You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Another US Shooting

General Dryness

Probably the most practical opinion put forward (under the crazy circumstances that go on in the USA) was to clamp down on getting hold of bullets,given the fact that clamping down on the guns themselves is never going to work. It's just so difficult to speak about practical steps when other often sensible people just go googley eyed when the topic of guns crops up. Starving the NRA of funds and classifying it as a terrorist organisation would be a big step in the right direction though.

Six people have been killed in linked shootings in the city of Bakersfield in California, police say.

A man and his wife drove to a trucking business in the city, where the man shot dead two men and his wife.

The man then drove to another residence where he shot dead two more people.

After hijacking a vehicle with a woman and child in it, the man was then confronted by a deputy and shot himself dead. Police are still investigating the motives behind the killings.

Donny Youngblood of the Kern County Sheriff's Department said deputies were called to the trucking business after reports of shots being fired at 17:20 local time (00:20 GMT) .

The deputies learned that the husband had confronted a man and then shot both him and his own wife. Another man then appeared at the scene and the husband shot at him, before pursuing him and shooting him dead.

The husband then drove to a residence on Breckenridge Road and shot dead two people.

After carjacking a vehicle, the woman and child inside managed to escape.

The man pulled over after a deputy confronted him with a firearm and then shot himself dead.

The Sheriff's Department said the shootings took only a short period of time and were not random.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45505610

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can we assume this guy is a hard left corbynite Marxist... or?

My guess is Fox News watching Trump supporter

The US right wing has really upped the rhetoric recently with elections around the corner. Don’t want to make any snap judgements... but this blood is on their hands. 

Just now, Section_31 said:

I do actually wonder if there's any studies been done about whether sections of the us population show symptoms of actual brainwashing, I'm not saying that to take the piss it's a genuine question. Fox News etc.

I’d be interested to see the results of such a study because it’s 100% the case. You only have to step onto twitter to see them in all their glory. It’s absolutely chilling 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, moof said:

I’d be interested to see the results of such a study because it’s 100% the case. You only have to step onto twitter to see them in all their glory. It’s absolutely chilling 

Whenever me and the Mrs or mates have been to America we always say the telly gives us a headache. The news is incredibly intense, the adverts and the speed with which the breaks come and go. We always say it could probably make you mentally ill.

• dave u changed the title to Another US Shooting