You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Another US Shooting

General Dryness

A young man fatally shot by Swedish police while carrying a toy gun in Stockholm had Down's syndrome and a form of autism, local media report.

Officers opened fire on Eric Torell, 20, in response to what they described as a "threatening situation" in the early hours of Thursday morning.

Fucking hell, that is bleak.  This is the world we live in.

• 4 weeks later...

Video games + alcohol + guns.

What could possibly go wrong? Quite a lot, as it turns out.

Edit: I don't know why I thought it was in a bar, it was in a restaurant.

The shock isn't the how or the why, but why people are shocked any more by the story.

This is not me being insensitive to the plight of those who have lost their lives, but more about being desensitised about the news of something like this happening, again. 

RIP those who lost their lives.

I've said it before, but the country has fostered a culture of fear, distrust and paranoia while promoting the castigating of rational thought from more reasonable-minded people, to the extent where guns are seen as a solution to many problems. As long as nothing is done to change that culture, these regular shootings will continue to happen. As you say, there is too much money to be made by leaving things as they are. It's a bit like the pharmaceutical industry where it is more profitable to treat the symptoms than it is to offer a proper cure.

Still applies.

Idiotic laws + idiotic mentality + idiotic people + guns = America, Fuck Yeah!

After Trump came out the other day in response to that fella who knocked the cyclists over, i went on his twitter to see what he was saying about this.

I was surprised to see there was not one comment about it. There was a tweet criticising mainstream media and Obama though, only an hour ago.

Talk about a country blind to this insanity. Truly horrific culture. 

• dave u changed the title to Another US Shooting