You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Another US Shooting

General Dryness

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Or stop selling guns to civilians 

They could do that too, but mental health should be a priority as well no matter what the case. Someone shooting up crowds of people definitely isn't sane obviously.

They could also make gun permits federal law instead of just in some states, corrupt as fuck that it isn't the case already. https://brilliantmaps.com/buy-gun-map/

The US constitution is not fit for purpose.  The 2nd Amendment needs ripping up.  There should be an overriding duty to protect citizens from harm.  The gun laws are a clear violation of this and make the government of the day wholly accountable, in my opinion.  Stupid fucked up country.   

46 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Or stop selling guns to civilians 

Way to late for that. Just look at the state of the gun problems we have in this country with all the regulations we have. Look at Liverpool. Seems hardly a week goes by when someone isn't shot.

OK, we're not talking mass shooting over here but the problem of guns in the wrong hands is fucking rife. 

Sadly the problem in the States is irreversible. They'd rather carry on with the way things are then give up their firearms. 

37 minutes ago, moof said:

Saying the problem is mental health is a bit too reductionist. For example, there are millions of women in America with mental health problems but how many are going around shooting up schools and shopping malls etc? 

No idea why that's the case. If they could at least start with making mental health more of a priority though they might then be able to narrow it down more and work out what the fuck is going on. Hopefully they'll get permits sorted in plenty more states too, and eventually all of them.

15 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Way to late for that. Just look at the state of the gun problems we have in this country with all the regulations we have. Look at Liverpool. Seems hardly a week goes by when someone isn't shot.

OK, we're not talking mass shooting over here but the problem of guns in the wrong hands is fucking rife. 

Sadly the problem in the States is irreversible. They'd rather carry on with the way things are then give up their firearms. 

No I totally agree mate I was just being an arse. 

Thing is over here its drug dealers and gangsters doing each other in which I quite frankly don't give a fuck about. Over there you could get shot in fucking Mothercare just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. The amount of gun owning lunatics over there mean that any law brought in that restricts firearm ownership will end up with thousands of Ruby Ridge incidents. Plus it pays too much as it is. 

I think we just need to wipe every single one of them out and let the country start again without some piss arse bollocks written by cowboys. 

10 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Trump blaming video games now. Obviously when the UK banned games, gun crime stopped immediately.

If his mate threw a red shell up one of their arses just before the finish line on Mario Kart then I fully understand and condone his actions. 

The US is fucked up. My dippy nephew, not blood related I have to say, at 17 has got more chance of getting a gun than a pint. 

I love the way Trump says not to worry he will fix it. How does he do that without banning gun ownership?

3 minutes ago, A Red said:

The US is fucked up. My dippy nephew, not blood related I have to say, at 17 has got more chance of getting a gun than a pint. 

I love the way Trump says not to worry he will fix it. How does he do that without banning gun ownership?

It's just words. He said he was going to cure aids and childhood cancer the other day. He doesn't care, nobody believes him and nobody holds him to account. 

Same with Johnson and his 20 thousand coppers and all the rest of his bollocks. 

Regarding Mental Health.

Nothing will change on mental health in America under the current infrastructure, pharmaceutical companies in America make too much money from people being prescribed with drugs. I'd love to see a statistic on how many drugs the average person over there is prescribed.

Regarding Gun controls

Similar to the above. Nothing will change as the NRA are too powerful politically and there's too much money to be made. Can't see anything happening in our lifetime on this. America just loves its guwns.

And ultimately money talks. 

Rinse and Repeat, thoughts and prayers though.....

• Upvote 2