You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Another US Shooting

General Dryness

Just now, SasaS said:

Overall culture and history of violence, extremely high level of potential frustration from status anxiety, boundaries of individual freedom.

I'd say the the fact that it's easy to get guns in amongst that culture would suggest that gun laws should be very high on the concern list. Twice in 2 weeks, an 18 year old has committed mass murder with guns

7 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Overall culture and history of violence, extremely high level of potential frustration from status anxiety, boundaries of individual freedom.

Same here in the UK,but you know what? Getting a gun is still pretty difficult over here so these incidents are 'thankfully' very rare.

7 minutes ago, SasaS said:

And in that permanently febrile atmosphere, it's a really bad idea to encourage angry people to get tooled up.

I don't think anyone denies all those other cultural issues, but they would take generations to resolve; reducing the ease with which cunts can arm themselves is something that can - and should - happen right now and it would save lives.

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'd say the the fact that it's easy to get guns in amongst that culture would suggest that gun laws should be very high on the concern list. Twice in 2 weeks, an 18 year old has committed mass murder with guns

True, but you'd think it was all about how easy it is to get a gun in the US. It is a highly politicized issue which is now also a go to issue in an understandable moral panic every time something even more horrible than usual happens (when there is a tragedy, every society always reacts by demanding something be done, because society cannot tolerate losing control, there must be a culprit a reason and a fix).

I don't fully understand their gun culture, but there are likely other reasons why this keeps happening in the US and there is so probably enough guns you can easily get on the black market even if they managed to finally enact stringent or at least a bit tougher gun control. Like, if you take away all the machetes in Pakistan, zealots would stop hacking down people for blasphemy.

I am not against taking the guns away, I just don't think it is that simple. There are a lot of countries with a lot of guns and they are not shooting up schools and supermarkets on a regular basis.

• Upvote 1

Every journey starts with a single step.

Passing laws to reduce the number of guns in the US would be an effective start, symbolically and practically.

But the people, and their politicians, don't care enough about it to make it happen.

"Tots and prayers."

(Both what politicians say after the latest mass-murderer goes on a rampage, and what you see in US classrooms just before that rampage starts.)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Heartbreaking. I genuinely can't get my head around 19 children being gunned down. Where the fcuk do you even start?

A land where health care is prohibitively expensive, mental health care is appaling, and an 18 year old can buy guns but not a beer.

Can’t legally fuck either.  All these cunts who carry these things out just need to get laid. But wear a condom as abortion is probably illegal. 

Totally and utterly fucked up country. 

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Heartbreaking. I genuinely can't get my head around 19 children being gunned down. Where the fcuk do you even start?

A land where health care is prohibitively expensive, mental health care is appaling, and an 18 year old can buy guns but not a beer.

Yeah but freedom! How the fuck they are free I don't know. What even is freedom, free to be homeless because you had a second heart attack and your insurance wont pay out, free to walk to the hospital with a broken leg because the ambulance costs 5 grand to call out. Free to shit your pants every day incase your kids won't survive school. Whatever many of them think freedom is doesn't seem to be a nice way to live, it's a nation terrified of each other and those who govern it.

• Upvote 1

So many are completely, utterly ignorant of the rest of the world, they believe their dip shit nation is the best, the freedom torch bearer, milk and funny honey. On Twitter comments under appeals for gun control include freedom loving people saying stuff like ‘guess what slime ball liberal shits, it’s in the constitution’, with absolute zero concern for those who are murdered, coz it isn’t them or theirs.Twats. 

The gunman had no known criminal history or history of mental illness and “no meaningful forwarning of his crime” other than posting “I’m going to shoot my grandmother” and “I’m going to shoot an elementary school” on Facebook, Governor Abbott reported at a press briefing on Wednesday.

He was really being cryptic about it.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bossy said:

So many are completely, utterly ignorant of the rest of the world, they believe their dip shit nation is the best, the freedom torch bearer, milk and funny honey. On Twitter comments under appeals for gun control include freedom loving people saying stuff like ‘guess what slime ball liberal shits, it’s in the constitution’, with absolute zero concern for those who are murdered, coz it isn’t them or theirs.Twats. 

They hide behind this constantly. There have been 33 amendments to their constitution since it was written, suggesting that maybe they didn't get it right to start with. Amend it again - starting with the law designed to enable people to form a militia over 200 fucking years ago.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

They hide behind this constantly. There have been 33 amendments to their constitution since it was written, suggesting that maybe they didn't get it right to start with. Amend it again - starting with the law designed to enable people to form a militia over 200 fucking years ago.

They know this but they believe the 2nd is immune. 

25 minutes ago, bossy said:

The American public in general is in favour of amending gun laws, adding more controls, etc... Polls show this. The majority of Americans being gun loving maniacs is a stereotype.

The problem is a specific section of people and groups that American politicians don't think they can afford to go against.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The American public in general is in favour of amending gun laws, adding more controls, etc... Polls show this. The majority of Americans being gun loving maniacs is a stereotype.

The problem is a specific section of people and groups that American politicians don't think they can afford to go against.

2048.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=

Basically the same demographic as these cunts in The Purge

latest?cb=20200308004059