You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (a) - the Merseyside derby, 4/10/2015

Nelly-Szoboszlai

Everton are playing quite well at the moment so they will be confident. The whole league is stronger these days, so there's no way they will finish top four or even in a UEFA Cup spot, but given they are a team that alternates decent (for them) seasons with very poor ones, this season looks to be gearing up for one of their good ones.

So, a tip top Everton and a terrible Liverpool side? Should mean we only finish three places above them in the league instead of 8-9!

I can never get to the place where I want to lose a game, but I haven't lost sight of the wider problem, which is the need to change the manager. But if he keeps winning he will build up a case to remain in the job.

Their fans will be full of expectation that they will win. That will heap pressure on their players and I think they will not play freely. We will win this one 2-1 or 3-1. If we do, I hope the manager keeps his head down and keeps getting on with it. He has no right to ride the crest of any wave if we win the derby. I didn't like the stuff he came out with after we won last week and it felt like he shot himself in the foot a bit there. Win and remain humble is the Liverpool way. Brendan's record is patchy at best, and he is full of hubris. It all adds to a sense of disconnect with fans. He has a lot of work to do to turn it around in the eyes of most fans.

I'm hoping that the win over the baggies will give then a false sense of security if WBA can put 2 past them then we should as well but there will be goals of that I'm sure, us by the odd goal with Sturridge getting a few COYR let's turn them over, has anyone had a butchers to see what GOT are saying

It's rare for me to feel confident about a win before a big game but I fully expect us to do them on Sunday.

Am I the only one who thinks Carra mentioned they were favourites to put more pressure on them? The team always puts up a fight in this fixture and with Everton being supposed favourites that puts more pressure on them and gives our players extra motivation.

It's rare for me to feel confident about a win before a big game but I fully expect us to do them on Sunday.

Am I the only one who thinks Carra mentioned they were favourites to put more pressure on them? The team always puts up a fight in this fixture and with Everton being supposed favourites that puts more pressure on them and gives our players extra motivation.

The team has not always put up a fight in this fixture. You seem to have forgotten the Hodgson game at the Pit. We're not a million miles from the that level of shit.

Just can't see us putting a performance in, I fully expect us to put a derby performance in like The Hodge's last one. Passionless, turgid, not playing for the manager type performance. I will be absolutely gutted as I fucking hate them with a passion but every cloud has a silver lining and all that, in what will,hopefully, be Brendan's last game. We're gonna have to put up with years of stick over this one, similar to the 3-0 they still go on about to this day.