You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

SlugTrail

11 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Simon PeachVerified account @SimonPeach

Asked Adam Lallana if he was staying at #LFC this summer. "Yeah, absolutely no question about it," he said. "I couldn’t be happier here, winning Champions Leagues. I know my ability & I know what I can give"

Simon PeachVerified account @SimonPeach 2h2 hours ago

Adam Lallana: "The gaffer & his staff and the recruitment guys have all made it clear they know I have a big part to play with what’s to come next, so I’m buzzing with that. No question my future is here and I can’t wait for what’s next" #LFC

Colour me sceptical.

No way does Michael Edwards not have a huge folder full of players who would contribute far more for the £65k/week Lallana is on. I cannot even imagine him sitting down with Lallana to convince him that he has "a big part to play in what comes next."

I strongly suspect this is Adam's way of telling the club "no, I'm not leaving, I want to stay and try to work my way back into the team." Which, fair enough, he's seen Origi do it, so despite the fact that he's far more likely to end up as a Moreno than an Origi, if he doesn't want to go there's not much we can do about it.

Hopefully, though, we can still convince him to go. Maybe Southampton would want him back and we could persuade him that a cushy retirement there would be better than life on the fringes of the bench and getting 300 minutes/season for the next 2 years.

9 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I’d imagine Edwards sitting down with Lallana to go something more like this...

AnxiousTintedErmine-size_restricted.gif

All true except I would imagine Lallana would miss with his shot.

Either that or Lallana would get shot in the hamstring.

I0000lM0hqwM1Mso.jpg

“I’ve spoken to Adam and explained the situation to him, but it’s clear he’s still refusing to entertain the idea of leaving. Get your team together, it’s finally time to implement The Sturridge Protocol.”

1 hour ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Colour me sceptical.

No way does Michael Edwards not have a huge folder full of players who would contribute far more for the £65k/week Lallana is on. I cannot even imagine him sitting down with Lallana to convince him that he has "a big part to play in what comes next."

I strongly suspect this is Adam's way of telling the club "no, I'm not leaving, I want to stay and try to work my way back into the team." Which, fair enough, he's seen Origi do it, so despite the fact that he's far more likely to end up as a Moreno than an Origi, if he doesn't want to go there's not much we can do about it.

Hopefully, though, we can still convince him to go. Maybe Southampton would want him back and we could persuade him that a cushy retirement there would be better than life on the fringes of the bench and getting 300 minutes/season for the next 2 years.

He's on a lot more than £65k a week.

13 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Simon PeachVerified account @SimonPeach

Asked Adam Lallana if he was staying at #LFC this summer. "Yeah, absolutely no question about it," he said. "I couldn’t be happier here, winning Champions Leagues. I know my ability & I know what I can give"

Simon PeachVerified account @SimonPeach 2h2 hours ago

Adam Lallana: "The gaffer & his staff and the recruitment guys have all made it clear they know I have a big part to play with what’s to come next, so I’m buzzing with that. No question my future is here and I can’t wait for what’s next" #LFC

Apart from 2 short sub appearances in games we'd already won, he played a grand total of 79 minutes in this seasons Champions League in a two nil defeat to Red Star. Shameless.

He played 568 minutes in total this season and 519 minutes the seasons before. He's finished and needs to go.

10 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I knew it might be slightly worse but not that much worse! Let's hope the newer players contracts prevent all this expensive malingering.

To be fair to Sturridge he's been fit basically this whole season, he just hasn't been getting games. If Sturridge had actually played when he was fit he'd be miles ahead of Lallana.

2 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Apart from 2 short sub appearances in games we'd already won, he played a grand total of 79 minutes in this seasons Champions League in a two nil defeat to Red Star. Shameless.

He played 568 minutes in total this season and 519 minutes the seasons before. He's finished and needs to go.

Scandalous.  He should be starting every game. 

He's got virtually no chance of playing next season if we add another midfield or forward. He'll only come on for the last 15 minutes when we lose the 3rd round of the FA Cup in January. If anyone offers over 15m for him he'll be out the door faster than a tight cunt when it's his round.

• 1 month later...

While Fabinho remains Liverpool’s first choice as the deepest lying midfielder, expect Adam Lallana to also feature there in the upcoming season. Klopp admires his versatility and can see him being used in the ‘Jorginho’ role. (Paul Joyce)

What a time to be alive.