You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

SlugTrail

I think Lallana & Clyne were taken for granted a bit & damned with faint praise , but would both have helped us start the season tactically more efficiently,with Lallana's pressing game and Clyne's defensive reliability..

Your point about the pressing is a valid one. The pressing game is key to both defence and attack the way Klopp wants is to play. This topic is getting far too little attention on here probably, as we tend to oversimplify things by putting all the blame on the defenders when we concede.

Anyway I'm not sure Lallana is the answer to these issues, even if you could argue that at his best he's quite good at pressing. Only when in his best form tho, which is about 1 out of 3 games over a season.

Matip is a good defender and Gomez is coming along nicely. The former needs a better partner than Lovren; the latter needs to keep getting experience, but thus far this season, for me at least, he's doing well. He's faster than I remembered, and looks that way through losing a bit of muscle. And he has a good cross on him.Ultimately he will probably end up in the middle, but it's tough to learn your trade there. Mind you, Lovren fills me with such little confidence that based on current options, I wouldn't be wholly against seeing Matip and Gomez getting a run in the middle together.

High praise indeed from a man in your line of work.
  • Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on Lalana? It's been 3 or 4 weeks now since we heard there were no setbacks. But there is no Lalana either.

And is Clyne a total write off now, for the season at least?

The Clyne one is very odd, without sounding like a taxi driving Evertonians conspiracy theorist.

He could have " OverNivead " him and Lallana.

• 3 months later...

Touch OTT that, Adam...

I think he's a bit confused. Barcelona have to have eyed a swoop for a player before you start all the antics like biting, going on strike and pretending to hold young players heads under water to agitate for a move.