You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aston Villa (h) 26/9/15

an tha

It's time for Rodgers to unleash the holy of holy formation, the most hidden, the most secret, the one he learned coaching the Tibetan Reincarnated Under Births. It's time.

The Kop will be transformed into a time portal, where it's always the 70's and you can fuck whoever you want and smoke in elevators and where any bad games will be forgotten because you know the 80's are coming.

The WM?

Posted Image

• Upvote 1

I imagine he ll stick with the 3412 today with coutinho behind sturridge and ings. Can Skrtel and Sakho at the back. Clyne and Moreno on the wings. Only question is who plays midfield. Lucas was one of our best players against Norwich. Milner has been poor but runs up and down everest 4 times every game. Allen is fit or considering he d have 6 defenders on the pitch he could play lallana in midfield alongside lucas to add some creativity or at least allow him to break the record for Cruyff turns in a game.

it was pretty good between January - April 14...

and half decent between January- mid March 2015

not too bad this season either...4 out of 6 matches we've played ok.

admittedly you would expect a settled playing pattern and team in his 4th season but if the 2nd half of 13-14 is a taster of what he can do, I'm prepared to give him more than 6 games..

this "down to Suarez" revisionism bollocks  doesn't reflect the reality that we actually won more points that season without him that season than with him

As others have pointed out, this is obviously total nonsense. However, for some reason, I'm still interested to know how you've worked this out.

I reckon we'll win 2-0; a flat lifeless game with few chances, where the biggest talking point is how punchable Jack Grealish is.

They're due a bad performance against us, and after being buoyed by beating derby rivals in the League Cup it'd be standard procedure to be brought back to earth in the next match.

2-0: Ings and Moreno

this "down to Suarez" revisionism bollocks  doesn't reflect the reality that we actually won more points that season without him that season than with him

Did you write this with a straight face? Games he missed:

Stoke H W 1-0

Villa A W 1-0

Man Utd H W 1-0

Swansea A D 2-2

Southampton H L 0-1

P5 W3 D1 L1 - Win percentage 60%. 10 points out of 15 available.

Games with him:

P33 W23 D5 L5 - Win percentage 70%. 74 points out of 99 available.

In any case a sample size of 5 matches is pretty irrelevant against a sample of 33 against the entire league.

• Upvote 5

2-0 For us, Just got a feeling that we might just give Rodgers a good send off today (on the pitch) i can't see him lasting to much longer than this week in my opinion the players look dissinterested or poorly set out or even both.I can't bring myself to wanting Liverpool to lose it doesn't sit right so a win and Rodgers to go will do.

It generally feels like the end for Rodgers and any positive results are just prolonging it that week or 2 more. As soon as we have another shit performance and lose he'll be gone. Despite that we'll win today, Villa are shit, they've spent the Benteke money worse than we spent the Suarez money and that took some doing.

We'll have a shitty little 1-0 here, 1-0 against Sion and he'll be sacked just before the international break after a humiliating loss to Everton. Gary Mac will be the Interim Manager until someone else is appointed.

Did you write this with a straight face? Games he missed:

Stoke H W 1-0

Villa A W 1-0

Man Utd H W 1-0

Swansea A D 2-2

Southampton H L 0-1

P5 W3 D1 L1 - Win percentage 60%. 10 points out of 15 available.

Games with him:

P33 W23 D5 L5 - Win percentage 70%. 74 points out of 99 available.

In any case a sample size of 5 matches is pretty irrelevant against a sample of 33 against the entire league.

Including all the 9 games of the suspension that admittedly spanned two seasons , our average points per game was 2.55, compared with 2.22 with him in the team.

Overall during his time at the Club, our win rate without was 64% compared to 50% with him in the team.

Not diminishing his contribution with these stats as it was immense - it's just that any argument to dismiss Rodgers contribution doesn't stand up

Could be gruesome. With his job on the line I can't Rodgers risking much and Sherwood might just sit back and take a point if he can.

A flat out effort to win and we take it. Too cautious and trouble beckons.

Surely he's gonna send the team out to attack, a point is of fuck all use to him at this stage.

I don't see what difference this game will make to anything. Even if we win 5-0 it doesn't matter, his time is up he has to go now.

Including all the 9 games of the suspension that admittedly spanned two seasons , our average points per game was 2.55, compared with 2.22 with him in the team.

Overall during his time at the Club, our win rate without was 64% compared to 50% with him in the team.

Not diminishing his contribution with these stats as it was immense - it's just that any argument to dismiss Rodgers contribution doesn't stand up

You referred in your post to 'that season', which is why O202 picked you up on it.

• Upvote 1

well, its 6 games into the season - maybe if you gave him a bit more?

playing the best attacking football in Europe 17 months ago....or is that forgotten...the bastard couldn't sustain it...well, we think he can't...doesn't look like it...let's the sack the fucker and get someone else in who can*

* on the condition that he does it within 9 months, otherwise he's a cunt, he' s out...move on to the next..etc etc etc

sad times to be a Liverpool fan

We've won 5 games in the last 19...