he doesn't want to go there's not much we can do about it.

Hopefully, though, we can still convince him to go. Maybe Southampton would want him back and we could persuade him that a cushy retirement there would be better than life on the fringes of the bench and getting 300 minutes/season for the next 2 years.

He's on a lot more than £65k a week.

13 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Simon PeachVerified account @SimonPeach

Asked Adam Lallana if he was staying at #LFC this summer. "Yeah, absolutely no question about it," he said. "I couldn’t be happier here, winning Champions Leagues. I know my ability & I know what I can give"

Simon PeachVerified account @SimonPeach 2h2 hours ago

Adam Lallana: "The gaffer & his staff and the recruitment guys have all made it clear they know I have a big part to play with what’s to come next, so I’m buzzing with that. No question my future is here and I can’t wait for what’s next" #LFC

Apart from 2 short sub appearances in games we'd already won, he played a grand total of 79 minutes in this seasons Champions League in a two nil defeat to Red Star. Shameless.

He played 568 minutes in total this season and 519 minutes the seasons before. He's finished and needs to go.

13 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Keeping Lovren to keep

Salah happy.

Keeping Lallana to keep Hendo happy. 

Brateball. 

You'll never hobble alone.

43 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

How does Lallana's injury record compare to Sturridge?

Think someone posted it up and it was worse. Less minutes on the pitch over the last couple of years.

Just now, Anubis said:

Think someone posted it up and it was worse. Less minutes on the pitch over the last couple of years.

Sturridge has got around 400 minutes more over the last two seasons.

1 hour ago, Sugar Ape said:

Sturridge has got around 400 minutes more over the last two seasons.

I knew it might be slightly worse but not that much worse! Let's hope the newer players contracts prevent all this expensive malingering.

He won’t go anywhere unless he gets the same money, or maybe he knows he might get another medal for fuck all. Should be moved on, even on loan and get his wages off the books.

10 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I knew it might be slightly worse but not that much worse! Let's hope the newer players contracts prevent all this expensive malingering.

To be fair to Sturridge he's been fit basically this whole season, he just hasn't been getting games. If Sturridge had actually played when he was fit he'd be miles ahead of Lallana.

2 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Apart from 2 short sub appearances in games we'd already won, he played a grand total of 79 minutes in this seasons Champions League in a two nil defeat to Red Star. Shameless.

He played 568 minutes in total this season and 519 minutes the seasons before. He's finished and needs to go.

Scandalous.  He should be starting every game. 

He's got virtually no chance of playing next season if we add another midfield or forward. He'll only come on for the last 15 minutes when we lose the 3rd round of the FA Cup in January. If anyone offers over 15m for him he'll be out the door faster than a tight cunt when it's his round.