You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

SlugTrail

Mrs Mac highlighted to me v sunderland how he slowed down his run to avoid a 50/50.

That was the last straw for me.

I grew up watching Souness Case Whelan and Gerrard in our midfield ......

Are you Peter Pan? Growing up for 20-30 years?

• Upvote 7

Yes, yes he is. He's a fucking pussy.

He's defo improved lately and was very good again last night. But they were dog shit. Lallana disappears against better, more physical sides.

you're getting mixed up with Coutinho and Firmino there.  Neither of them like a tackle. You're coming across as a bad wrong'un here Zonko as you refuse to accept the facts.  And they are that both Lallana and Allen are gods. 

• Upvote 3

I've slagged him as much as anybody but he's become a better, more committed player than I would have believed, easily our best since the LC final when he was ready to take on Toure.

He's bought completely into Klopp's ideas and works hard for the team. His injury rate has gone down dramatically and seems the fittest player on the team. He's playing like he wants to stay here and be  part of things. He's won me over with all that.

• Upvote 1

And they are that both Lallana and Allen are gods.

haha brilliant. Repped of course.

Allen, I agree with.

Lallana, just too much of luxury player in a league where you need a bit more oomph. Take nothing away from him, been very good under Klopp. But not 25mil good. Not consistent enough.

Lallana was excellent last night. It would be churlish to suggest anything else. If he plays like that for the remainder of the season he may even turn me around.

However, you're pissing into the wind if you don't acknowledge that Firmino is currently our most effective player. Barnes wasn't a tackler either, and didn't press like Firmino does, but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who watched him who didn't think he was brilliant.

Sometimes with a player it just takes something to click even if it takes a year and a half for it to happen. Don't forget he came here to a team that had a hangover from the previous season then lost its best player, he was under a fraud of a manager who treated him like he had an iron lung.and the massive price tag to a massive club. All those things add a lot of pressure, for some players it takes a lot of time to settle. I've slagged him off loads at the game calling him the empty crisp packet as he seemed to just float around doing not much.

I really hope he actually feels like he belongs here as last night and last week he's been brilliant hopefully he keeps it up but that is the test for him as at Southampton doing it occasionally might wash but it won't here or under Klop.

• Upvote 1

He's been consistently outperforming Coutinho all season.  As has Firmino.  Neither of them get the easy ride Coutinho gets when he delivers a decent performance once in every 10 games.   However, let's focus on the positive.  A very good team performance, a solid performance from our centre back pairing and a real chance of progress to the next round.  Come on you reds.

llanatfqp3.gif

That there skill, or "stud rolling" according to Paul "Scholesy" Scholes, was delightful from Lallana. Maybe the occasion, first goal or the fans triggered something in the players last night, but the team, along with Lallana, oozed confidence. Well done that man.

you're getting mixed up with Coutinho and Firmino there.  Neither of them like a tackle. You're coming across as a bad wrong'un here Zonko as you refuse to accept the facts.  And they are that both Lallana and Allen are gods. 

I know you like to defend Lallana by putting down our other attacking midfielders but saying Firmino doesn't like a tackle is factually incorrect.

Per Squawka Firmino has averaged 1.8 tackles per game, Lallana has averaged 1.4.

Firmino is one of the best defensive attcking players in the world.

A few weeks ago people were calling him the am who doesn't assist or score, how times have changed and I don't think it's a coincidence his numbers are improving playing with players who are technically very good like him.Having Balotelli, Sterling and Benteke playing ahead of him did not help, I always knew he would shine with Sturdidge or Origi ahead of him.

He won't be going anywhere but if we did decide to sell I think we would recoup most of what we spent like with Benteke, those two would be stars and key players for smaller teams and they would pay big money to get them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Jordan Rhodes just went for something like 12m in January, if people think clubs like that fighting for their place in the league would think twice about paying big for Benteke or Lallana that's up to them, I think a lot of teams would happily pay up.Convicing either of them to move to a smaller club who are not in European competition would be the problem.

• Downvote 2

I know you like to defend Lallana by putting down our other attacking midfielders but saying Firmino doesn't like a tackle is factually incorrect.

Per Squawka Firmino has averaged 1.8 tackles per game, Lallana has averaged 1.4.

Firmino is one of the best defensive attcking players in the world.

I adopt the same tactic others use when putting down Lallana, that's all.  I think Lallana is a braver player than Firmino.  Firmino turns around or away from the ball more than any player I know, and I've seen him slink out of tackles on several occasions.  

A few weeks ago people were calling him the am who doesn't assist or score, how times have changed and I don't think it's a coincidence his numbers are improving playing with players who are technically very good like him.Having Balotelli, Sterling and Benteke playing ahead of him did not help, I always knew he would shine with Sturdidge or Origi ahead of him.

He won't be going anywhere but if we did decide to sell I think we would recoup most of what we spent like with Benteke, those two would be stars and key players for smaller teams and they would pay big money to get them.

repped in error, fuck

I adopt the same tactic others use when putting down Lallana, that's all.  I think Lallana is a braver player than Firmino.  Firmino turns around or away from the ball more than any player I know, and I've seen him slink out of tackles on several occasions.  

He's adjusting to a new league. Also, I'm quite happy for him to slink out of a challenge that could potentially put him out for three or four weeks. He had a brilliant record of nicking the ball back from defenders in the Bundesliga, but, that's quite different to being Jimmy Case.

Anyway, the bone-rattling stuff should come from his colleagues further back the field.

Bone-shuddering