You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

SlugTrail

Henderson is class.  It is not his job to score goals or get assists, like Lallana.

Although Henderson does get goals & assists, it is not his primary role, unlike Lallana.

Lazy comparison.

They're both spoofers and borderline shithouses, so the comparison is valid.  I don't lump Allen in the same bracket because he doesn't try to give off the air of a "big man" the way the two others do

Gee... We have some real biased followers. Allen a great player! Henderson class! Lallana much better than Götze... We finished 8th, wake the fuck up.

I agree with you about Allen & Lallana.  Not big fans of either.

But not Henderson, he gets more goals & assists than Lallana when he plays.  Yet he's not an attacking player, like Lallana.  

But regardless of what people think of Henderson or Allen, neither of them are in the team to be regular match winners, let's not turn this thread into a debate about them, we have enough of those already.

If we are going to compare Lallana to players, it should be Firmino, Coutinho, Ibe, Markovic, Ojo etc players who play in a similar position to him in the team.

They're both spoofers and borderline shithouses

Nah, that's bullshit IMO.  But let's not discuss it in here, this isn't the thread for it.

You would have to think Mane would take his place, if we sign him. Coutinho, Firmino and Mane behind Sturridge/Origi. Not bad at all that.

Lallana, Milner, Ojo, Markovic (if he returns), Ibe (if we keep him) adding depth.

I praised Lallana earlier in the season when he was having a good time of it. He's a decent player but overall we need more end product. Mane will offer that.

A wonderful player.

I'll never understand your love for Lallana. You don't rate Coutinho or Henderson but if you took the worst aspects of both, disappearing too often (Coutinho) and shitting out of responsibility (Hendo) and put them in one player, you'd get Lallana.

You love Lallana's work rate, yet hated Kuyt who had the same work rate plus scored lots more goals, mostly in big games and had balls of steel.

It's unfathomable.

• Upvote 9

If lallana could finish he would be a wonderful player. For the position he plays,the runs he makes and the chances he has he should be getting 15 goals a year. We are lucky if he gets half that though and it costs us too many points

I'll never understand your love for Lallana. You don't rate Coutinho or Henderson but if you took the worst aspects of both, disappearing too often (Coutinho) and shitting out of responsibility (Hendo) and put them in one player, you'd get Lallana.

You love Lallana's work rate, yet hated Kuyt who had the same work rate plus scored lots more goals, mostly in big games and had balls of steel.

It's unfathomable.

Lallana is braver than coutinho and Henderson, and works harder for the team than them both. I do rate Coutinho actually, I just don't rate him as highly as many do. I'm gutted Henderson has turned out like he has, because I thought we'd bought a player who could grow into a top Liverpool midfielder when we got him in. He's no better now than he was when we bought him. And he is a massive shithouse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

He's shite. I constantly hear these endorsements:

Runs a lot - well in, he's a professional footballer.

High pass completion - again, well in, passing the ball 5 yards after bottling the opportunity to do something meaningful skews this stat.

He's the link between defence and keeps things ticking over - this really annoys me. Patronisingly informing me I don't see what his contribution is. I do - it's fuck all.

I'd have him in before wijnaldum

Neither of them are central midfielders. I'd have Wijnaldum playing as a wide forward ahead of Lallana.

Lallana is our third choice number 10. Sadly, rather than playing with one, we often play with three or more numbers 10s.

He should have been sold this summer. Similarly to Henderson, we'd have got three times what they're worth from a mid table Premier League club because they're English.

Neither of them are central midfielders. I'd have Wijnaldum playing as a wide forward ahead of Lallana.

Lallana is our third choice number 10. Sadly, rather than playing with one, we often play with three or more numbers 10s.

He should have been sold this summer. Similarly to Henderson, we'd have got three times what they're worth from a mid table Premier League club because they're English.

He's first choice presser. Wijnaldum should be further forward I agree and we need more goals from Lallana but will wijnaldum work as hard to get the ball back? Doubt it. Should Lallana be in the team for his work rate alone? Probably not but I'd have him before wijnaldum given what I've seen from him so far.