You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

SlugTrail

• 4 weeks later...

He came on and ran at their defence.  He won a free kick that we should have scored from.  Tell me what the rest of our subs did.  I know the hate out there for Lallana, but I'd play him every game over Henderson.  He can take the ball under pressure and he rarely loses it.  He makes runs and space for other players.  Play him from the start every game. Give us something going forward from midfield.

I think there are plenty that do, but at the end of the day it's opinions.  I know when I see Henderson step on to the pitch how we are going to play, and what will happen when we're under a bit of pressure.  It's probably the same feeling you get when you see Adam getting ready to come on.

12 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I think there are plenty that do, but at the end of the day it's opinions.  I know when I see Henderson step on to the pitch how we are going to play, and what will happen when we're under a bit of pressure.  It's probably the same feeling you get when you see Adam getting ready to come on.

In fairness to Lallana he doesn't hide. He is just all fur coat, no knickers. 

He was a good footballer for a few years, long since ruined by injuries.

Shaqiri showed more in the first few months of the season than Lallana did in three years.

Even a manager as as good as Klopp has a few blind spots like this .

1 hour ago, Dr Nowt said:

Soul-destroying to see him coming on yesterday.

Watching him come on in the European Cup Final to replace our top scorer and the top scorer in the country was soul destroying too.....the fact there has been two transfer windows since that happening and he is still here is laughable.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Didn't he pick up what was described as a minor knock recently....sure Klopp said at time he'd miss a game but be fit in week....after Fulham i think it was.

We've had 5 games since and he remains a doubt for a 6th tonight.

If we can get anyone to pay anything in Summer for him we will have done well.

Here we go:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/344915-liverpool-fitness-update-joe-gomez-adam-lallana-porto