You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Another US Shooting

General Dryness

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

If they'd not got rid of us the USA would now be a lot like Canada. You reap what you sow.

The other, arguably more likely, possibility is we'd be more like America. Their population - due to ever increasing size and wealth - would've become greatly influential, and skewed our culture irreversibly towards their's.

We lost the best war to lose - we fucked off our puritans and some of the greediest capitalists followed them, then they severed ties with us. Like a mad ex dumping you, who was fit and rich, but would've Bobbit'd you in your sleep.

If only all our questionable colonial escapades resulted in jettisoning undesirable bellends, we'd be in a far better state. Doubt we can convince India to take Mark Francois now.

12 hours ago, SasaS said:

Actually, yes, most of them aren't. The previous shooter at Walmart, a week or so ago was a disgruntled employee. I didn't see ideology mentioned in the Ohio case, I see now his sister is one of the victims and the bar he was heading for does not look like a target for white supremacists, at least according to what they put on their Instagram.

Disgruntled employees need to get their arse up to head office 

10 hours ago, A Red said:

The US is fucked up. My dippy nephew, not blood related I have to say, at 17 has got more chance of getting a gun than a pint. 

I love the way Trump says not to worry he will fix it. How does he do that without banning gun ownership?

He’s going to introduce the annual Purge for real.

12 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

The other, arguably more likely, possibility is we'd be more like America. Their population - due to ever increasing size and wealth - would've become greatly influential, and skewed our culture irreversibly towards their's.

We lost the best war to lose - we fucked off our puritans and some of the greediest capitalists followed them, then they severed ties with us. Like a mad ex dumping you, who was fit and rich, but would've Bobbit'd you in your sleep.

If only all our questionable colonial escapades resulted in jettisoning undesirable bellends, we'd be in a far better state. Doubt we can convince India to take Mark Francois now.

Well...

Guest Pistonbroke
10 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

So it's all the fault of video games and nothing to do with the free availability of guns in America. 

They'll be blaming civilians for not investing in bulletproof vests next. Actually, there's a hole in the market for affordable riot gear for civilians. 

Edit. It would seem Amazon have beaten me to it. https://www.amazon.com/bulletproof-vest/s?k=bulletproof+vest

30 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

They'll be blaming civilians for not investing in bulletproof vests next. Actually, there's a hole in the market for affordable riot gear for civilians. 

Edit. It would seem Amazon have beaten me to it. https://www.amazon.com/bulletproof-vest/s?k=bulletproof+vest

That’s for paintballs. 

Has there ever been a mass shooting at a paintball place? Seems like a perfect cover. 

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

That’s for paintballs. 

Has there ever been a mass shooting at a paintball place? Seems like a perfect cover. 

Hahaha, I should have read the description really, thought they were cheap. 

When I was in the forces we had to share live firing ranges with the Yanks at my first posting in Germany. Frightening experience, what a bunch of cowboys. 

2 hours ago, chevettehs said:

I think there may actually be some merit in the "it's people not guns" line though.

Elsewhere in the world this doesn't happen, 3rd world dictator ships etc. aside, it's a uniquely American problem. 

We have more guns in America per capita than any place in the world. Double, in fact. The Falklands are at #2, with Yemen a close #3. We're at least triple everyone else. I think that supports the "it's all the fucking guns argument" more.

The current interpretation of the Second Amendment is a more recent development in US history (granted not that recent). It's only been the in vogue view since the 1970's. For the 200 years before that, the Second Amendment was widely interpreted to apply to Militias, and not mean completely unregulated guns for everyone like it does is now.

It's unlikely that we'll be able to get back to that for a while, as the Supreme Court is now solidly conservative, and not a one of those twats has a soul or feels anything remotely like empathy.

• Upvote 9

52 minutes ago, ATXRED said:

We have more guns in America per capita than any place in the world. Double, in fact. The Falklands are at #2, with Yemen a close #3. We're at least triple everyone else. I think that supports the "it's all the fucking guns argument" more.

The current interpretation of the Second Amendment is a more recent development in US history (granted not that recent). It's only been the in vogue view since the 1970's. For the 200 years before that, the Second Amendment was widely interpreted to apply to Militias, and not mean completely unregulated guns for everyone like it does is now.

It's unlikely that we'll be able to get back to that for a while, as the Supreme Court is now solidly conservative, and not a one of those twats has a soul or feels anything remotely like empathy.

Good post. 

Out of interest mate what are you packing? Trending with an AK-47 or just keeping it understated with the AR-15 and mounted FN-4A gun turret on the roof? 

• Upvote 2

For Americans it's not even about owning a gun, it's about having the right to own a gun. And we all know America is all about rights and being "free". That's what being an American is down to its core. They think they're entitled.

That's why there will always be resistance towards something like gun control even though there are these brutal massacres time and time again. They don't want a government taking one of their "rights" away.

29 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Another one going on now apparently. 

At a Walmart in Baton Rouge but apparently all under control. 

"I have the right to own a gun" the more I say it the more batshit mental it is. 

"Sid Gautreaux said a verbal altercation at the customer service desk led to the shooting. Both of the suspects had hand guns."