You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Another US Shooting

General Dryness

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

Americans & their relationship with guns is baffling, creepy, unnerving, possibly sexual and quite frankly rather bizarre.  What an odd nation they are.  

It's many different countries though isn't it? Having a gun in the Rockies or Alaska is different from having one in LA or Queens.

Just now, Section_31 said:

It's many different countries though isn't it? Having a gun in the Rockies is different from having one in LA or Queens.

Very true. 
Having extensively traveled the US in the late 90s saying it’s many different countries is great analogy. No wonder they have so many issues over there and it’s pretty much ungovernable.

It always amazes me how they became a ‘super power’ too. 

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

Very true. 
Having extensively traveled the US in the late 90s saying it’s many different countries is great analogy. No wonder they have so many issues over there and it’s pretty much ungovernable.

It always amazes me how they became a ‘super power’ too. 

The 'super' power thing is based on wealth. With the inequality there the rich are unbelievably rich and therefore get their way.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

When we were in Vegas some toddler got shot by her dad while him and his dad were shooting melons in the back yard. Get the impression it happened quite often.

I went to Vegas in 2015 for a wedding and the stag do was in Arizona at a place called 'bullets and burgers'. They give us a menu of guns to use. I chose a Glock, an Uzi and a Humvee mounted machine gun. We had the choice of having a go at a 50 cal sniper rifle shooting at exploding targets... I passed on that. I found it weird as fuck. The owner was from London and said he was getting a helicopter with a machine gun mounted on it the following year. The burger was fucking shit.

This happened there the previous year...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Charles_Vacca

• Upvote 1

Not a shooting and not the US. Sadly here in London. Bit graphic the report below. Glad no one helped the cunt stuck under the car though.

A knifeman who stabbed a woman to death in a frenzied West London attack was knocked down by a passerby after a member of the public rushed to help the victim, witnesses have described.

The Metropolitan Police said it had launched "an urgent investigation" after the incident, which took place in Chippenham Road, Maida Vale at around 9am on Monday.

When officers arrived following reports of a stabbing, they also found a man had been struck by a vehicle. Both victims were pronounced dead at the scene.

A local business owner has described the incident that took place on the street outside his shop, where he says one of his customers saw the attack and attempted to disarm the killer.

Mo Ahmed, 27, was inside Am 2 PM Food and Wine on Monday morning when he heard commotion and a young woman screaming nearby. "There was a guy who ran up to a girl in the street and stabbed her – he had a knife and he was stabbing her again and again, all over her body," he said. 

"People were trying to intervene, there were people all around, shouting 'leave her alone, she’s bleeding'."

"One of my customers lives nearby and was on his way to work when he noticed what was happening," Mr Ahmed said.

"He ran to the attacker and managed to push him away from the girl. But then the attacker stood up and ran to attack my customer.

"Then someone in a car – I don't know who – drove towards the attacker in his car and hit him, and the attacker fell down."

He could have hit the stabber "by mistake", Mr Ahmed said.

After the attack, the customer came to Mr Ahmed’s shop to get water before returning home.  

"He was really devastated and shocked, he was shaking," Mr Ahmed recalled. Mulugeta Asseratte said he also witnessed the incident in West London.

He said: "It is a very terrible incident and for it to happen on a Monday morning. I was coming up from the bakery to Chippenham Road and suddenly heard shouts of 'stop it, stop it' and it was a girl being attacked by a gentleman.

"In any case, I'm a father of four daughters, such things do happen, and I tried to look and even say 'stop it' and it would not.

"All of a sudden it moved to the street and no sooner than they reached the street than a car came and hit both of them. We were all shocked and shouting and my heart goes out to the families of this fatal incident.

"This is something one sees in movies, not in real life."

Jiyad Raad, who lives on Chippenham Road, witnessed the attack which took place right outside his front door.

Mr Raad, who appeared visibly shocked, said: "I heard screaming outside my flat. I saw the guy get on top of her and stab her four or five times. In total he might have stabbed her as many as ten times. He was staring at her and he kept saying "take it, take it".

"People kept trying to get him off her but he would chase them away and wave his knife at them.

"We tried to stop him but we couldn't get to her because he was waving the knife.

The woman had blonde hair and looked to be in her early twenties. He was completely focused on her and kept stabbing."

Another resident, who did not wish to be named, said her husband had rushed outside after hearing their son scream that someone was being stabbed outside.

She said: "I heard screaming and my son, who was looking out the window, came over and told me someone is being stabbed outside.

"I saw the lady on the floor and the man on top of her and I thought he was beating her up but then i saw he had a knife.

"My husband went out to help but no one could get close because he was waving the knife around.

"The man with the knife was hit by a car. Everyone was trying to help the lady she was bleeding heavily. It was terrifying.

"No one should have to see such an awful scene. There were lots of people walking past on their way to work.

"The man who had been crushed by the car kept calling out 'help me, help me' but no one would go to him as we were all trying to help the woman."

Detective Chief Inspector Neil Smithson said on Monday: “This morning an incredibly serious incident has unfolded in the Westminster area which has seen two people pronounced dead.

“Our officers are on scene and are working to establish exactly what has happened. As soon as we have more information we will keep the public updated but for now we must avoid speculation and allow investigators to do their work.

“What I can say at this time is that the incident is contained and we do not believe there to be any wider threat to the community.

“We have spoken to a number of people already but anyone else who witnessed the incident, or who has information that could help us, is urged to make contact immediately.”

Police are working to inform their families, and said that post-mortem examinations will be arranged.

A spokeswoman for London Ambulance Service said: "We were called at 9.02am to reports of an incident on Chippenham Road, W9.

"We sent a number of resources to the scene, including two ambulance crews, two clinical team leaders, an advanced paramedic, two tactical response units, a medic in a car, an incident response officer, and members of our hazardous area response team.

"We also dispatched by road London's Air Ambulance.

"Despite our medics' efforts, two people died at the scene."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/01/24/maida-vale-double-murder-woman-stabbed-man-hit-car/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From "The Onion"

ISLA VISTA, CA—In the days following a violent rampage in southern California in which a lone attacker killed seven individuals, including himself, and seriously injured over a dozen others, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Tuesday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. “This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,” said North Carolina resident Samuel Wipper, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world’s deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations. “It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep this guy from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what he really wanted.” At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past five years were referring to themselves and their situation as “helpless.”