You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (a) - the Merseyside derby, 4/10/2015

Nelly-Szoboszlai

I'll have my alarm set for 3.30am to get a 6.30am flight to sit in their end and most likely see us get bummed. I think it's beginning to dawn on me why the wife calls me a fucking nutjob, for going to all these games.

Repped for dedication to the cause. Hopefully you will see the tide turning soon, with a new manager and new life in the whole club. In the meantime, hats off to you sir!

I'll have my alarm set for 3.30am to get a 6.30am flight to sit in their end and most likely see us get bummed. I think it's beginning to dawn on me why the wife calls me a fucking nutjob, for going to all these games.

I used to be dedicated like that. The last time I sat with 'them' was Boxing Day a few years back, we won 3-1, I think. Cisse & crouch scored & Neville was sent off. The shit I heard that day and what was witnessed, I promised myself that I could NEVER do that again. Then I realised that the bunch of multi millionaires out on the pitch don't give a fuck about us skinting ourselves to watch them, bar the very odd exception. And I discovered 'cardshare' & motorised satellite dishes and fucked my season ticket off. Saved thousands over the years & still watch every game. Plus I can fuck off into my garden when it all gets too much for me.

Just can't see us putting a performance in, I fully expect us to put a derby performance in like The Hodge's last one. Passionless, turgid, not playing for the manager type performance. I will be absolutely gutted as I fucking hate them with a passion but every cloud has a silver lining and all that, in what will,hopefully, be Brendan's last game. We're gonna have to put up with years of stick over this one, similar to the 3-0 they still go on about to this day.

I don't see it even if he loses. The squad is good enough even with Rodgers managing to finish around 5th to 7th. So long as we're in Europe next year he'll be kept on (maybe even if we finish just off a Euro spot).

Right, I don't know why, but I'm still fairly confident about this.

It's Everton. We go the game. And normally beat them. That's what we do.

We're still a bit crisis-y at the moment, but I think Sturridge getting back to fitness will make us a lot more threatening against an Everton side who look as dodgy at the back as we do. Also, they have a few injuries in their back four.

I feel that the right noises are coming from within the club, maybe not the manager, but definitely the players. They seem determined to improve upon a largely indifferent start to the season. And, what better place to do it than a derby at the Pit?

Worries are Deloufeu up against Moreno and Lukaku seems to be hitting form.

But, if we can't up our game for a derby, then we're definitely fucked.

Our season starts on Sunday!......

We've got a game before Sunday, you big match beaut.

Us V Blueshite.

Ireland V Italy

Madrid V Madrid

Gonna be a long day in the ale house. Especially when it's "flick for your round" Sunday.

Odds on a Liverpool, Ireland, Real treble?

Ha! I'm glad this is all Sunday night/early Monday morning and that I don't start work until 2pm Monday. It's the Aussie Rules cup final on Saturday here, so no chance I was staying up that night for all those. The Merseyside Derby has been on this weekend a number of times in recent years. 

Has worked out well this year. 

Safety first, no doubt. Against Villa both Sakho and Skrtel played up the pitch, even crossing midfield a few times in support of attack. If they do that against Everton, we'll get killed on the break.

They're playing with a big of swagger these days. An early goal for them and we'll get trammeled. Can't see Rodgers risking anything here. Anything less than a complete drubbing and he's safe.