You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Another US Shooting

General Dryness

2 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

"I could see there was trouble brewing."

Unidentified bystander.

"I saw him down the hops just before and he told me getting shot was the yeast of his worries. Something must have clicked and made him go barley. Fair play to him though, he didn't bottle it as usual" 

Unidentified Patron from the Irish Pub across the road 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know its Canada but I never heard a thing about this? 22 shot dead in Ottawa two weeks ago? 

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/01/world/canada-assault-style-weapons-ban-trnd/index.html

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/29/americas/nova-scotia-shooting-investigation/index.html

Nice to see they have decided to ban the sale of assault style weapons though... 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I know its Canada but I never heard a thing about this? 22 shot dead in Ottawa two weeks ago? 

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/01/world/canada-assault-style-weapons-ban-trnd/index.html

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/29/americas/nova-scotia-shooting-investigation/index.html

Nice to see they have decided to ban the sale of assault style weapons though... 

This was mentioned on here by our Canadian posters,eh?

I thought Charlie Brewster and Peter Vincent had staked Jerry Dandridge back in 1985. Yet here he is, up and walking around, sporting a beard and lording it as the Canadian Prime Minister.

5 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

When I seen this thread bumped, I honestly thought one of those anti lock down protests had gone all shooty.

You not see how those MAGA cap wearing, right wing, toothless gun nutters stormed the Michigan state senate building last night, unhappy because they've been put on lockdown?

42 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nova Scotia.

51 yr old denturist and cop wannabe went on a rampage. He bought an old RCMP police cruiser and fixed it up to look like the real thing and also was in an RCMP uniform.

The original plan was to buy back the assualt rifles from owners but that fell through.  

11 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

You not see how those MAGA cap wearing, right wing, toothless gun nutters stormed the Michigan state senate building last night, unhappy because they've been put on lockdown?

Yeah I posted it in the Trump thread. That all got a bit shouty, not shooty.

• Upvote 1

Just a mental mental country. If I walked through West Derby village with a replica 1880 Springfield Trapdoor rifle I'd have armed police surrounding me and would likely get shot if I didn't drop it immediately. 

Them cunts can drive round in fucking tanks with assault weapons hanging off them and no fucker bats an eyelid. Its like Mad Max. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Just a mental mental country. If I walked through West Derby village with a replica 1880 Springfield Trapdoor rifle I'd have armed police surrounding me and would likely get shot if I didn't drop it immediately. 

Them cunts can drive round in fucking tanks with assault weapons hanging off them and no fucker bats an eyelid. Its like Mad Max. 

Unless they're black.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

The old normal;

Despite dips in recent years in gun violence and the sanctioned stay-at-home orders, Chicago saw it's deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years.

At least eight people were fatally shot over the weekend and 24 were injured in shootings as of Monday afternoon.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Reports from the US that the FBI are investigating the police department and a couple of district attorneys in the Arbery shooting for potential hate crimes.

Been watching a series on Netflix called 'Trial by Media' which focuses on incidents which were national interest stories and were played out in the media. The latest one I am watching is about a Guinean Immigrant who was shot 41 times on his own doorstep by four white plain clothes NYPD cops. The other episodes featured murders committed with guns as well,including somebody who was embarrassed on a talk show and took revenge by shooting them and the Bernard Goetz case too. Nobody in any episode has even hinted at the problem being remotely linked to guns. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Been watching a series on Netflix called 'Trial by Media' which focuses on incidents which were national interest stories and were played out in the media. The latest one I am watching is about a Guinean Immigrant who was shot 41 times on his own doorstep by four white plain clothes NYPD cops. The other episodes featured murders committed with guns as well,including somebody who was embarrassed on a talk show and took revenge by shooting them and the Bernard Goetz case too. Nobody in any episode has even hinted at the problem being remotely linked to guns. 

Guns don't kill people, rapid onset lead poisoning kills people. 

• Upvote 1