You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

SlugTrail

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

We should have binned him in the summer.

I said the same in the summer.

But given our injuries in that position & given we didn't get a Fekir type player, I'm glad he is still here & fit, currently as I think our midfield needs him.

4 minutes ago, LF:D said:

I said the same in the summer.

But given our injuries in that position & given we didn't get a Fekir type player, I'm glad he is still here & fit, currently as I think our midfield needs him.

Yes, should be moderately useful for a fortnight or so.

11 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yes, should be moderately useful for a fortnight or so.

To be fair, I'd take that.  As Keita should be back then.  Milner not far off.

We need him for these two weeks, until we get those two back.  Then in January I think we all hope we go back for Fekir.

12 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

We havent been explosive when Hendo,Milner and Gini but we've been effective enough.

Defensively we've been really good.  I think our CM is extremely underrated in terms of what they do without the ball.

With the ball, is the issue - especially in terms of offering penetration.  That's where we need Lallana to hopefully upgrade it but while also keeping the defensive solidarity. 

Shaqiri would easily enhance our creativity if we played more of a 4-2-3-1.  But Klopp didn't seem to like it without the ball vs Southampton.

43 minutes ago, LF:D said:

To be fair, I'd take that.  As Keita should be back then.  Milner not far off.

We need him for these two weeks, until we get those two back.  Then in January I think we all hope we go back for Fekir.

Not all no, there’s still some who believe you shouldn’t sign players who’ve failed a medical.

2 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Not all no, there’s still some who believe you shouldn’t sign players who’ve failed a medical.

He passed the medical, they just had further doubts about his knee.

I agree, if the club don't think it is worth the risk - then we shouldn't go back for him.

But I don't have the information to know how bad the knee is, the club might have just been playing hardball on the fee.

Guess we'll find out soon.

1 hour ago, LF:D said:

He passed the medical, they just had further doubts about his knee.

Don't you just "have" a medical and the club decide whether you "pass" or not?  There's no agreed standard.  So he "failed".

As for Lallana, I like him.

Given a good run of injury-free games, we'll all be praising his workrate, eye for a pass and all-round contribution to the team.

His Kiev performance sticks in my craw, but that was not fairly indicative of what he can do.

Keep.

Lets hope he can stay fit now and try and play his way back into the side. I had a bit of a moan about our strength in depth after the City game but having Lallana and Oxlade-Chamberlain still to come back shows that we do have strength in depth. Just need to keep everyone as fit as possible ! Is Matip injured? I know Gomez has been excellent and Lovren appears to be 2nd/3rd choice to Van Dijk anyway but has Matip been out or just benched? Ive missed any news on him 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, razor said:

Don't you just "have" a medical and the club decide whether you "pass" or not?  There's no agreed standard.  So he "failed".

As for Lallana, I like him.

Given a good run of injury-free games, we'll all be praising his workrate, eye for a pass and all-round contribution to the team.

His Kiev performance sticks in my craw, but that was not fairly indicative of what he can do.

Keep.

Our Nivea contract wouldn't be the same without him. 

13 hours ago, razor said:

Well going off what the respected LFC sources, Melissa Reddy, James Pearce etc.  He passed the medical, but they wanted further checks on his knee.  That's fine by me, I trust our recruitment fully.  If they thought it was too much risk, I back the club to find another players who can do a similar job.

For the person who asked, think it was @Bjornebye, Matip is fit.

13 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Lets hope he can stay fit now and try and play his way back into the side. I had a bit of a moan about our strength in depth after the City game but having Lallana and Oxlade-Chamberlain still to come back shows that we do have strength in depth. Just need to keep everyone as fit as possible ! Is Matip injured? I know Gomez has been excellent and Lovren appears to be 2nd/3rd choice to Van Dijk anyway but has Matip been out or just benched? Ive missed any news on him 

I have doubts about Oxlade Chamberlain long term myself as he seems to have regular injury problems.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2018 at 9:35 AM, VladimirIlyich said:

I have doubts about Oxlade Chamberlain long term myself as he seems to have regular injury problems.

How many players come back at the really top level and are as good as they were after an injury that keeps them out for over a year?