You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Another US Shooting

General Dryness

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I read somewhere that the Aryan Brotherhood constitute something like 2% of the prison population but are responsible for 25% of the violence. 

Bloody hell, didn't know that. America has major problems, the Internet hasn't helped, theyve got loads and loads of loons. This Quon (spelling?) shit and all that nonsense. An awful lot of these right wing middle class women who picket abortion clinics believe in this black resistance theory shit where they believe blacks are taking over the world. I read a lot of these problems also stem from poverty and increased segregation where black and whites don't mix. Its frighteningly bad and its spreading.

• Downvote 1

That one looks like a dispute as the arrested male is described as being Asian and the the congregation were Taiwanese. However there were other mass shootings in between this and the Buffalo one. It's probably going to get to the point where every argument in America is going to be settled by shoot outs.

13 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Their now needs a clampdown on anyone pushing this shit. America could start with their own politicans and political commentators, then quickly move to social media and influences from abroad. 

Whether the individual was taken dead or alive is a secondary argument. As with Jihadi terrorism the content passed around by terrorists and sympathisers has to be banned.

This is a stretch for me. Poorer communities tend to have more children,poorer communities are often but not exclusively non white. The anti abortion argument is a whole different ball game,in my view. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

This is a stretch for me. Poorer communities tend to have more children,poorer communities are often but not exclusively non white. The anti abortion argument is a whole different ball game,in my view. 

I know its illogical but you can't underestimate the warped veiws of some of these Quon/teapot/right wing/anti abortion mob. They'll stand outside abortion  clinics preaching the bible and harassing women then as soon as the child is born he's not worthy of a second thought. The type of religious nutt who will spend 8 hours outside an anti abortion clinic go home to find a couple of teenagers trespassing on their lawn and stick three bullets into each of them. 

14 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I honestly didn't have you down as a coward, Gnasher. Appears I was mistaken. 

Numero I thought my posts above answered your question. My basic point being white supremacists and these doctrines they share should be given similar resources and energy by the authorities as when they clamped down on Jihadi hate preachers few years ago. 

Anyway it's pointless getting into another silly argument with you. 

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Numero I thought my posts above answered your question. My basic point being white supremacists and these doctrines they share should be given similar resources and energy by the authorities as when they clamped down on Jihadi hate preachers few years ago. 

Anyway it's pointless getting into another silly argument with you. 

Nope, I asked quite clearly ‘Why are you pretending you can’t ask questions or raise eyebrows? Who could stop you?’ but you wouldn’t answer. Banging on about Quorn doesn’t address why you’ve mentioned that a number of times. I don’t want a silly argument, I just wanted a brief answer to a reasonable question. 

5 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Nope, I asked quite clearly ‘Why are you pretending you can’t ask questions or raise eyebrows? Who could stop you?’ but you wouldn’t answer. Banging on about Quorn doesn’t address why you’ve mentioned that a number of times. I don’t want a silly argument, I just wanted a brief answer to a reasonable question. 

Well check the first answer down from the question and you might get a understanding of why I posed the question. I'm not talking about whether the individual was taken dead or alive or the conduct of the police in certain situations or other imo less relevant points i was focusing on the manifestos these loons seem to follow, where they are coming from and what's being done to combat it. 

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Well check the first answer down from the question and you might get a understanding of why I posed the question. I'm not talking about whether the individual was taken dead or alive or the conduct of the police in certain situations or other imo less relevant points i was focusing on the manifestos these loons seem to follow, where they are coming from and what's being done to combat it. 

You just won’t give me a straight answer about who is stopping you from asking questions and raising eyebrows. Why is it so difficult? 

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You just won’t give me a straight answer about who is stopping you from asking questions and raising eyebrows. Why is it so difficult? 

You dont want an answer, you want yet another pathetic row. You're over almost every thread i'm on goading me with childish names (coward, stupid, blah blah blah), yet when I refuse to jump to your condescending little posts you get all pissy and irate. You don't listen to anyones veiws, your weird over the top reactions to the slightest bit of constructive criticism of Starmer shows as much. 

You crack on buzzing about like a perplexed little wasp Numero, from now on I think i'll take a leaf out of Sir Rogers book and give you a swerve.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

You dont want an answer, you want yet another pathetic row. You're over almost every thread i'm on goading me with childish names (coward, stupid, blah blah blah), yet when I refuse to jump to your condescending little posts you get all pissy and irate. You don't listen to anyones veiws, your weird over the top reactions to the slightest bit of constructive criticism of Starmer shows as much. 

You crack on buzzing about like a perplexed little wasp Numero, from now on I think i'll take a leaf out of Sir Rogers book and give you a swerve.

Why won’t you just answer the question? 

I was talking to my Mrs before about the shootings in Buffalo and asked her, "Can you imagine the absolute carnage growing up if your average scally could just rock up to Tescos or the Asda and buy an AK...?" No wonder it's fucked over there given the proliferation of guns, and especially assault rifles   

On 15/05/2022 at 19:05, Strontium said:

I think that is happening more these days. This is from a few months ago. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/nov/18/more-prevent-referrals-linked-to-far-right-extremism-than-islamist

Thanks. The article refers to referrals to the Prevent programme, rather than action that had been taken as a result of those referrals. It also doesn't seem to show how many, if any, of the 'groomers' rather than the 'groomed' had been referred, which is what I'm interested in. 

I'm glad that action at least seem to be progressing in this area, but the question I was asking is, what differentiates some of the politicians, commentators, bloggers etc who promote far right views that undoubtedly encourage hatred and violence among some of the people who listen to them, and the more established Islamic targets of the police/security services; the radical Iman's and mosques, the speakers at universities, the agents of terrorist groups? Is there a fundamental difference in how they operate, beyond clever wordplay, that allows one to be legal and paid well, while the other is monitored, banned, imprisoned? Or is it a matter of the authorities reluctance (or lack of vision) to broaden their horizons?

Interestingly, I read this article, also in the Guardian, today, which discusses the same themes.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/may/18/4chan-radicalize-buffalo-shooting-white-supremacy 

19 hours ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Thanks. The article refers to referrals to the Prevent programme, rather than action that had been taken as a result of those referrals. It also doesn't seem to show how many, if any, of the 'groomers' rather than the 'groomed' had been referred, which is what I'm interested in. 

I'm glad that action at least seem to be progressing in this area, but the question I was asking is, what differentiates some of the politicians, commentators, bloggers etc who promote far right views that undoubtedly encourage hatred and violence among some of the people who listen to them, and the more established Islamic targets of the police/security services; the radical Iman's and mosques, the speakers at universities, the agents of terrorist groups? Is there a fundamental difference in how they operate, beyond clever wordplay, that allows one to be legal and paid well, while the other is monitored, banned, imprisoned? Or is it a matter of the authorities reluctance (or lack of vision) to broaden their horizons?

Interestingly, I read this article, also in the Guardian, today, which discusses the same themes.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/may/18/4chan-radicalize-buffalo-shooting-white-supremacy 

If you believe any of those ideas being promoted on that 4chan you are already fucked up in the head in the first place and just looking to excuse your horrible behaviour and ideas.