Jump to content
General Dryness

Another US Shooting

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

America is a fucking nuts country.  Absolutely fucking bonkers. 

Just makes you think, we watch Hollywood films thinking yeah great film, nice over the top storyline when in reality it's just documentaries on actual American life, probably toned down a bit. 

 

_114088607_4134eab6-8c47-491b-9969-589fd

 

Outrageous. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The right to bear arms in the 2nd amendment was most likely to avoid having a professional army:

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/made-by-history/wp/2018/02/22/what-the-second-amendment-really-meant-to-the-founders/

 

Since the US now has a massive army, do they need to arm each citizen? Especially with fucking assault rifles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was an incident last week in Florida where two kids (14yr old girl and 12yr old boy) had run away from a care home and broke into a house.
 

The police were alerted and sheriff’s deputies arrived. Meanwhile the kids had found an AK47 and a shotgun and decided to make like Butch and Sundance because they didn’t want to go back into the care system. Naturally, the deputies returned fire hospitalising the girl (one was heard to say ‘don’t make me do this’ on his body camera).

 

Fucked up situation. How can you just find an accessible shotgun and AK47 in a house? Crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

The right to bear arms in the 2nd amendment was most likely to avoid having a professional army:

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/made-by-history/wp/2018/02/22/what-the-second-amendment-really-meant-to-the-founders/

 

Since the US now has a massive army, do they need to arm each citizen? Especially with fucking assault rifles. 

When the 2nd amendment was drafted people were running around with a few muskets not semi-automatic weapons.

The stupidity of it all just simply beggars belief .  Surely the right not be randomly gunned down by some head banger outweighs said headbanger's right to carry lethal weapons around in public.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Anubis said:

There was an incident last week in Florida where two kids (14yr old girl and 12yr old boy) had run away from a care home and broke into a house.
 

The police were alerted and sheriff’s deputies arrived. Meanwhile the kids had found an AK47 and a shotgun and decided to make like Butch and Sundance because they didn’t want to go back into the care system. Naturally, the deputies returned fire hospitalising the girl (one was heard to say ‘don’t make me do this’ on his body camera).

 

Fucked up situation. How can you just find an accessible shotgun and AK47 in a house? Crazy.

Not been to Eastern Europe much?

 

kalašslav.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-58195419

So this happened yesterday here in the UK. Whilst it is incredibly tragic the 6 people died, what struck me was that its now the worst mass shooting event in the UK for a decade.   A decade!!! The US is lucky if it goes a week without a mass shooting.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fucking hell look at this from a few years ago. What an absolute maniac

 

 

 

Then this video was below it of another gun totting psycho

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From "The Onion"

ISLA VISTA, CA—In the days following a violent rampage in southern California in which a lone attacker killed seven individuals, including himself, and seriously injured over a dozen others, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Tuesday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. “This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,” said North Carolina resident Samuel Wipper, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world’s deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations. “It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep this guy from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what he really wanted.” At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past five years were referring to themselves and their situation as “helpless.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, redinblack said:

From "The Onion"

ISLA VISTA, CA—In the days following a violent rampage in southern California in which a lone attacker killed seven individuals, including himself, and seriously injured over a dozen others, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Tuesday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. “This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,” said North Carolina resident Samuel Wipper, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world’s deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations. “It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep this guy from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what he really wanted.” At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past five years were referring to themselves and their situation as “helpless.”

Well yeah,something could be done by banning guns! But apart from that nothing could be done. 

images(6).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was chatting to a woman at work the other day and she mentioned her sister lived out in South Carolina.   Turns out she was at one of the unis where there was a mass shooting and as she was studying counselling everyone in her class was assigned to the family of a murdered student.  She was 20 at the time.  Tough gig.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Well yeah,something could be done by banning guns! But apart from that nothing could be done. 

images(6).jpg

I think thats the point they are making...every time there is a shooting they print this article verbatim and just change the location. Its a satirical magazine ( apologies if you knew that)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, redinblack said:

I think thats the point they are making...every time there is a shooting they print this article verbatim and just change the location. Its a satirical magazine ( apologies if you knew that)

Maybe I deserve the 'Doh' too as it went over my head. The satire is spot on though as its pretty much the outsider's perception.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×