You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

SlugTrail

11 minutes ago, clangers said:

Who would take him after a two year injury layoff? Southampton of course.

He used to run around a lot, less so now so seeing little point of him playing?

Yes, his greatest skill was running around a lot. Now he can't do that.

It's a little like Sturridge. If he's missing open goals from six yards what is the fucking point?

He’s been pretty poor since coming back in, but it’s always going to take a while for a player in his mould to get back up to speed. Give him a bit more of chance lads, he’s been out for the best part of 15 months, he at least was trying to make things happen with those runs beyond the ball. I think he can still offer us something at times this season, he’s still great technically just needs to get back playing consistently and he’ll improve.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I thought he did better than Keita during the time both were on the pitch. He's rusty from being continually injured but if he can get a few more minutes under his belt and regain some of his old eneegy levels he might have a part to play here yet.

Although I have to admit, I'm expecting to see him get injured in training before Bournemouth.

7 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

He'll come good for us in a few years in those ex players five a side tournaments.

And alongside Carragher he can offer great insights when Liverpool plays Southampton. 

Lot of haters down on Lallana.  I'm sad he has so many injury issues and I don't think he was such a ridiculous buy at the time. He's a quality player at his best but I think his ship has sailed now unless he confounds everyone and plays out of his skin for the rest of the season. Wasn't bad against WH to be fair.

I didn’t see anyone play better than him against West Ham.  And he’s hardly fit, having not played for months. I’m sure it was lost on most people on here, but he made more runs from midfield than anyone else we’ve had in the team this season, though the ball never arrived with him, and he came deep to receive the ball on several occasions.  In other words, more dynamic than anyone else in our mf. And, rather than run alongside and point, he’ll actually put his foot in and win the ball.  

10 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I didn’t see anyone play better than him against West Ham.  And he’s hardly fit, having not played for months. I’m sure it was lost on most people on here, but he made more runs from midfield than anyone else we’ve had in the team this season, though the ball never arrived with him, and he came deep to receive the ball on several occasions.  In other words, more dynamic than anyone else in our mf. And, rather than run alongside and point, he’ll actually put his foot in and win the ball.  

I thought he looked the best of our midfielders and I assume he was taken off to protect him.  It would be a big plus in the run-in if he can stay fit particularly for the games against packed defences. 

• Like 1