You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aston Villa (h) 26/9/15

an tha

Thats about as much a good rodgers liverpool performance as I ve seen for a long time. High pressing from wing backs midfield coutinho and ings, plenty of chances, plenty of goals scored but still conceding too easily.

Sturridge's finishes were top drawer and good to hear him get the clap clap..... sturridge chant.

need to keep it going against sion and then everton.

To have conceded twice to that Villa side is pretty dire.  Really dire.  On another day, that's us beaten, and we'd all have been apoplectic.

Our forward line, and winning, were the only positives to come from the game and for that I'm very thankful, if not a whole lot more hopeful.

That said, astonishingly, we are only 5 points off the top of the League.  

So, I think I'll wind my neck in on the complaining for now, and look to the Derby.

If Brendan doesn't get it right, Sturridge and Ings and Milner perhaps might.

Lucas was superb. Ings is going to be our best signing for a few years. Pleased for Sturridge.

Brendan's post match comments are fucking stupid, he should just shut the fuck up and keep winning games. The reason he's getting criticism is results have not been good enough, performances have not been good enough and his/comities signings have not been good enough.

Lucas was superb. Ings is going to be our best signing for a few years. Pleased for Sturridge.

Brendan's post match comments are fucking stupid, he should just shut the fuck up and keep winning games. The reason he's getting criticism is results have not been good enough, performances have not been good enough and his/comities signings have not been good enough.

This is the man who said he genuinely believes there's nobody in the world who could do a better job.

This is the man who said he genuinely believes there's nobody in the world who could do a better job.

Who me? Yes last year i thought he should be given time, partly because of the lack of alternative managers available. It would have been a change for changes sake.

Ancelloti and Klopp are proven winners who were not available last year and may not be available till Xmas this year. If Ancelloti says he would be willing to take over after recovering from back surgery.then its a no brainier.

Who me? Yes last year i thought he should be given time, partly because of the lack of alternative managers available. It would have been a change for changes sake.

Ancelloti and Klopp are proven winners who were not available last year and may not be available till Xmas this year. If Ancelloti says he would be willing to take over after recovering from back surgery.then its a no brainier.

Eh? No, Rodgers said that about himself.

• Upvote 1

Rodgers probably had a good transfer window for once.

Ings is better than Borini. Clyne is better than Johnson. Benteke at least gives a presence up front. Milner is a winner who provides energy.

He just can't seem to make them gel, the side plays like they were introduced to each other on the morning of the game.

Rodgers probably had a good transfer window for once.

Ings is better than Borini. Clyne is better than Johnson. Benteke at least gives a presence up front. Milner is a winner who provides energy.

He just can't seem to make them gel, the side plays like they were introduced to each other on the morning of the game.

Well you could argue that buying Benteke at least guaranteed us a win against Villa, quite how he gets in to the team if Sturridge and Ings keep playing well and scoring is anyones guess. Wasted £32m on him when that money would have been better spent on a keeper. 

Villa are a really poor side and have been for 3-5 years. Dim Tim will take them down or very close to It  this season as he doesn't have any tactical nous about him he's all arm waving and trying to get his players to out run the opposition. For me that kind of puts yesterday's results into perspective Yes we won and its great to see us scoring goals again but I feel Villa were a contributing factor in that a more organised better set up team would have walked away with a point or more we'd have had less clear chances and we look shaky to say the least at the back. But the Ings / Sturiddge partnership showed signs there is something there, some really good build up play from the two of them. I'm glad we won but I feel its only prolonging Rodgers fate and in turn ours we need to get rid and move on.  

Well you could argue that buying Benteke at least guaranteed us a win against Villa, quite how he gets in to the team if Sturridge and Ings keep playing well and scoring is anyones guess. Wasted £32m on him when that money would have been better spent on a keeper. 

To be fair, we needea a striker, Sturridge is not to be dependent on. But if he was the right choice, that is to be seen.. But Rodgers is clerly not the man to get the best out of him. 

Villa are a really poor side and have been for 3-5 years. Dim Tim will take them down or very close to It this season as he doesn't have any tactical nous about him he's all arm waving and trying to get his players to out run the opposition. For me that kind of puts yesterday's results into perspective Yes we won and its great to see us scoring goals again but I feel Villa were a contributing factor in that a more organised better set up team would have walked away with a point or more we'd have had less clear chances and we look shaky to say the least at the back. But the Ings / Sturiddge partnership showed signs there is something there, some really good build up play from the two of them. I'm glad we won but I feel its only prolonging Rodgers fate and in turn ours we need to get rid and move on.

thats the first time we ve beaten them at home since December 2010